Auction of Jackson Family Items Begins Tomorrow, Runs 10 Days Through September 19

#MJforever57

Proud Member
September 09, 2014 07:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The possessions of the celebrated Jackson family (the Jackson 5, Michael, Janet and LaToya Jackson and their parents), are going to auction after many years in storage. Many of the items go back a half-century.

“Some of the items are ordinary items that could come out of any household - but when it has the provenance of being from the Jackson household - that’s history.”

A bankruptcy court has at long last released the items - arranged in 557 lots - to be available to the general public beginning at 10 a.m. EDT tomorrow, September 10, and running through Friday, September 19 at GottaHaveRockandRoll.com.

The range of items include over 150 original unreleased master recordings -- including 56 unreleased master recordings from the Jackson 5, one of the world’s most legendary recording groups of all time. There are also stage wardrobe jackets, a stage used organ, a black tuxedo worn by Michael’s pet chimp “Bubbles,” 10 filing cabinets of personal documents, the family’s personal videos of the Jackson 5 cartoon show, over 100 pairs of shoes from LaToya and Janet, lingerie from the sisters, Michael’s Disney Peter Pan collection, stage worn clothing, props and jewelry, Michael’s personal records, toys and awards, and even LaToya’s collection of sex toys.

The bankruptcy court, (dealing with the bankruptcy of Vintage Associates LLC, which acquired the property from the original storage facility), granted rights over many other auction companies to GottaHaveRockandRoll, the online auction company based in New York. The collection of Jackson Family Memorabilia was originally acquired over 15 years ago directly from the Jackson’s storage facility.

A number of the lots are simply boxes that could be classified as “mystery holdings.” Some have hundreds of items waiting for the buyer to discover the contents.

The holdings also include a Michael Jackson court transcript involving a restraining order for a fan who said she was Billie Jean.

“The Jacksons are one of the most studied, most iconic families in the history of show business,” noted Pete Siegel, president of GottaHaveIt! “Some of the items are ordinary items that could come out of any household - but when it has the provenance of being from the Jackson household - that’s history.”

All the lots are on the website www.GottaHaveRockandRoll.com, along with registration and bidding information.

About GottaHaveRockandRoll.com

GottaHaveRockandRoll.com, an online auction site devoted to rock and roll and pop art was launched in 2008.

Contacts

For GottaHaveRockandRoll.com
Marty Appel Public Relations
Marty Appel, 212-245-1772
FAX: 877-298-1932
www.AppelPR.com

This is Henry Vaccaro's stuff and does that mean he is gone bankruptcy?

Link to the catalogue:
http://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/catalog.aspx

I thought this one "A collection of 3 framed pictures owned by members of the Jackson Family" was photos of members of family but it seems to be that they had picture of 50 ways to quit smoking :giggle:

Joe Jackson Productions Business Correspondence Collection and other business items got some bids. I wonder if it is Joe who is bidding?

Adult Entertainment Collection, LaToya's collection got 1 bid already:)

There were no Michael's master recordings on sale, just LaToya, Rebbie and J5, and not really that much of Michael's stuff, but other members, mostly LaToya's.

Taj Jackson @tajjackson3 · Sep 10
@kathrynlking @tjjackson @tarylljackson Nice to see our stolen property getting auctioned off again.

Half of the stuff being auctioned was my mom's. It was put in storage after she passed. When $$'s to be made, morals go out the window.

Are they selling Taj's mum cloting under Janet's and LaToya's name?

I don't know why Taj is saying stolen property?

Last edited:
It did say it was release from bankruptcy court in the article.

Bubs refresh my memory i have heard this name.

A fan mention on the fb page why was this not taken care of in 2003/2004

150 unreleased original master recording's??? why aren't the estate going after the masters??? urgh.

150 unreleased original master recording's??? why aren't the estate going after the masters??? urgh.
Perhaps because it's mostly Jackson 5 stuff and Motown actually owns them? Not sure if they have anything from MJ. If they did, I'm sure they would explicitly state it... I hope...

Lol, who would want to buy LaToya's sex toys?

Perhaps because it's mostly Jackson 5 stuff and Motown actually owns them? Not sure if they have anything from MJ. If they did, I'm sure they would explicitly state it... I hope...

Somebody is interested and put the bid for it:D

I didn't see any Michael's master recordings, only J5. I heard that Howard Mann has some of the stuff that used to belong to Vaccaro collection, and what he has is mostly MJ stuff.

That where i heard that name it had something to do with Howard Mann.

Vaccaro has sold this to Howard Mann a long time ago.

Yeah this seems to be the Mann collection which is now being sold. When they mention bankruptcy I don't know if they are referring to the original bankruptcy or if there has been some new bankruptcy with Mann? With crooks they always put their statements in a certain way so you don't really get exactly what they are saying.

