Join MJJC For Thriller Night 2014! [Schedule of Events and Theatre Information]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyce

Guests

thriller-night-final-75pct.jpg

View the schedule of events here // Watch our feature films here

Looking for something fun to do this Halloween? Join MJJC staff and other fans in our brand new chat room for a night of thrills, chills and laughs!

Movies: Halloween just isn't Halloween without a little Thriller. For your pleasure, MJJC will be streaming the Thriller short film, as well as the making of Thriller along with the Ghosts short film and making of Ghosts. And for those who love a good Halloween scare, MJJC will be streaming some classic (and we mean classic) Hollywood frights!: the original 1931 film 'Dracula' starring Bela Lugosi and 1922's 'Nosferatu'.

Costumes: If you have a camera and you are daring enough to get on camera- we would love to see you in full costume!

Karaoke: If you enjoy singing, then perhaps you'll dare take a stab at some karaoke! For those truly adventurous types... you might even be willing to try kamikaze karaoke!

Live Music: We have a couple different music options for you- you can either listen to our live DJ spin, or you can listen to MJJC Radio- all Michael, all the time!

Live Streaming Audio & Video Chat: Do you find it easier to interact with people through video or audio chat? Our new software allows you to do just that. We've had it installed for a few weeks now and has become a huge hit amongst the MJJCommunity. Of course, this is totally optional and not required to use our chat room. If you don't want to be heard or seen, you can still use the chat the old-fashioned way... by typing!

The movies and chat will be available starting Wednesday October 29, 2014 and continuing on through Halloween night, ending November 1, 2014. The main event, however, with live music and costumes will be taking place on October 31, starting at about 12:00PM PST (California)/3PM EST (New York)/8PM GMT (London).

To join, you must be a registered member of the MJFam. To sign up, simply visit MJJCommunity.com and click on "Sign Up" in the upper-right corner of the page (or click here). If you need help signing up, please refer to our "How To Sign Up For The MJFam" documentation.

For more news and updates, please follow MJJC on Facebook and Twitter.

Hope to see you on Thriller Night!

Last edited:
Re: Join MJJC For Thriller Night 2014!

^^Spyce Aww I love the way you plan activities for the community. I would be in Vegas for Halloween living it up and acting like a teenager, so I will send happy thoughts to you guys.

Oh. How fun. I'll wear my Halloween costume even if no one can see me!! I can come the day before.
Halloween night I'll be blasting Thriller out on my boom box and giving out candy. Kids loved that the last couple years.

Barbee You can show the costume on the chat. I am going to wear my usual Witch costume, because all you need is a black dress & hat, silvery ballet slippers, and a long drink in your hand.

Really? I wore a witch costume last year. I was a scarecrow the year before. I even could make a Michael costume. I have a lot of fedoras and military jackets from my work clothes. Ha.

Sounds like fun. I'll be at work when it starts :bored2: so I'll have to be a late entry.

Sounds like fun. I'll be at work when it starts :bored2: so I'll have to be a late entry.

That's okay Sarah- better late than never, right? I'll be working that night, so I'll be late, myself.

At least I won't be the only one. Sucks being in my time zone, makes me late for everything....:)

Where do you live?

PS: I *love* the new "club member badges! Looks awesome :)

^^Spyce Aww I love the way you plan activities for the community. I would be in Vegas for Halloween living it up and acting like a teenager, so I will send happy thoughts to you guys.

I have partying in Vegas on my Bucket List, lol! Gotta make that happen, especially since I now have a friend that lives there. :party:

Where do you live?

PS: I *love* the new "club member badges! Looks awesome :)

Pacific Coast. We''re the last ones to celebrate New Year's too.....
I like the badges too. Bit of a surprise when I logged in, but their very nice.

^^Spyce Aww I love the way you plan activities for the community.I would be in Vegas for Halloween living it up and acting like a teenager, so I will send happy thoughts to you guys.

Aww! I can't believe I totally missed your post, Petra! I only just say it now in Sheila's post, :lol: Thank you, but it's not all me. Everyone has a hand in this and we do it because we love you all and we just want everyone to come together and have a good time! :)

I have partying in Vegas on my Bucket List, lol! Gotta make that happen, especially since I now have a friend that lives there. :party:

Do it. I start partying early!!!! I wake up about 10 am then go to church for 45 mins and thank God for making me on Halloween. Then I walk down the strip and get my first long drink--you know those you have to carry on a strap? Yeah!!! During the day I shop, eat, drink and then run back to the hotel to rest late in the evening so I can change and go back out and hang out in the club. One year I almost got a fit because I almost over slept. You should have seen me jumping out of bed like a maniac to rush back outside!! I hope you guys have as much fun on the chat that night.

