Do you wish that Michael had done an acoustic album?

Woman in the Mirror

Proud Member
It was always my biggest wish as a fan, that's why I'm so sorry that HBO Special One Night Only never happened.
I always imagine MJ singing all his classics on a intimate show in accoustic version
What about you guys? :cheeky:

Yes, he should have done MTV Unplugged at some point. Or VH1 Storytellers.

I wish he would have done it for something different, and to show his untouchable talent !
But I can see why he didn't because he was a perfectionist and a great believer in the audience not seeing the magic and keeping a distant that keeps you mysterious, when it comes to performing.

This acoustic demo version of She's Out My Life makes me wish he had done something similar in his concerts or being accompanied with a large symphonic orchestra.

Was One Night Only supposed to be an acoustic show? If so then OMG... will always want but can never have. :cry: I wish he could've been on MTV Unplugged, too. His voice would've been amazing. :wub:

Yes for the love of god yes!!

He should have MOST DEFINITELY did an MTV Unplugged episode...

First of all it would've easily been the most viewed episode without a doubt..

Imagine him singing Billie Jean with only an acoustic guitar, live on stage..

Or Childhood, or SOOML, SIM, Who Is It, LIML, Liberian Girl, TWYMMF, SPYHO, and the list of potentially perfect live vocal performances goes on and on and on...

We can dream I suppose...

Or maybe one day someone will get their hands on some of the acappella tracks and create an acoustic version/remix..

People were impressed by him doing a little bit of Who Is It with beatboxing on Oprah. Imagine how much he could have impressed in a full acoustic show! His acoustic demos are wonderful. And many people never saw that side of him which is a pity. Some J5 performances come close to an unplugged type of show.

Unplugged set list:

The Way You Make Me Feel (slow version)
Who Is It
Billie Jean
Rock With You
She's Out Of My Life
They Don't Care About Us
Speechless
Smooth Criminal
Beat It
Earth Song
Will You Be There
Bad
I'll Be There
Dirty Diana
Stranger In Moscow
Man In The Mirror

In my head I can hear exactly how these versions would sound.

His Motown solo work would be great for this kind of thing

Yeah, I agree some Jacksons' performances are closer to an unplugged format.

Also I've seen in many unplugged concerts besides having acoustic guitars, there are musicians playing orchestra instruments such as cellos, flutes, pianos, violins etc. Check out this Billie Jean arrangement for cellos, isn't it awesome?

I don't wish it but If he had done it I would have really appreciate. He had such a beautiful And I love earing all the accapella songs, his voice is just a pure pleasure for my ears. The intro of I just can't stop loving you is flawless:woohoo:. It would have been really nice but I don't think that is what people majortity waited from him.

Back