Maybe Mann gave the property to this firm to auction them off. I am so sorry Micahel did not follow up and get back his items. If I remember correctly the court had said that they could not take Michael's property because he was not a party to the bankruptcy, but then Michael did not follow up?

I suspect that what Taj is saying is that the storages contained items from different family members and his mom's things are in there as well. Therefore, the people are identifying items as belonging to Michael, J5 & sisters when in fact some of the items belong to others. People will buy something and think it is Janet's when it might be his moms. That is why you have to be careful when you buy from crooks.

Yeah this seems to be the Mann collection which is now being sold. When they mention bankruptcy I don't know if they are referring to the original bankruptcy or if there has been some new bankruptcy with Mann? With crooks they always put their statements in a certain way so you don't really get exactly what they are saying.

Maybe Mann gave the property to this firm to auction them off. I am so sorry Micahel did not follow up and get back his items. If I remember correctly the court had said that they could not take Michael's property because he was not a party to the bankruptcy, but then Michael did not follow up?

I suspect that what Taj is saying is that the storages contained items from different family members and his mom's things are in there as well. Therefore, the people are identifying items as belonging to Michael, J5 & sisters when in fact some of the items belong to others. People will buy something and think it is Janet's when it might be his moms. That is why you have to be careful when you buy from crooks.

I think MJ only wanted to get back a Rolls Royce and a baby piano.

Both Vaccaro and Mann are crooks and they both used certain items (eg. LaToya's sex toys) to try to blackmail MJ (or Katherine) with them. Suggesting that such things were his. Of course, of course, who else? :smilerolleyes:

In the bold i wish Michael would have got it back too.

Both Vaccaro and Mann are crooks and they both used certain items (eg. LaToya's sex toys) to try to blackmail MJ (or Katherine) with them. Suggesting that such things were his. Of course, of course, who else? :smilerolleyes:

True. I don't think they will get much money from this if there are no many Michael iconic items. Hopefully the family bids on what they really want to recover, but maybe they don't care for anything there.

What crooks these two were make my skin crawl

True. I don't think they will get much money from this if there are no many Michael iconic items. Hopefully the family bids on what they really want to recover, but maybe they don't care for anything there.

I agree with you it not doing to well over there.

That thingy is not used by men but women, and to claim it belonged to Michael is sheer stupidity:cheeky:

Ott, come to think about it, maybe we could start a collection and buy it so we can send it to Demon Dimond, she could use one of them :giggle:

That thingy is not used by men but women, and to claim it belonged to Michael is sheer stupidity:cheeky:

Ott, come to think about it, maybe we could start a collection and buy it so we can send it to Demon Dimond, she could use one of them :giggle:

Good plan Bubs.

Bubs;4042190 said:
@kathrynlking @tjjackson @tarylljackson Nice to see our stolen property getting auctioned off again.

Half of the stuff being auctioned was my mom's. It was put in storage after she passed. When $$'s to be made, morals go out the window.

He hasn't a clue what he's talking about, tired of their victim mentality. The family owed money to vaccarro in some business deal, never paid and all declared bankruptcy, but by some detective work vaccarro was able to get ownership of their family locker as part payment. The family, including tito, had the chance to get it all back for $thousands, but none of them were prepared to pay to get it back. It's all their own fault - no one stole anything. In fact the last owner of the collection was mrs j's business partner, so why didn't he get his grandma to get his mum's stuff back.

Last edited:
He hasn't a clue what he's talking about, tired of their victim mentality. The family owed money to vaccarro in some business deal, never paid and all declared bankruptcy, but by some detective work vaccarro was able to get ownership of their family locker as part payment. The family, including tito, had the chance to get it all back for $thousands, but none of them were prepared to pay to get it back. It's all their own fault - no one stole anything. In fact the last owner of the collection was mrs j's business partner, so why didn't he get his grandma to get his mum's stuff back.

I think the original lot was split in twos. Vaccaro owned some, which is now being sold because he is going to bankruptcy, but earlier he sold some of it to Mann.
This is for people who doesn't know the background of this case"
Lesliemjhu's interview with Vaccaro
http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.ie/2011/02/interview-with-henry-vaccaro.html
(note, comments are worth of reading too)

Q: According to some sources you have sold the items recently to Howard Mann. Is it true? Did you keep any of the items?
A: Yes the entire collection was sold to Howard Mann. I kept some of the items.

So yes, Taj should have asked his granny to contact on her business parter and ask if he could give back their mother's stuff.

"I must tell you this, that by 1993 I was so broke that at the deposition of Joe Jackson I offered to settle my $1.4 million dollar judgment for a quick payment of $100 thousand dollars. The family lawyer say's "I'm here to make sure that you get nothing". That attitude is what kept me going..."

