Concept: HIStory 20th Anniversary Special Editions

Dunk96

The Queen HBIC
PLEASE NOTE: These are hypothetical concepts. In no way will these 100% actually happen. I made up the concept for all of this,so please do not freak out.

HIStory: Past,Present,and Future Book I - 20th Anniversary Special Edition CD
Release: June 13th,2015

Front cover:
v7iSoQb.jpg

Back cover:
MpV7Pzq.jpg

Notes:
- I wanted to keep the concept of the HIStory cover as original as possible,but give it a modernized flare. I kept the concept of the clouds and the statue,and the red used in the clouds gives the cover a grungier feel,because this was an "angrier" album.
- Choosing June 13th as a release date was very important because it not only was the original HIStory release date,it also commemorates a very important moment in Michael Jackson history,which is the tenth anniversary of his acquittal of child molestation allegations.
- For the second disc,I chose officially commissioned remixes,not to downplay from fan remixes,but it fits the album better. Some remixes were featured on Blood On The Dance Floor: HIStory In The Mix. An orchestral version of Childhood and a non-rap version of the 2 Bad Refugee Camp remix don't exist,but it can be included,as this is a fan made concept.
- Also for the second disc, I replaced tracks without officially commissioned remixes (D.S.,Come Together,Tabloid Junkie,Little Susie,and Smile) with tracks that were not available during HIStory's original release,but are available as of now,including the extended 15 minute version of the DMC Megamix,which has previously been unreleased on official MJ commissioned singles and albums. I know "Fall Again" was not recorded during HIStory's sessions,but I included it because it could be completed from the demo with an orchestral sound and feel,but also a modern twist (not like posthumous albums that The Estate has commissioned so far).

Special Commemorative Boxed Set Edition
Release: June 25th,2015
Front:
6kRdJvB.jpg

Back:
nOCqPKB.jpg

Notes:
- Not as exciting of a concept as many fans would assume,but the DVD includes a behind the scenes look at Earth Song,You Are Not Alone,Childhood,the making of the HIStory statue,and the HIStory Tour,which has previously been unreleased on officially released Michael Jackson materials.
- I know "Brace Yourself" was made during the Dangerous era,but I feel that it's a good opening to start the DVD.
- The release date of the boxed set coincides with the sixth anniversary of his death,which is why it's being released on this date after the release of the regular version.
- The HIStory Begins MTV Megamix and the HIStory Megamix have both never been officially released up until this DVD.*
* - I will include links to these two videos so you know which mixes I'm talking about.

2 many remixes on the 2nd disc. You have tracks already released on Ultimate Collection...nothing new on there. You gotta at least include 3 or 4 unreleased tracks never before released on disc before.

IMO we won't be seeing an anniversary edition for HIStory, at least not until year 25. If anything comes out next, it'll be Dangerous 25 in 2016.

2 many remixes on the 2nd disc. You have tracks already released on Ultimate Collection...nothing new on there. You gotta at least include 3 or 4 unreleased tracks never before released on disc before.

IMO we won't be seeing an anniversary edition for HIStory, at least not until year 25. If anything comes out next, it'll be Dangerous 25 in 2016.
Well again,it's just a hypothetical. Plus,too,had I picked out tracks unreleased from the HIStory sessions,I also would've been nitpicked about that too,with comments such as "That's not a real Michael song","Why are you using Wikipedia as a source?" bla bla bla. Because apparently,sharing your ideas on this site will get you crucified.

You could also include demos and extended versions for Disc II :)

HIStory was released June 20th 1995 in the US and June 16th in the UK. Where was it released on June 13th?

Really clever what you've done there! Visually it looks great & the DVD would be brilliant. For me the best remix of the HIStory era would be TDCAU Dallas Austin remix.

Also Ghosts on a DVD would be brilliant.

I never listen to the remixes so to me this would not be a very exciting release. I'd rather have unreleased songs than remixes.

HIStory was released June 20th 1995 in the US and June 16th in the UK. Where was it released on June 13th?
There were promotional posters that originally stated that the release was June 13th unless I'm mistaken.

Disc 2 reads it a bit too much like Blood.

Speaking of which, couldn't that be worked in somehow...

Not something i would buy, Ghosts? One Night Only Rehearsals? Short Films Blu-Ray, HWT Blu-Ray, Never heard song's for example seeing voices etc.. so...

I am not interested in remixes. I would be more interested in demos, unreleased songs from that era, alternative takes.

ETA: Nevermind. Just realized it is an old thread bumped up. LOL.

Back