Let's guess possible songs for the next album

Slave To The Rhythm

Proud Member
Here you can discuss about songs that could be on the next album of unreleased material.

The aim of the thread is to create a track list of about 8 -10 possible songs ;)

Help me to create this list by discussing about songs that you think will be included and if possible why. Which of the leaked ones are good to "contemporize"? Focus also on songs that were considered for "Michael" and "Xscape" or are known to be finished.
Let us collect as many infos as possible about unreleased tracks.

This songs could come in consideration:

1. Throwin' Your Life Away
(Failed to make the Michael album)
2. Lovely Way
(Failed to make the Michael album)
3. Hot Fun In The Summertime
(Failed to make the Xscape album as a duet)
4. Joy
(Dangerous 25??)

Last edited:
The following list is not our track list of 8 songs! Just a collection of facts you posted in this thread so everyone can find them easily without reading every post. (Update as soon as i get new information)

Lovley Way
According to Mark Ronson he produced the song for the "Michael" album but it didn't make the final cut. He also said that Lovely Way is in the Vein of “Good Bye Yellow Brick Road” (Elton John) and “Imagine” (John Lennon)

Chicago 1945
Writer/Producer didn't want it to be remixed for Xscape. Here is an interesting story about the song: http://www.****************.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2200

I Was The Loser
The version that leaked (I Am A Loser) is only a demo before it became “I Was The Loser”. Many love the song and Xscape showed that the estate don’t have any problems with releasing leaked tracks.

I'm Dreamin’
One of the songs he worked on with will.i.am. In an interview in september of 2013 Will said that he wanted to put it on his album #willpower but the estate didn't allow that. Maybe they want to save it for a future Michael album? Watch the interview: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4046216
Infos about other will.i.am songs: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4032573

Throwing Your Life Away
Another song that was considered for "Michael" (produced by Neff-U). The track has complete vocals and Michael worked several times on it from 1988 to his death.

Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me
Rodney Jerkins who produced the song was also part of the Xscape project. Fans are screaming for that song and would like to see rodney on the next project too. Why not reworking again a song, that original version he produced?

Man In Black/Men In Black
We know not much about it, but the song is expect to be great. Many fans are asking for “Man In Black” and the next album might be the last chance to release it. Another interesting information: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4039160

Hot Fun In The Summertime
The song failed to make the Xscape album as a duet with D'Angelo, Mary J Blige and Questlove. Because it’s a posthumous duet i think they would only release it as a bonus track on a possible deluxe edition.

Shut Up And Dance
A great dance track Jackson and Buxer worked on with Michael Prince and Eric Kirkland with echoes of Stevie Wonder and MJ circa Bad.
Joe Vogel: “I don’t think we’ll get “Shut Up and Dance” as an official release. The music is perfect, but sadly, it was one of those tracks Michael and others just figured they could lay down vocals for once the new album was closer to completion. The vocals aren’t even as complete as “Hollywood.” Too bad…it’s a killer dance track. Would have likely been the lead single on Invincible.”
http://www.joevogel.net/exclusive-inside-michael-jacksons-hollywood#comment-7
Are the vocals at least as complete at the ones on “In The Back”?
Joe Vogel: “Unfortunately, no, it’s not as complete. “In the Back” had at least scatting through every part of the song.”
http://www.joevogel.net/exclusive-inside-michael-jacksons-hollywood#comment-12

Joy
Teddy Riley is going through 700 tapes and hopes he find the song so that we all can hear it.
Here's his post:
http://instagram.com/p/wFWydXGHg9/?modal=true

Unreleased leaked songs
Seeing Voices, If You Don't Love Me, Serious Effect

All other songs you mentioned:
Somewhere In Time, Tragedy of a Cheerleader, Ekan Satyam (The One Truth), Bottle Of Smoke, What's Your Life, California Grass, Hot Street, I Have This Dream, Silent Spring, What More Can I Give, Buffalo Bill, Kick It, Red Eye, Resurrection, Peter Pan, Can You..., I Will Miss You, If We Still Love, Still The King, The Future, Unkown Title (John Legend Song)