Joe Jackson should have told his lawyer to be quiet and collect the money among members of family and pay when it was possible back then. Sometimes they are so ill-informed that it boggles the mind and the blame is directed at outsider of the family.

Vaccaro got the contents of the storage place to satisfy the debt Jacksons had to him. However the storage room had items from Jacksons who weren't in debt to him so there have been several lawsuits about those Jacksons getting their items back. I believe that's what Taj is referring is.

Vaccaro's judgment covered some members of Jacksons (Jackie, Jermaine, Randy, Tito, Rebbie, Marlon and parents Joseph and Katherine Jackson) technically he shouldn't have access to the items belongs to other Jacksons.

Those masters are for the Jacksons variety show in the 70s and they are released - during the show. Not only almost all are Jackson 5 but also CBS has some rights on them. Plus Estate / Sony/ CBS maintains copyright on those songs.

Vaccaro has sold this to Howard Mann a long time ago.

Yes and No. Although Vaccaro claimed he sold them and Mann claimed he bought them, that was not the case. Estate lawsuit has uncovered items were still in Vaccaro's possession and Mann was just a consultant / front man. Then in this sale Vaccaro claims Mann removed MJ items and he should be ordered to return those and Mann claims he paid for them. So as of now MJ items are at Mann but there's a dispute in regards to who owns those items.

This is a sale that's being done by Vaccaro. His company declared bankruptcy and this is court ordered sale.

Last edited:
Vaccaro got the contents of the storage place to satisfy the debt Jacksons had to him. However the storage room had items from Jacksons who weren't in debt to him so there have been several lawsuits about those Jacksons getting their items back. I believe that's what Taj is referring is.
Oh right. I only know about mj's and janet's lawsuits - they can only try and get back their own items. I don't think 3t/tito have tried getting back dee's items the legal way - just complain on twitter.

Those masters are for the Jacksons variety show in the 70s and they are released - during the show. Not only almost all are Jackson 5 but also CBS has some rights on them. Plus Estate / Sony/ CBS maintains copyright on those songs.
Do you remember howard mann released one of these recordings in this collection - opus one - around the time of 'michael' album, claiming it was new mj music. It turned out to be just a remix of destiny i think and the estate slapped him down.

I don't think 3t/tito have tried getting back dee's items the legal way - just complain on twitter.

I think they did try legal venues and brian oxman was their lawyer. That alone should explain why they weren't successful probably.

Do you remember howard mann released one of these recordings in this collection - opus one - around the time of 'michael' album, claiming it was new mj music. It turned out to be just a remix of destiny i think and the estate slapped him down.

yep. like I said the "unreleased masters" are all for Jacksons variety show.Majority of them have been released on the show. Estate / Sony/ CBS has the copyrights over those recordings.

Would people be interested to buy those items? Most of them are Michael Jackson fans, not Jackson family fans and hopefully Vaccaro can't sell Michael's stuff.

^^

apparently there is 11,000 MJ related items (mostly photos) but they are in possession of Mann's lawyer. There's a dispute about who owns that stuff.

If it's decided Vaccaro owns that stuff, they'll be sold too. This is a court ordered bankruptcy sale.

I did not know it was a court order bankruptcy sale, so interested parties should get some good deals on pricing if they are interested. I get the feeling Joe and Michael's siblings are not really interested in these items.

:puke:

Somebody is interested and put the bid for it:D

I didn't see any Michael's master recordings, only J5. I heard that Howard Mann has some of the stuff that used to belong to Vaccaro collection, and what he has is mostly MJ stuff.

:wtf: :bugeyed

Nenenowords_zps5529cb86.jpg

Bubs;4042190 said:

With the lack of interest this thing is generating, Taj can buy everything himself right now for a couple of thousand dollars.

The things getting the most bidding activity seems to be correspondence bins. Wouldn't be surprised if there is some media folks bidding for them or somebody who's working on another book.

^^About the correspondence you have a good idea there. Maybe those are people looking for some salacious tidbit to elaborate on, so they can include in some publication. It could be those who the media go to as the Jackson experts too. From what you are seeing in terms of sales, it does not look as though this guy will make enough money to pay off creditors.

^^About the correspondence you have a good idea there. Maybe those are people looking for some salacious tidbit to elaborate on, so they can include in some publication. It could be those who the media go to as the Jackson experts too. From what you are seeing in terms of sales, it does not look as though this guy will make enough money to pay off creditors.

Many items don't have full contents descriptions or photos, and most of the 'multiple item' lots will cost more to post overseas than they are worth. I can't see many overseas buyers participating......
I wonder why they didn't include more photos, or split lots into post-able groupings? (or even indicate how much some of the larger lots weigh)

Back