Bad tour - Red & Black tops?

SkyWalk

Proud Member
I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I'll ask it agian.

Michael wore the black top on the first show of the Bad tour so when did the red top and silver top come into play?

Was it just Michael experimenting which top looks better and makes him stand out to the crowd - I'm guessing that's why he stuck with the silver top cos' he stood out more.

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I'll ask it agian.

Michael wore the black top on the first show of the Bad tour so when did the red top and silver top come into play?

Was it just Michael experimenting which top looks better and makes him stand out to the crowd - I'm guessing that's why he stuck with the silver top cos' he stood out more.

Personally, i think the black shirt concert is the best of the entire 1987 leg! of course, there's film footage of the red shirt though :wub: but overall, i think the silver shirt did make Michael look mystical in the light's

Do we know how many shows Michael done with the black top and red top?

Probably within the only first few shows in Japan & Australia. Otherwise it was always the silver shirt.

Do we know how many shows Michael done with the black top and red top?

First show of the Tour is when he wore the black shirt, and the second show of the tour is when he wore the red shirt! i'd love to see the 1987 dress rehearsals from the Beta Tape masters, filmed by Nocturne Prod.! The insight into what they do as shown in Dangerous diary is fantastic!

I think Michael bush created several different versions for Michael to try out, before making his final decision! obviously Michael was happy with silver, and i'm glad he chose to go with that!

Yeah, besides the silver and red, the 2nd leg shirt was also made in blue:
aZ8kQ56.png

(too bad there aren't any pictures of him in it, I bet it would have looked amazing on him!!:wild:)

and black, which is... gorgeous:in_love::
b1kEUxM.png

I really wonder, since there are so many Bad tour shows we haven't seen yet, if he wore any of these in concert.. I hope he did, and that we'll get to see that footage one day!!

aZ8kQ56.png

(too bad there aren't any pictures of him in it, I bet it would have looked amazing on him!!:wild:)

b1kEUxM.png

I really wonder, since there are so many Bad tour shows we haven't seen yet, if he wore any of these in concert.. I hope he did, and that we'll get to see that footage one day!!

I don't think he did wear one of the alternate shirts, i believe all clothing was created in 1987 before the tour began! Michael knew, when it left Australia that it would be a broader experience for his audience! Blue is my favorite color and that would have looked great on him! i think the black shirt pic is from 1987!

Edit: also, i upscaled the Yokohama bonus on the Wembley DVD to 1080i! it looked incredible.. i'd love to see all the Beta Tape shows released & restored! maybe on the previously mentioned Netflix idea.. and have one film show from each Tour, released to the public!

Re-Edit, i'm wrong the black shirt photo is from 1988! looks like Europe..

^Yeah Zakk, the picture of Michael in the black shirt was actually taken on July 20th, 1988 :) He was at the Great Ormond Street hospital in London, visiting terminally ill children..

It does look like he always wore the silver shirt, but still I have a little bit of hope that he did wear any of the other colors :D

aZ8kQ56.png

b1kEUxM.png

Blue shirt:http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/6f/42/52/6f4252518611fdfe8654544bd9ac1dbb.jpg
You're welcome.

oh dear. Zakk, he was saying NOOOOOOOO as in he was disappointed that it wasn't real, not that he was disagreeing...
*edit, i see he already pointed that out too, hahaha*

Anyho, there was also apparently a gold version made, too.

20110811-114902.jpg

20110811-115038.jpg

20110811-115046.jpg

20110811-115030.jpg

20110811-115112.jpg

20110811-115135.jpg

I kinda wish he had switched it up every show. But I guess he settled with the silver one as being the best. The other ones were worn when he was doing public appearances, but not performing. That black 88 version above is sweet! But on stage, wearing all black would make it more difficult for people to see you moving around.

b1kEUxM.png

I wish he wore this more often! Not on stage, because it's harder to see him if you're way in the back, but he kinda looks really badass in this pic :D
Especially with the v-neck t-shirt underneath.
Anymore pics from this 88 variant black shirt? (not to be confused with the 1st leg black shirt)

^^ yeeees, me too, I absolutely looove it on him! Looks so gorgeous, geez :stars: There's a few more, I'll post them tomorrow ;)
And the gold one, I was supposed to go see that in L.A.! It looks kinda odd to me though, don't know why... I even mailed the museum to ask about it, and they said the shirt and belt were 'stage-worn' :eek:

I call bs.
Unless he busted it out at some point in 88. I mean, there were 123 shows in total. It's POSSIBLE I suppose.
Or maybe when he was out and about (like the black and red versions).

I call bs.
Unless he busted it out at some point in 88. I mean, there were 123 shows in total. It's POSSIBLE I suppose.
Or maybe when he was out and about (like the black and red versions).

Yeah, idk but I just feel like it's not the real deal ;) It looks a little different, like it could be a replica.. Or maybe it just looks weird on that buff mannequin :lol:
Anyways, here's some more pics of Michael in the black shirt, they're not the best pictures but I think this is all there is of him in it :)

IzKKnXQ.jpg

d816b89c83088ec0a8e2732c61996885.jpg

gallery_634_36971.jpg

Yeah, idk but I just feel like it's not the real deal ;) It looks a little different, like it could be a replica.. Or maybe it just looks weird on that buff mannequin :lol:
Anyways, here's some more pics of Michael in the black shirt, they're not the best pictures but I think this is all there is of him in it :)

IzKKnXQ.jpg

d816b89c83088ec0a8e2732c61996885.jpg

gallery_634_36971.jpg

Hope their's some visuals from it!

Back