Back catelog being released in HD?

rsggamer123

Proud Member
What are the chances of his back catalog being released in HD (blu ray) audio in the near future?

I downloaded the HD tracks versions of the XSCAPE album some time ago and absolutely love the quality of the sound. It would be absolutely mind blowing to hear his back catelog in this quality. Songs like Billie Jean, Give Into Me, Smooth Criminal, Blood On The Dance Floor, the list goes on and on..just thinking about it gets me so excited (okay that sounded wrong). His music deserves to be heard in the absolute best quality available but will this ever happen? And if so when!?

Queen's a night at the opera has been released on Blu-Ray pure audio disc, i think the estate and sony should follow the same path.. but take the original recording's from the studio masters! i hate how some portions of Michael's song's were cut on the album releases.. they should start off with the Motown series.. (Got To Be There - Farewell My Summer Love) & then release the 'Legacy' series.. (Off The Wall - Invincible) shouldn't be too difficult, considering they work with his multitracks all the time anyway.

Re: Back catalog being released in HD?

These types of audiophile sound formats have never really caught on with the general public like quadradisc, half speed masters, DAT tape, SACD, DVD audio, gold plated CDs, etc. A lot of people today have grown up with MP3s and Ipods, so they won't care about a blu-ray audio disc. They mainly only make a difference if you have a high quality stereo system, not listening to something through ear buds or little computer speakers

Back