The Estate share the full Ghosts short film on VEVO

Zakk

Proud Member
So for fans outside of the UK, it's a good day as the Michael Jackson estate have officially released Michael's legendary 1996 short film 'Ghosts' on Vevo. I am raging right now, and i would hope they release it on Blu-Ray with the making of, to please his fans in Europe.

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
Post by Michael Jackson.

Edit: Just been told it's not the full version.

Last edited:
"Ghost" .......

807993.jpeg

Not available in my country either. **** that.

It's just the 3.57 min edit, not the full short film.

That sucks its not available in the uk :( It deserves a Blu-ray release

Good thing the full version and the making of has been on YT in HQ for some time.

It might be the first time Michael Jackson facebook post about it however it's not a new release. It has been posted on MJ Youtube Vevo since October 2009 by Sony (Social media accounts of MJ is managed by Sony) . Yes with the typo of "ghost". I'm pretty sure they just posted that status update because it's Halloween soon.

so before you got all angry, relax it's just a link to an already available video.

It might be the first time Michael Jackson facebook post about it however it's not a new release. It has been posted on MJ Youtube Vevo since October 2009 by Sony (Social media accounts of MJ is managed by Sony) . Yes with the typo of "ghost". I'm pretty sure they just posted that status update because it's Halloween soon.

so before you got all angry, relax it's just a link to an already available video.

Still sucks that it's not available worldwide like all other MJ videos because MJ is worldwide artist. Also they could have fixed the typo since October 2009. It's been 5 years, how much time they need?

Still sucks that it's not available worldwide like all other MJ videos because MJ is worldwide artist. Also they could have fixed the typo since October 2009. It's been 5 years, how much time they need?

And even worse: It's not just the title but in the description, too. Which leads me thinking they really don't know it rather than being just a typo. LOL.

And even worse: It's not just the title but in the description, too. Which leads me thinking they really don't know it rather than being just a typo. LOL.

Indeed to both posts.

Five years of ignorance that can be cured with one two second Google search that no one can defend.

Ghosts_MJ.jpg

Well all of those are questions to Sony. I just wanted to clarify that it wasn't a new official release.

And they hope that this will help MJ's legacy? Wishful thinking! They should do more than just posting the vid on their MJ Facebook page... GhostS is really underrated, once again..... The Estate has more than enough money to do a promotion around Halloween!!

The Estate has more than enough money to do a promotion around Halloween!!

Epic Records is responsible for promotion, not Estate. And like Ivy said Social media accounts of MJ is managed by Sony, not by Estate. Also why would they promote 17 year old single when they can promote one of the new songs, like Slave or Blue Gangsta.

And they hope that this will help MJ's legacy? Wishful thinking! They should do more than just posting the vid on their MJ Facebook page... GhostS is really underrated, once again..... The Estate has more than enough money to do a promotion around Halloween!!

Actually, Ghosts was distributed by Kingdom Entertainment not Sony. I am sure this is why Michael's Vision Boxset did not include the full version and why it is not on Vevo or Vimeo.

It would be grand if the Estate/Sony would develop a better deal with Kingdom so that the full film can be released properly in all of its glory as it should be. (Similar to the M25 rehearsals, heehee.)

Not everything that is part of Michael's professional, musical legacy was done under Sony.

I don't see it either on MJ Vevo I'm in The United States... IDK.
I submitted a concept about this very thing October 15th here on MJJC in the MJ Online Team thread.

Actually, Ghosts was distributed by Kingdom Entertainment not Sony. I am sure this is why Michael's Vision Boxset did not include the full version and why it is not on Vevo or Vimeo.

It would be grand if the Estate/Sony would develop a better deal with Kingdom so that the full film can be released properly in all of its glory as it should be. (Similar to the M25 rehearsals, heehee.)

Not everything that is part of Michael's professional, musical legacy was done under Sony.
Kingdom IS Michael's company. >-> The Estate has a hand in that company because it's tied to MIchael.

Kingdom Entertainment also worked on the Brunei performances filmed by Gavin Taylor..

Epic Records is responsible for promotion, not Estate. And like Ivy said Social media accounts of MJ is managed by Sony, not by Estate. Also why would they promote 17 year old single when they can promote one of the new songs, like Slave or Blue Gangsta.

Well since shitty Estate isn't promoting new material from XSCAPE they could promote old songs. Sometimes it's better to keep with the old work, what the people want.

Well since shitty Estate isn't promoting new material from XSCAPE they could promote old songs. Sometimes it's better to keep with the old work, what the people want.

Especially unpublished stuff :)

"shitty Estate" WTF???

Why are you insulting them without any valid reason? I'm sick of that. Not everything that's bad in the world should be blamed on Estate. Like I said Estate is NOT responsible for promotion. Record company (Epic Records in this case) IS.

I'm sure there are a lot of people (including me) who would love to hear more new songs on the radio.

"shitty Estate" WTF???

Why are you insulting them without any valid reason? I'm sick of that. Not everything that's bad in the world should be blamed on Estate. Like I said Estate is NOT responsible for promotion. Record company (Epic Records in this case) IS.

I'm sure there are a lot of people (including me) who would love to hear more new songs on the radio.

Well, they are the one who have the power to force/convince Sony to promote more or release a third album. Are they doing anything right now? Things really have to change... because the way it goes now is not pretty good...

No hard feelings, Onir... But keep on dreaming. I'm feeling like they gave up on XSCAPE. ;)

Well, they are the one who have the power to force/convince Sony to promote more or release a third album. Are they doing anything right now? Things really have to change... because the way it goes now is not pretty good...

No hard feelings, Onir... But keep on dreaming. I'm feeling like they gave up on XSCAPE. ;)

They who? Epic Records - maybe. Estate does not have a say. They can't force them to do anything. Estate signed the contract with Sony Music allowing new MJ material to be released under Epic label. And like always (Thriller, HIStory, Invincible...) and like every other artist, it's the record company that does the promotion and that decides how large budget will one album have. Epic ****ed up this time (LA Reid), not the Estate. They don't have "power" to force/convince them to do anything. They signed a contract with them.

They who? Epic Records - maybe. Estate does not have a say. They can't force them to do anything. Estate signed the contract with Sony Music allowing new MJ material to be released under Epic label. And like always (Thriller, HIStory, Invincible...) and like every other artist, it's the record company that does the promotion and that decides how large budget will one album have. Epic ****ed up this time (LA Reid), not the Estate. They don't have "power" to force/convince them to do anything. They signed a contract with them.

And yet they should have written in the contract that they should have a thing to say. It is the Estate who has new King material, not Sony. If the Estate was smart enough they should have included in the contract they have things to say as well, concerning promotion or whatsoever.

*500th post yaaay :number_1::happy_dance::dance:*

Last edited:
And yet they should have written in the contract that they should have a thing to say. It is the Estate who has new King material, not Sony. If the Estate was smart enough they should have included in the contract they have things to say as well, concerning promotion or whatsoever.

*500th post yaaay :number_1::happy_dance::dance:*

Yeah, that would be in the ideal world. But don't forget that a lot of times Michael himself didn't have a say in promotion. He had to pay himself filming of Thriller music video, Ghosts film and some other projects. Don't forget Invincible - the whole thing with Sony started when MJ saw their promotion plan for the album. Don't forget that while MJ was alive Sony didn't always release as many singles as he wanted (Smile, On The Line...) in every country that he wanted or even the singles that he wanted (Unbreakable). That is how music industry works. I agree that after 2017 Estate should look for some other record company to see how things work there or give an ultimatum to Sony to change things when it comes to promotion drastically.

Back