X factor theme queen vs michael jackson special

Paris78

Proud Member
Donations
$240.00
http://www.itv.com/xfactor/queen-versus-michael-jackson

medium_UYjf-gVSn-3ZmzjGv7jFr6iBJKaok_FZKdnt6JIk9a0.jpg

Just as we were about to dust off our glitterballs and get in the party mood, the powers that be (i.e the four Judges and the Producers) called a last minute meeting very late last night, and decided to swap the theme from Disco Fever to Queen versus Michael Jackson... oooooh we love a bit of Glam Rock versus the King of Pop.

So who out of the final nine will go for a bit of scaramoosh and who will be moonwalking off stage out of the competition?

All will be revealed on The X Factor this Saturday at 8pm on ITV

Fantastic news :) very excited to see this..

Andrea Faustini should either perform 'The Way You Make Me Feel' or 'Bohemian Rhapsody'!!

Is X Factor still super popular in the UK? From this, it looks like it is. It didn't last too long here (US) Just too many singing/dancing contest shows I think. We have a tendency in the US to saturate the market when we find a good thing.
I wish these so called "reality shows" would go instead of the entertainment shows, though!!!!

PS And I don't remember seeing any cool themes like this on the US version, either!!

Last edited:
Maybe TMBMTLTT will be performed - would be nice.

All these shows help keep MJ's Legacy alive - and there can be no song contest without MJ music. :)

I had to watch this show 2 weeks in a row now. Traumatised isnt the word....

That guy is putting everyone to shame, great voice.

I couldn't agree more, he'd actually do those two song's justice! i hope Melanie gives him the correct song choice. Paul is good also though!

I thought the dancing was ok. The singing not so much.

I'm in favor of tributes but it's also true both Michael and Freddie put such high standards in their performances that not many people can make them justice. There will be contestants butchering the songs, I'm sure.

I'm not a big fan of these glorified karaoke shows myself but they're a good way to introduce Michael's music to a new (young) public. I remember when I was about 12 years old and the first Idols season came out, I heard a lot of songs that I didn't know before even though they were massive hits in the past. Then I looked up the originals and liked them even more :) The more people hear Michael's music, the better. I just hope the contestants do his songs justice! Like this guy, who got me listening to Billie Jean on repeat over a decade ago:

[youtube]nbRv3drpS94[/youtube]

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of these glorified karaoke shows myself but they're a good way to introduce Michael's music to a new (young) public. I remember when I was about 12 years old and the first Idols season came out, I heard a lot of songs that I didn't know before even though they were massive hits in the past. Then I looked up the originals and liked them even more :) The more people hear Michael's music, the better. I just hope the contestants do his songs justice! Like this guy, who got me listening to Billie Jean on repeat over a decade ago:

[youtube]nbRv3drpS94[/youtube]
I just watched this and I agree with you 200 percent. I had a fight back in the day with a friend who was a total purist and said why should people buy covers like Linda Ronstadt doing Billie Holiday when Billie herself was the definitive version.
I'd say that's how kids today will discover those artists they never heard of.
And that's the reason I'm all for these contemporized versions of songs. For every kid that hears and buys LNFSG they might end up with a copy of Off The Wall!!!

Desperate 1D wannabes butchering MJ. No thanks.

Yeah, let's ignore Michael and no-one ever gets to enjoy his music!!

Get over yourselves. I butcher MJ songs all the time, in the shower & in the car.

Even if someone does a bad job, it's forgotten about ten minutes later.

Lighten up.

Well, I became allerted about Michael Jackson 23+ years ago because I saw a look-a-like perform Billie Jean on the German Rudi Carell Show. Before I didn't know anything about Michael and thanx to that show I recognized Michael's name when Dangerous was advertized on the TV and the rest is HIStory. It completely changed my life.

Needless to say that I'm all for tributes!

Yeah, let's ignore Michael and no-one ever gets to enjoy his music!!

Get over yourselves. I butcher MJ songs all the time, in the shower & in the car.

Even if someone does a bad job, it's forgotten about ten minutes later.

Lighten up.

Amen! Some people need to really get over it haha.

I was surprised at how badly Fleur sang this past week.. she's been doing great as of late, she should sing a ballad.

It's great that they are doing a MJ themed week on the X Factor. Its a chance for the young generation who may not be to familiar with MJ.
Hope they use LNFSG on there might just bring it back to top end of the iTunes charts again ready for an Xmas for more sales of Xscape :)

It's great that they are doing a MJ themed week on the X Factor. Its a chance for the young generation who may not be to familiar with MJ.
Hope they use LNFSG on there might just bring it back to top end of the iTunes charts again ready for an Xmas for more sales of Xscape :)

Someone will definitely perform 'Bohemian Rhapsody' & 'Billie Jean' i'm just worried that they'll be completely butchered.. :(

So what if someone butchers the song? Nobody goes on stage with the intention to butcher a song, sometime it just doesn't work. Big deal. Not to mention to some it may be butchered, to others it may be a great performance. People have different tastes.

It can't harm MJ or his legacy - on the contrary, it gives more exposure.

For example, the other day Lady Gaga covered "What's Up" by 4-Non-Blondes and I thought it was pretty bad, yet I saw so many comments about how perfect it was and so on. So, different strokes for different folks.

I've butchered songs from Michael and Queen in the shower as well but the huge difference is that I don't parade myself in public to do it. Those kind of programs are good to give exposure and publicity but it makes me cringe watching some contestants murdering the songs. Queen has tried putting Paul Rogers and Adam Lambert as vocalist but no one performs with such passion and perfection like Freddie did. Most of those newbies don't have what it takes to make the tracks justice.

I've butchered songs from Michael and Queen in the shower as well but the huge difference is that I don't parade myself in public to do it. Those kind of programs are good to give exposure and publicity but it makes me cringe watching some contestants murdering the songs. Queen has tried putting Paul Rogers and Adam Lambert as vocalist but no one performs with such passion and perfection like Freddie did. Most of those newbies don't have what it takes to make the tracks justice.
I got to see Queen with Adam Lambert this summer (first concert in probably 25 years, first ever rock concert) and I thought Adam was really good-the audience loved him. Now, there's no comparison to Freddie, but I liked that he didn't try to be. He did his own "glam thing" and now people will look up and buy the original recordings, I think.

To each their own on tastes, it seems. I personally don't like Adam Lambert as a singer.

Anyway, the last time I remember an X-Factor contestant made Michael justice was Melanie Amaro.

I hate the musical arrengement but her voice is great.

For Man In The Mirror the arrengement was better.

Back