Michael Jackson sweating in Bad Tour should be seen in theaters.

AtlasAir

Proud Member
Or Victory tour.

Look, Bad Tour is the only show I recall seeing beads of sweat fling everywhere. Not that he isn't sweating in Dangerous and History, obviously, but maybe its the way the lighting and camera hits him or something, but Bad tour was some awesome, gratuitous sweating.

tumblr_m2j1xcswu51r83lm5o4_250.gif

You barely see sweat in Wembley because of the shit quality. Yokohama is where its at with the sweating. To see the guy working the hell out of a show for 2 hours with only a short costume change break.

All these up and comers should watching Yokohama and Wembley as a guide of how to perform. Not to copy, but just to see how much energy and fun they should be having and to put your blood, sweat, and tears into performing.

There's something cool about seeing pop stars break a huge sweat.

Anyway, an HD show or even Yokohama in theaters seen by a big audience would be something great. He worked his ass off on that tour.

I dunno why I'm hung up on sweat all of a sudden, but seriously. Watch Yokohama again. I love when his hair is all stuck to his face during Heartbreak Hotel :D

11396351.png

/random rant.

On a slightly unrelated topic, I also enjoy watching Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails sweat profusely every time he performs, but that's for other reasons.
I mean, dude is drenched 2 songs into a set and will only leave the stage halfway to change his shirt.

tumblr_nd3iwjapQY1qdl5f4o1_500.png

tumblr_nd3iu3STRM1qdl5f4o1_500.jpg

Ha!! I'm the same way watching these 2 Bad Tour concerts. He's absolutely drenched and he's gorgeous. Every curl is wet.
No wonder he'd lose 20 Lbs a concert and a waist size or two. I was not surprised at all when I read that.

Last edited:
I agree with you Atlas, i don't care if it's a montage concert.. Michael looked/performed & sounded so FINE during this Tour.. it was his greatest performing years of all time, and to see High res scans from the negatives would be a dream come true! there's a lot of money to be made by the estate & sony

There's a thread about his package here, too.
Yeah, I know. A little weird/crude for me.
BUT if there's a thread for 1)his eyes/eyelashes 2)his mouth 3)his hip bones, cheekbones, or even wrist bones or 4)gorgeous sexy drenched curls, then I'm there.

Ha!! I'm the same way watching these 2 Bad Tour concerts. He's absolutely drenched and he's gorgeous. Every curl is wet.
No wonder he'd lose 20 Lbs a concert and a waist size or two. I was not surprised at all when I read that.

I think him losing 20lbs a concert was an exaggeration

Ha-I'm sure it was. He'd have to be eating everything in sight to put the weight back on for the next concert and some of them weren't even a day apart.
I did hear Michael Bush say they had to make smaller in the waist pants for the second part of the show, so I don't know how much weight that would be. But that could have been an exaggeration too.

For sure, because he would have died losing that much weight so consistently and rapidly. Maybe if he was 300 lbs or more it would have been beneficial, LMFAO!

I saw him live (pre-BAD tours). He always sweated like that. Those lights are hot, plus he always gave his all and then some while performing. :)

Yes, if it could be remastered in HD on IMAX 3D. :ph34r:

Universal scan their films at 3x the resolution of the original negatives! which is around 16k.. IMAX is only truly possible from 65mm IMAX camera's! unless if they blew the picture up to IMAX size.. i would hate it in 3D though

Ohh i love the Yokohama tour! He's so sexy and HOT! It's unreal.. he's like SEX ON LEGS!!! :bow:

Don't you agree? :D

Ha-I'm sure it was. He'd have to be eating everything in sight to put the weight back on for the next concert and some of them weren't even a day apart.
I did hear Michael Bush say they had to make smaller in the waist pants for the second part of the show, so I don't know how much weight that would be. But that could have been an exaggeration too.

And Michael wasn't a very big eater anyway. So I can't imagine him stuffing his face trying to put weight back on

I died laughing at this...but I'm with you. Hahahaha. Back in the day on MJNO there were endless bizarre (and wonderful) threads on the weirdest details. That's the type of thing that emerges when you've been thinking about/talking about someone forever, I guess.

:rofl: :lol:
i support any and all sweat in HD.

This will be Sony's next venture. Michael: Sweating in HD.

On a more serious note, I feel incredibly lucky that film exists every time I watch footage from the Bad Tour. The performances are nothing short of legendary. I mean, all of it is, but I lose the power of speech every time I try to describe it. Everything but "magic" seems to fall short.

Aintree 1988 should be released, or maybe a compilation concert of Europe 1988? it's been disclosed from several sources that the Liverpool show was shot in full on film! it would be nice to see some leniency though, although i would adore to see the visuals for the Mersey inspired Bad Groove ''Interlude''...

I'd be down for Liverpool, I'd really kill for Kansas City 1988. There is something extra special about that concert, he voice was so on spot that night. Just really crisp, clear, and strong. Pure magic!

I think Michael wasn't satisfied with the audio at this concert, but personally even if the tracks only exist on mono then i'd be okay with that! they can always restore it, like the beatles did with their Blu-Ray of 'The Magical Mystery Tour'...

Can we all just agree that anything from 1988 or 1989 would be great?

analogue;4068590 said:
Can we all just agree that anything from 1988 or 1989 would be great?

Indeed, i hope.. if it does come then they will include the song's that were only performed on the 87' leg as bonus features.. as directed by Will Pecchi..

''Pecky,
I very seldom write letters. But in this moving occasion I couldn’t help myself.

I want to thank you for putting the effort forward to capture the magic and excitement of the people of the world. What you do is a very personal and powerful medium to me. It is the art of stopping time, to preserve a moment that the naked eye cannot hold, to capture truth, spontaneous truth, the depths of excitement in human spirit. All else will be forgotten but not the films.

Generations from now will experience the excitement you’ve captured. It truly is a time capsule. I will not be totally satisfied until I know you’re at the right angle at the right time, to capture a crescendo of emotion that happens so quickly, so spontaneously. What you have done was good, but I want the best, the whole picture, cause and effect. I want crowd reaction, wide lens shots, depths of emotion, timing. I know we can do it.

It is my dream and goal to capture truth. We should dedicate ourselves to this. The person who makes a success of living, is the one who sees his goal steadily and aims for it unswervingly. That is dedication. There is no other way to perfection than dedication perseverance. Just tell us what you need to make it happen. Take the leadership to direct the other camera men. I enjoy working with you that is why I asked you to come, you have a gentle spirit that’s very likable.

Maybe I look at the world through rose colored glasses but I love people all over the world. That is why stories of racism really disturb me. You hurt my heart and soul when you told me of your boyhood in Texas. Because in truth I believe ALL men are created equal, I was taught that and will always believe it. I just can’t conceive of how a person could hate another because of skin color. I love every race on the planet earth. Prejudice is the child of ignorance. Naked we come into the world and naked we shall go out. And a very good thing too, for it reminds me that I am naked under my shirt, whatever its color.

I’m sorry to bring up such past issues, but in the car I was hurt by what you said. I’m so happy though that you managed to overcome your childhood past. Thank God that you’ve graduated from such beliefs of ignorance. I’m glad I’ve never experienced such things. Teach your kids to love all people equally. I know you will.

I speak from my heart saying I love you and all people especially the children. I’m glad God chose me and you.

Love M.J.''

Last edited:
Back