Last edited:
Reactions: MJ5
I really wanna hear Hot Fun in the Summertime, it's one of my favourite Sly and the Family Stone songs and I'm curious to hear Michael's take on it!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high for Men In Black because everyone assumes it will be amazing. I'm sure it will sound fine, but most likely it will sound quite different to how I would imagine it in my head so if it gets released I'll take it as it comes... :)

I wanna hear Seeing Voices plus another track from 2005-2009! all unreleased tracks though, i want to hear at some point.. plus visuals

I'm still waiting for full,untouched versions of Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me and Man in Black.

I wanna hear Seeing Voices plus another track from 2005-2009! all unreleased tracks though, i want to hear at some point.. plus visuals

I want to hear it too but i the song seems to be very slow and not good to contemporize... So i'm not sure if it's a song for the next album or not. But we will see when it leaked in full ;)

Slave To The Rhythm;4042449 said:
Can someone tell me anything about "Lovely Way"? That song was mentioned by IvoDT but i couldn't find any informations...

Lovely Way

Mark Ronson Produced the Track in 2010 for the Consideration in” Michael” Album

According to Ronson:

I actually never met MJ, But Estate has given the vocal track of the song to work

for his upcoming album.The Track is in the Vein of Elton’s John’s “Good Bye Yellow

Brick Road” and John Lennon’s “Imagine”.

anilsai;4042489 said:
Lovely Way

Mark Ronson Produced the Track in 2010 for the Consideration in” Michael” Album

Do we know about more tracks that were produced for the album and didn't make the final cut beside of Throwing Your Life Away and Lovely Way?? ;)

I want to hear it too but i the song seems to be very slow and not good to contemporize... So i'm not sure if it's a song for the next album or not. But we will see when it leaked in full ;)

Say NO to contemporizing MJ's music. They completely RUINED perfectly good songs on Xscape by doing that.

With that said, I want to see the following released:

* Hot In The Summer Time
* Throwing Your Life Away
* Lovely Way
* People Of The World- I know it's not completely finished, but I think with the right artists, this could be a good anthem to release. Just say no to the likes of Bieber, Cyrus and Taylor Swift, or any other bubble gum P.O.S. Only veteran superstars who have a thing called talent.

The next album I wish would be songs MJ was working on in his later years 06 -09

The Will I Am tracks, the Red Ones tracks, the Michael Prince and Brad Buxer tracks from 09, The classical pieces MJ was working on (according to Joe Vogels book demos of these exist).

I had a thread going when the album just came out and La reid was taking questions on twitter for promotion but nobody was interested in asking the question of what was considered for the album because it would 'ruin the surprise' now I bet you all wish you did it.

I had a thread going when the album just came out and La reid was taking questions on twitter for promotion but nobody was interested in asking the question of what was considered for the album because it would 'ruin the surprise' now I bet you all wish you did it.
If i had twitter i would ask him now. I would be very thankful if you could do that ;) I read the thread when it was too late...

If i had twitter i would ask him now. I would be very thankful if you could do that ;) I read the thread when it was too late...

Hello, I did tweet him but he didn't respond because I would be one person out of the tons constantly @Ing him which is why i proposed we all did it to increase the chances he would respond. I'll try again now see what happens.

I think Serious Effect and If You Don't Love Me (and maybe even Days In Gloucestershire) are too repetitive to be on the next record.

The tracks from 2005-2009, Red One Song's/Brad Buxer Song's/Michael Prince Song's/Neff-U Song's/Will.I.Am Song's, solo productions, early vocal recording's, home demo's etc.! that should be how the final album is set up.. other albums should be earlier song's from 1978-2004!

Last edited:
They completely RUINED perfectly good songs on Xscape by doing that.

Opinions!

Also, buy the Deluxe Edition with Original versions. LNFSG would NEVER be such hit if Timbaland didn't contemporized it! Fact.

