Band Aid 30: Maybe includes a little echo of Michael? (Heal the World)

myosotis

Proud Member
I was reading about the new Band Aid charity single in aid of relief for Ebola in West Africa. I was looking at the reported new lyrics, and there seems to be an echo of Michael in the last line. I don't know if these lyrics are confirmed...but it would be nice to have a little echo of Michael in this, as I am sure he would have wanted to help.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new version of 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' will be recorded and produced under the guidance of Paul Epworth today, and will be available to download from 8am on Monday, November 17.

The accompanying music video will be shot and edited over the next 24 hours, before receiving its official premiere during the X Factor result show on ITV at 8pm tomorrow night (November 16).

The new lyrics for 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' are as follows:

It's Christmas time, and there's no need to be afraid
At Christmas time, we let in light and banish shade
And in our world of plenty, we can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world
At Christmas time

But say a prayer, pray for the other ones
At Christmas time, it's hard but while you're having fun
There's a world outside your window, and it's a world of dread and fear
Where a kiss of love can kill you, and there's death in every tear
And the Christmas bells that ring there are the clanging chimes of doom
Well tonight we're reaching out and touching you

No peace and joy this Christmas in West Africa
The only hope they'll have is being alive
Where to comfort is to fear
Where to touch is to be scared
How can they know it's Christmas time at all

Here's to you
Raise a glass to everyone
And here's to them
And all their years to come
Let them know it's Christmas time after all

Feed the world, let them know it's Christmas time again
Feel the world, let them know it's Christmas time again
Heal the world, let them know it's Christmas time again

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/n...-they-know-its-christmas.html#~oVMuYSsTFviOXx

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30061576

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/idfOzlZUj][/URL]

Last edited:
Not a fan of re-recording classics like this. Why not make a brand new song instead?

It was re-created to assist with the healing of Ebola, very upsetting video footage at the beginning! It would have never featured Michael's echo, as Band Aid was the British version of WATW! i enjoyed the song, Bono & Ed Sheeran sang the best parts

It was re-created to assist with the healing of Ebola, very upsetting video footage at the beginning! It would have never featured Michael's echo, as Band Aid was the British version of WATW! i enjoyed the song, Bono & Ed Sheeran sang the best parts

We Are the World was the American version of Band Aid.

I was only talking about the lyrics 'echoing' Michaels words, not the voice recording.

Must say - the new version is crap.

I love the idea of making money for charity - but please be a little creative. - Write a new song...

It's too boring and too easy to just do the same song again with some new people...

I hope next time it will be more creative.

I love the idea of making money for charity - but please be a little creative. - Write a new song...

It's too boring and too easy to just do the same song again with some new people...

When you compare the new version to the 80's version you can see how much mainstream music has declined in quality. Same thing happened with ''We Are The World 25''

Yes, I don't know what's the point in remaking old charity songs like WATW or Do They Know... Can't they write new charity songs any more?

When you compare the new version to the 80's version you can see how much mainstream music has declined in quality. Same thing happened with ''We Are The World 25''
. Couldn't agree with you more. It's almost a shock when you hear the 2 versions and I don't think I'm speaking from nostalgia. So many of the original people were involved in the new one and I was looking forward to it. But the difference in quality was shocking.

I didn't know until I looked it up but lots of countries were involved with the aid to Africa project in 85. For example Canada and Norway got their own big stars together and wrote their own charity singles. I thought that was cool. I was only familiar with the US and UK songs.

Last edited:
I agree. - WATW25 is the worst example. - It's aweful....

I love the idea of making charity songs - but be original please - not rerelase old succes - make new great songs please.

Music nowadays really need MJ. - He was a gifted songwriter.

Estate could maybe release What More Can I give - give it a proper release. - It deserves to be heard, no one really know the song exists... :(

Back