Join MJJC For Thriller Night 2014!

[SUB]MJJC Thriller Night 2014 Schedule of Events[/SUB]

thriller-night-newsbanner2.png

Catch a flick in the all new Theatre // Connect with us here // New to the MJFam? Join the MJFam NOW here!​

Wednesday October 29, 2014
Join MJJC Staff and others from the community at MJFam NOW, MJJC's brand new chat room. Catch up with old friends or hit it off with new ones, the choice is yours! And if you aren't too scared... you can always join us on camera for video chats! If, however, video is not your thing, you can always participate the old-school way!

Thursday October 30, 2014
This day will run pretty much the same as October 29th, being mainly an opportunity to use the chat, but MJJC will also be showing two films- 1931's Dracula, starring Bela Lugosi, and 1922's Nosferatu. Each movie will have its own room for those who might want to chat while watching.

Friday October 31, 2014
This is the day of all days and the night of all nights... Thriller Night! In the all new Theatre, MJJC will be showing two additional videos in keeping with the "Thriller" spirit. An American Wereworlf in London, directed by John Landis who also directed the short film, Thriller. We will also be showing House of Wax, starring Vincent Price, who performed the "rap" in Thriller. We will also stream both Ghosts and the Making of Ghosts, as well as Thriller and The Making of Thriller. The previous two films, Dracula and Nosferatu, will still be available to watch, and all movies and short films will be in their own rooms. These are available all day so grab your soda, candy and popcorn and stop on in whenever you would like!

Then, the real fun begins!

>> Social Hour, 8PM-9PM CET:
(Time differences: 11AM-12PM PST, 2PM-3PM EST, 7PM-8PM GMT)
Enter, if you dare! Get in the Halloween mood with chatting and Halloween theme music. Make new friends or catch up with old ones... and get yourself ready for the night of fun, thrills and chills that lies ahead! We would also love to see you in costume, should you decide to dress up!

>> Thriller Quiz Hour, 9PM-10PM CET:
(Time differences: 12PM-1PM PST, 3PM-4PM EST, 8PM-9PM GMT)
Come test your MJ and Thriller knowledge! The winner, if a forum member, receives a special badge to show off! If you're not a forum member, sign up today so you can show the world just what a "Killer Thriller" you are! ;)

>> Karaoke Hour 10PM-12AM CET:
(Time differences: 1PM-3PM PST, 4PM-6PM EST, 9PM-11PM GMT)
Aaaow! Shamone! Let loose and have a little fun during MJJC karaoke hour! (Well, it will actually be 2 hours... ;)). Don't be scared... take a stab at your favorite MJ songs, Halloween songs or any songs, really. To participate, you will need at least to have a microphone so we can hear you. A web cam would be better so we can also see you, but that is up to you!

>> Thriller Night After-Party 12AM to ?? CET:

(Time differences: 3PM-?? PST, 6PM-?? EST, 11PM-?? CET)
Still not tired? Stick around after all the major events and continue chatting with your MJFamily until you fall asleep. If you're old enough, perhaps you might want to reminisce on the days when Thriller first came out. If you're younger, perhaps you might want to talk about what "Thriller" means to you. Or, really, you can talk about whatever you like. It doesn't have to be Thriller-related. This is just the time to calm down from all the fun and excitement. If it's late where you are, this is the perfect time to watch any of the films MJJC will be showing ;) After all, it isn't really Halloween unless you've been frightened!

Last edited:

I have Michael's halloween flowers:

DSC_01061_zps843af7d3.jpg

DSC_01051_zps91f65d7d.jpg

Wishing everyone celebrating Halloween, here with us or else, a good time.
Stay safe! ;)

Thanks for sharing those beautiful flowers Petra Rose

neverland-theatre.jpg

Looking for a good, classic Halloween film to get you in the mood for tomorrow? Look no further than the all new MJJC Theatre!

Currently showing: Nosferatu and Dracula

Coming 10/31/2014: Thriller, Ghosts, An American Werewolf in London and House of Wax

Visit http://mjjcommunity.com/theatre

You always send Michael the most beautiful flowers, Petra :) Mind if I ask what the card reads? I can see his name and the Forest Lawn logo, but that's about it.

Seeing as how it is now October 31 in much of the world, we would like to let everyone know that all of our feature films (and short films and documentaries) are available in the Theatre!

Now playing: An American Werewolf in London, House of Wax (1953), Thriller, Making of Thriller, Ghosts, Making of Ghosts

Happy Halloween, and don't forget to join us in the MJFam NOW chat starting at 8PM CET (11AM PST, 2PM PST, 7PM GMT) for Thriller Night! For a full schedule of events, check out http://mjjc.info/tnschedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back