The New L.A. Gear Originals are on the way!

Bubs

Proud Member
Seemingly LA Gear are bringing back originals, including MJ shoes:wild:

LA Gear @LAGear · Oct 18
#MichaelJackson#LaGear
B0STIGuCEAMvVVg.jpg:large

LA Gear @LAGear · Oct 19
Check out the latest L..A. Gear Originals coming soon, but in the meantime enjoy this pix from back in the day!
http://ow.ly/i/7gRbt

LA Gear retweeted
T-Raww @Tyga · Oct 20
lagear Michael Jackson redesigned by me coming soon! #LaGear http://instagram.com/p/uYiTPdqehz/

LA Gear @LAGear · Oct 20
#MichaelJackson loves @LAGear The New L.A. Gear Originals are on the way!

Btw, people behind LA Gear twitter really loves MJ. They re-tweet everything that mentions MJ or comes directly from MJ twitter:D

I saw this a few days back.. but the new versions are very distant from the originals i must say..

Finalllyyyyy!! I wanted these for a long time! I already have the Kobe Bryant MJ shoes :D

Yep these are cool. Just wish I could get a pair of Yeezy's!

That really put a smile on my face. Especially since back in 1990. When I was 10. Had a pair of MJ LA Gear high tops. I had quite the obsession for LA Gear high tops back then. I so wish I had kept them. Especially when they were my most favourite pair to wear. At least I still have a very clear memory of what they had looked like. It would be so awesome to own another pair of MJ LA Gear sneakers. And this time I will keep them for good.

Last edited:
When I was a kid, i saw some older kids in school had these on. This is like early 90s, obviously. I was like OMGGGGG I WANT.

He looks odd with them on because I never associate sneakers (especially high tops) with MJ.

michael-jackson-la-gear-4.jpg

michael_jackson_LA_gear_campaign2.jpg

la+gear+michael+jackson+%25282%2529.jpg

He looks odd with them on because I never associate sneakers (especially high tops) with MJ.

I don't think he looks odd on them but those Levi's made him look like stick insect(in a lovely way)in dark blue photo:D

These kind of jeans suited very well to Michael
LA-Gear-michael-jackson-13035504-950-1422.jpg

Were the shoes only commercialized in USA? I was 4 years old in 1990 and I don't think I ever saw them. Other question, were they successful?

I LOVE Michael's picture with the ripped jeans but I think the black shoes looked better on him. Perception, I guess.

michael-jackson-for-la-gear-01.jpg

Soo these are being released as part of Tyga's running shoe line ?

"Additionally, Tyga says he's redesigned Michael Jackson's signature shoe, the buckled leather cult classic that originally released in the early 90s. Sneakerheads and Jackson fanatics have been vocal about a retro over the years — I'm not sure a redesigned version by Tyga is what they had in mind, though"

Read more: http://solecollector.com/news/tyga-...ael-jackson-and-light-up-shoes/#ixzz3GzYABzET

Why attaching Michael's name on those sneakers if it's no longer his design? I thought they'd relaunch his shoes first, (I didn't read correctly) then I'm not interested in acquiring them.

What happened to the original design that Michael wore? did they say they would reissue those?

Hey Guys!

Some info:

1. There were different models then, it never just was THE ONE model.

2. And i'm quite sure MJ never wore any of them outside of public relations/advertising.

3. It seems the one model which will be dropping is the one with the buckles & at the moment (judging by the only picture we have & that from a somewhat awkward angle) there not seems to be that much difference from the original design from the '90s.

4. My uncle had the black pair with the buckles & bling stuff & i envied him over them.

Now it seems my time is coming to get a pair...

I hope they can sell those re-released LA Gear MJ shoes in Canada, because I wanna get 2 pairs, 1 to weare and the other as a collectors item.

Will definitely get a pair when they come out. I like hightops, having MJ on em is a huge plus :D

Were the shoes only commercialized in USA? I was 4 years old in 1990 and I don't think I ever saw them. Other question, were they successful?

I LOVE Michael's picture with the ripped jeans but I think the black shoes looked better on him. Perception, I guess.

michael-jackson-for-la-gear-01.jpg

Love Michael in this picture too.​

Last edited:
I hope they can sell those re-released LA Gear MJ shoes in Canada, because I wanna get 2 pairs, 1 to weare and the other as a collectors item.

I would want them for a collections item.

I wore white and pink LA Gear high tops back then simply because he 'endorsed' them. :girl_happy: I never had an MJ pair. And that picture of him in front of all the license plates is simply gorgeous. Makes me stop and stare.

So, does anyone know what happend to their plans of relaunching the MJ style series? I can't seem to find any up to date information. I was so looking forward to them being re-released...

Love Michael in this picture too.​

Indeed what a lovely piccie. I have the high tops like this but in BLUE. I exactly did a Summerjob for them cause they were quite expensive but I just wore them out and now I still use them as 'doorstoppers' :blush:

Would love to have NEW ones cause they are quite GOOD and STURDY to wear! :clap:I love to wear 'hightops' ;)

hope they will come out here in Australia :wild:

Back