Michael Jackson: Live in Brunei 1996 Blu-Ray & Live CD Petition

Zakk

Proud Member
The 20th anniversary of Michael Jackson's Legendary 2-Disc album 'HIStory: Past, Present & Future, Book I' is almost here, i have created this petition to send a message to the estate. Requesting that they release Michael's HIStoric & celebrated concert. Directed by Gavin Taylor, these shows symbolize the genius & theatrics of Michael Jackson, on stage. Now they may already have plans to release the HIStory Tour on Blu-Ray in the near future, but i would like to see them release both Brunei shows in a deluxe stand-alone set! similar to Queen's 'Live at Wembley 86' 2011 DVD release, this would include both shows on Blu-Ray including the accompanying Live CD's. If you're as passionate about this as i am, please join my campaign and sign this petition:- Do you want to see Michael Jackson's Royal & HIStory World Tour performances, in Brunei 1996? Sign THIS Petition; https://www.change.org/p/the-estate...ase-michael-jackson-live-in-brunei-96-blu-ray If anyone could help with posters and visual trailers, that would be great also! Thank you.

I hope the Blu-Ray happens. But a live CD of HIStory Tour concert? It is not really needed because most is playback.

I hope the Blu-Ray happens. But a live CD of HIStory Tour concert? It is not really needed because most is playback.

I still think it should be released as a live CD also, the sound is great!

Im all for Brunei HIStory being released on blu ray but certainly not as a live cd. And i don't believe Royal Brunei is nearly good enough performance wise to be released at all.

Im all for Brunei HIStory being released on blu ray but certainly not as a live cd. And i don't believe Royal Brunei is nearly good enough performance wise to be released at all.
I agree about that. Michael wasn't that good in the first Brunei concert. They should release another Dangerous Tour concert instead of that.

I agree about that. Michael wasn't that good in the first Brunei concert. They should release another Dangerous Tour concert instead of that.

Royal Brunei isn't a dangerous tour show, as it was performed in 1996 with a one off set list! it's part of the whole HIStory era and should be released as well as the HWT concert.

Royal Brunei isn't a dangerous tour show, as it was performed in 1996 with a one off set list! it's part of the whole HIStory era and should be released as well as the HWT concert.

I know but it still looks like DWT show. :)

I personally wouldn't encourage a HWT concert release,
The vocals were at least 75% lip-synced, and the live ad-libs were few and far between.
How about putting these energies into a Victory Tour release, or another BAD Tour release?, possibly MSG or LA???

Kieron

I personally wouldn't encourage a HWT concert release,
The vocals were at least 75% lip-synced, and the live ad-libs were few and far between.
How about putting these energies into a Victory Tour release, or another BAD Tour release?, possibly MSG or LA???

Kieron

If you don't like the HIStory tour then that is your opinion, but please do not derail this thread! the HIStory tour was all about theatrics and Dancing.. and you can see that in the production that Michael portrayed for those two hours.

But you guys know that Munich '97 was recorded by a totally different company than Brunei '96 concerts. They used different recording techniques, too.
Munich (both, 4th and 6th) btw. was recorded by 12 additional analog plus 6 digital cameras. I'm not speaking about the regular Nocturne Prod. ones but additional ones as this was meant for release.

But you guys know that Munich '97 was recorded by a totally different company than Brunei '96 concerts. They used different recording techniques, too.
Munich (both, 4th and 6th) btw. was recorded by 12 additional analog plus 6 digital cameras. I'm not speaking about the regular Nocturne Prod. ones but additional ones as this was meant for release.

I know, but both were filmed in analog HD for the most part.. who is the director of the Munich shows again?

I know, but both were filmed in analog HD for the most part.. who is the director of the Munich shows again?

Zakk, I'm shortly coming up with more info on this. I'm currently in talks with the original filming company.
They did btw. the first football (soccer) HD broadcast in '98. They were always ahead of the game in Europe.
For MJ's concerts they had two separate recording trucks to mix simultanesly outside the stadium, too.

