A Place With No Name Music Video

RockOrBluesInNorway

Proud Member
First of all, I don't know if this is the right section to post this, so if it's wrong. Now over to what this is about...

I've spent the past few days making this "Music Video" of A Place With No Name, using a lot of different concerts, music videos, clips, snippets, and more. and I think it turned out grate and wanted to share it with you guys. Tell me what you think :)

UPDATED VIDEO:

Last edited:
I liked it. Especially at the end when "he took his wallet out and he looked at the pictures of his family and girl" and you had black and white real photos. Liked that a lot.

Only constructive criticism here-is that Katherine's picture flashes right at "girl". I'd still try to flash Katherine in the family photos (maybe right after Joe and before the kids sleeping, but I'd put a black and white photo of somebody like Stephanie Mills or even Ola Ray (because she looks like the sweet, innocent girl next door in the 50's part of Thriller-not a threatening man killer like Naomi and Tatiana do) Just a suggestion.

Otherwise, very good!! His steps match right up to the song in all the musical routines too.

That was a fantastic video! Couple small critiques:
-It would've been nice had the videos stayed in one aspect ratio (16x9 or 4x3). For future reference,stick to just one aspect ratio.
-It was awkward having the black portions about three minutes in during the third verse. You could've included the Earth Song This Is It vignette in that segment (when he talks about the grass & trees).
-With that small clip of Michael kissing Tatiana from the Bad New York concert,you could've cropped out the title that was there saying where it was. It was strange seeing that there.
Otherwise,your editing was on point and you did a great job!

Good idea about the grass and trees. I was picturing something like the scene in Moonwalker where he's playing ball on the grass with the kids there.

Brilliant ! Really enjoyed the short film. You captured the energy of the song with the footage you used, perfectly. Great job. Thanks for uploading.

Good idea about the grass and trees. I was picturing something like the scene in Moonwalker where he's playing ball on the grass with the kids there.
I thought about that too after I wrote my comment actually. :p Great minds think alike,eh? Lol.

for the aspect ratio part, I had to manually size the videos to make them fit.
for the cropping part, I tried it actually, and since the quality of the clip isn't that good to begin with, cropping it and then make it fit with the screen again would've ended with it looking pixelatet and not watchable at all.

and man, I wish I had thought of that earth song part, I remember I had some trouble figuring out what to do there, so I just contiuned and, I think I just forgot and left it like it was, I realize now that it wasn't such a good idea :p

But thank you! I'm happy you enjoyed it!

That was a fantastic video! Couple small critiques:
-It would've been nice had the videos stayed in one aspect ratio (16x9 or 4x3). For future reference,stick to just one aspect ratio.
-It was awkward having the black portions about three minutes in during the third verse. You could've included the Earth Song This Is It vignette in that segment (when he talks about the grass & trees).
-With that small clip of Michael kissing Tatiana from the Bad New York concert,you could've cropped out the title that was there saying where it was. It was strange seeing that there.
Otherwise,your editing was on point and you did a great job!

Updated the video, if you wanna watch it, I've updated the link above.

I liked it. Especially at the end when "he took his wallet out and he looked at the pictures of his family and girl" and you had black and white real photos. Liked that a lot.

Only constructive criticism here-is that Katherine's picture flashes right at "girl". I'd still try to flash Katherine in the family photos (maybe right after Joe and before the kids sleeping, but I'd put a black and white photo of somebody like Stephanie Mills or even Ola Ray (because she looks like the sweet, innocent girl next door in the 50's part of Thriller-not a threatening man killer like Naomi and Tatiana do) Just a suggestion.

Otherwise, very good!! His steps match right up to the song in all the musical routines too.

Updated the video, if you wanna watch it, I've updated the link above.

Wow!!! I just watched it again and love the changes. Excellent job. I forgot to tell you that I really like how you sync the part with the lyric "she looks down in my eyes" with what he's doing. Also the "reach in my pocket" with the comb being jammed in the pocket part of "Billie Jean ".
I watched it on you tube last nite and I usually do that anonymously. But I'll have to go sign on tonight and make a comment!! Good job!

Wow!!! I just watched it again and love the changes. Excellent job. I forgot to tell you that I really like how you sync the part with the lyric "she looks down in my eyes" with what he's doing. Also the "reach in my pocket" with the comb being jammed in the pocket part of "Billie Jean ".
I watched it on you tube last nite and I usually do that anonymously. But I'll have to go sign on tonight and make a comment!! Good job!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that!

Back