Dedication to Maria Fernandes ~ May you Rest in Peace.

Dutchie

Guests
Hello everyone,

I did not see any posts about this so I wanted to take this opportunity to post about someone who sadly passed away on Monday at just 32 years old. Maria Fernandes was a big Michael Jackson fan and it really touched my heart when I read about her. She worked hard, very hard (4 jobs), and whatever she had she was willing to give to others. Her heart was big like Michael's and when I read this particular article I was moved by how loved she was and what a kind person she was. She understood what Michael stood for and her life was proof of this.

"Armando Gonzalez, who worked with Fernandes in the Harrison Dunkin Donuts, recalled how Fernandes would scoop up any food that fell, and save it to feed the birds after work. She did the same thing with leftover bagels from the Linden store, Paches said.

Despite her long work hours, Fernandes cared for a dog and three cats, stray animals that she took in as her own, Culhane said.

Each June, Fernandes scraped the money together for a week-long trip to California, to attend a festival of her favorite musical artist, Michael Jackson."

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2...n_gave_money_away.html#incart_related_stories

I didn't have the privilege of knowing Maria personally, however I do recognize her from her photo and believe I have met her during some of my trips to see Michael. I felt it was only right to dedicate a thread to her, as she was simply 'one of us'. She took tomorrow (Friday) off to celebrate Michael's birthday. Now, you can celebrate it with him in heaven. Rest peacefully.

1fLfUb18S96zUiIJBTDnGA.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much for posting this Dutchie.
It's good to know, we fans care a lot about each other, that really touches my heart.

R.I.P Maria ....thank you for everything you meant for the mankind and nature.

:( What a terrible tragedy. She was so young... The descriptions of her in the article paint the picture of a kind, altruistic and incredibly hard-working woman. Michael would have been proud of her.

My thoughts are with her family and loved ones.

Back