Will I Am tracks would be amazing to be in the next album, but i believe it is very dificult

It's all about the money. Everything is possible and everything will be released eventually.

Will I Am tracks would be amazing to be in the next album, but i believe it is very dificult
will.i.am wanted to release the song "I'm Dreaming" on his album #willpower in 2013 but the estate didn't allow it...

He said he has no idea if the song will be released in the future and we will see what happens with it.

The tracks from 2005-2009, Red One Song's/Brad Buxer Song's/Michael Prince Song's/Neff-U Song's/Will.I.Am Song's, solo productions, early vocal recording's, home demo's etc.! that should be how the final album is set up.. other albums should be earlier song's from 1978-2004!
We all know Will's opionion and Neff-U worked on "Michael" so i guess he's not against releasing his music.

But what about Red One and the others? Did they say something about their songs and future projects? ;)

We all know Will's opionion and Neff-U worked on "Michael" so i guess he's not against releasing his music.

But what about Red One and the others? Did they say something about their songs and future projects? ;)

In an interview RedOne said he wants the money earned from his tracks to be spent to charity.

In an interview RedOne said he wants the money earned from his tracks to be spent to charity.

yes, and also.. Michael prince ''discovered'' 12 hard drives featuring many hidden gems.. who knows how many are left? we can't know.. i guess we'll have to see what come's..

I would love the next album to be 10 all unheard tracks. I don't mind when from but I would love to hear at least one post trial track. Really want to hear Men In Black and Stop Throwin' Your Life Away on a studio album, I would hate amazing tracks to be on a anniversary album, like Price Of Fame, they should use songs like Free on anniversary editions. I wouldn't even mind if they just release the contemporized versions on the next album, and save the demos for a future release. (provided the new versions are done with care)

Do we know when? Before or after the "Michael" album?

I believe it was in 2011 or 2012! he posted a photo with a caption ''so many hard drives spinning and humming, new music from MJ soon will be coming'' or something along those lines.

I would love the next album to be 10 all unheard tracks. I don't mind when from but I would love to hear at least one post trial track. Really want to hear Men In Black and Stop Throwin' Your Life Away on a studio album, I would hate amazing tracks to be on a anniversary album, like Price Of Fame, they should use songs like Free on anniversary editions. I wouldn't even mind if they just release the contemporized versions on the next album, and save the demos for a future release. (provided the new versions are done with care)
I agree with the unheard songs but i'm sure they would release both versions. ;)

All leaked songs that i know are not good enough to be on the next album in my opinion...
The dangerous outtakes for instance (If You Don't Love Me, Work That Body, Serious Effect) should be released on a possible anniversary editon.

These are my 10. I would like to hope at least a few of them will be on the next album. Especially Tragedy Of A Cheerleader. That is the one unreleased song of his that I am really most curious about.

Somewhere In Time
Tragedy of a Cheerleader
Men In Black
Ekan Satyam (The One Truth)
Chicago 1945
Bottle Of Smoke
What's Your Life
California Grass
What About Us
and Hot Street

As for Hot Street. I'm hoping there is a clearer version than the one I have. That is one of my very most favorite songs that Michael did in the 80s.

Opinions!

Also, buy the Deluxe Edition with Original versions. LNFSG would NEVER be such hit if Timbaland didn't contemporized it! Fact.

I bought the deluxe edition. LNFSG is the ONLY song contemporized that is better then the demo. BTW Timbaland didn't touch that song...McClain did.

My picks:

Men in Black
I Am A Loser/I Was the Loser
Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me
That supposed cover he did of Strawberry Fields Forever (was it confirmed to exist?)
Hot Street/Slapstick
I Have This Dream (if he ever completed it that is; all that appears to have leaked is an instrumental with some backing vocals)
Serious Effect
If You Don't Love Me (I know I thanked a post above saying this and Serious Effect were repetitive, but I didn't read the post all the way through and didn't fully realize what it said until after I clicked thanks so yeah... I feel like an idiot -_-)

Back