I'm close to say that even ZDF (broadcast company in Germany) got their masters from them and not by the estate. Of course they got the broadcasting permission. But I'm sure the masters were given to them not by the estate. Meaning no upscale has been done. Upscaling to Full HD, yes, but not beining the same source compared to the 90's broadcasts. They are different sources.

I can't say too much right now as it wouldn't be accurate enough.

I think if they want to release HIStory Tour in cinemas and on Blu-Ray it should be the Munich concert. It has the best visuals and I'm sure the HD picture is better. They could release this Brunei concert as extra too if it's possible. Not likely but it would be great.

I agree that they should be the priority.

Zakk, I'm shortly coming up with more info on this. I'm currently in talks with the original filming company.
They did btw. the first football (soccer) HD broadcast in '98. They were always ahead of the game in Europe.
For MJ's concerts they had two separate recording trucks to mix simultanesly outside the stadium, too.

I'm close to say that even ZDF (broadcast company in Germany) got their masters from them and not by the estate. Of course they got the broadcasting permission. But I'm sure the masters were given to them not by the estate. Meaning no upscale has been done. Upscaling to Full HD, yes, but not beining the same source compared to the 90's broadcasts. They are different sources.

I can't say too much right now as it wouldn't be accurate enough.

That sounds fantastic, i am looking forward to your info regarding the filming process! will you have information on the Brunei filming process also? very much excited :)

I think if they want to release HIStory Tour in cinemas and on Blu-Ray it should be the Munich concert. It has the best visuals and I'm sure the HD picture is better. They could release this Brunei concert as extra too if it's possible. Not likely but it would be great.

I agree that they should be the priority.

Dude.. Brunei is HD also! just because it has a blue tint for most of the song's doesn't mean that Munich has better visuals.. just check out the original HQ VHS snippets! you can also see the blue tint in various Professional photo's from the HWT Brunei show too.

That sounds fantastic, i am looking forward to your info regarding the filming process! will you have information on the Brunei filming process also? very much excited :)

Dude.. Brunei is HD also! just because it has a blue tint for most of the song's doesn't mean that Munich has better visuals.. just check out the original HQ VHS snippets! you can also see the blue tint in various Professional photo's from the HWT Brunei show too.
The original hq snippets? Where can I find these Zakk?

The original hq snippets? Where can I find these Zakk?

They're not a direct upload from the HD Masters but they're from the authored VHS that was distributed in Brunei!

It is a brilliant show and i think it should be the show that get's released. First time i've heard the audio, and wow! that's all i can say.. WOW! Imagine it in 5.1 DTS-HD MA.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Zakk. Its a shame about the blue tint, it seems as if they didn't go full out with the lighting on this show and in parts it is very dark. Even more of a reason i say why they should mix it with both Munich shows and the Royal show, to give it an overall better look.

Thanks for that Zakk. Its a shame about the blue tint, it seems as if they didn't go full out with the lighting on this show and in parts it is very dark. Even more of a reason i say why they should mix it with both Munich shows and the Royal show, to give it an overall better look.

Yes the blue tint can be very distracting, but i don't think that was Gavin's fault! I would love it regardless, but yes.. a compilation idea is cool also! Was Leipzig filmed in HD too? the bug moment is taken from that concert.. i do think that their will be some color correcting involved, i also hope they work on the contrast, brightness, shadows and highlight levels too!

I think a compilation would definitely be the best way to go as there are different things from all three concerts that i love. The overall lighting/visuals from Munich, the energy and dancing of Brunei, Earth Song from the Royal show, BOTDF from Munich, etc.

I think a compilation would definitely be the best way to go as there are different things from all three concerts that i love. The overall lighting/visuals from Munich, the energy and dancing of Brunei, Earth Song from the Royal show, BOTDF from Munich, etc.

I must say though, nearly every song in this is it was color graded from natural - blue/red.. no one complained about that.. i think Brunei will look great on Blu-Ray, can't know for sure.. but sometimes blue tints can look great.

Back