michaeljacksonVEVO - Interview with Michael Jackson..........sort of

Birchey

Proud Member
[h=1]Michael Jackson - Interview with Michael Jackson[/h]Wonder when they will upload this interview xD

It's random, but I'm glad the Estate are promoting Michael's success and influence that he continued to have later in his life :)

Random as hell, they should be releasing footage like this.. nice footage though.

All positive videoes are wanted really.

the official VEVO could have so many great interviews and other stuff too.

All positive videoes are wanted really.

the official VEVO could have so many great interviews and other stuff too.

He was about to sit down for an interview, but it was just a crap montage video from 2006.

Yeah, really random. It has some great footage in great quality.. but it's just a news report from 2006, not "Interview with Michael Jackson". In my opinion news reports should not be uploaded to official VEVO channel, but real interviews absolutely yes.

This came across my yahoo news feed yesterday morning and I made some kind of comment that the title was misleading and there was no interview. Just news footage and a weird VoiceOver.

But later in the day more clips came over on other people with the same type of title. I watched a few-Kelly Rowland and some I dont remember. They were all random footage.
I don't understand why Vevo put those out or why they hit the news.

Oh. I assumed it was Vevo. Maybe Sony is also the label for those other artists that popped up with these so called "interviews."

This came across my yahoo news feed yesterday morning and I made some kind of comment that the title was misleading and there was no interview. Just news footage and a weird VoiceOver.

But later in the day more clips came over on other people with the same type of title. I watched a few-Kelly Rowland and some I dont remember. They were all random footage.
I don't understand why Vevo put those out or why they hit the news.

Good catch.

These clips are very random and rather senseless to post to Vevo. Seems likely to be computer hackers.

Please tell me that's sarcasm and you don't actually think that... :doh:

The video above is now private. If I am not mistaken, it was very similar to the one below.

If you believe Estate/Sony truly wanted to post this particular random video for Michael and similar random videos for other artists on a particularly random day, that is your belief.

I will continue to believe Vevo was hacked.

The video above is now private. If I am not mistaken, it was very similar to the one below.

If you believe Estate/Sony truly wanted to post this particular random video for Michael and similar random videos for other artists on a particularly random day, that is your belief.

I will continue to believe Vevo was hacked.

It's just, I imagine if you successfully got into the YouTube account of popular artists, you'd do something more worthwhile/malicious than upload a random 'interview' video...

It's just, I imagine if you successfully got into the YouTube account of popular artists, you'd do something more worthwhile/malicious than upload a random 'interview' video...

I am glad it was not malicious. Michael and the other artists do not deserve it.

If it was indeed hackers - which I believe it was - they proved they were able to access several Vevo channels successfully and are capable of damage; much to Sony's chagrin. Sometimes, the successful action is sufficient for some.

I can't see any problem with random videos on VEVO as long as they are positive and put MJ carreer in a positive light - and makes MJ look good.

The more positive videos the better. - I agree this one seems weird - and the description is misleading because there is no actual interview...

I didn't think about computer hackers-just thought it was beyond strange-but it could be they were just testing to see if they could do something, before actually doing something malicious. It is the same footage of that Guinness World Record-and some of the footage with Billy Bush of Access Hollywood when Michael arrived, etc. but no talking but the voice over.
I decided to check Vevo itself on a phone today and there are about 40 of them on different artists-Prince was one, and they all have the same title "interview with...." and I watched a few-they are just strange little mini-bios with that voice over.

Oh, Michael's was still there on the Vevo app. It wasn't marked private. I would think if it was hackers, Vevo would have yanked them down by now. It's been over a day.

Whatever, it's just odd.

Yes, the videos are still on Vevo. Same director for each one: Michael Callahan.

Nothing malicious was done so it could be no one in authority was aware of it.

There is no purpose to any of the videos. I believe Vevo was compromised.

It was a fabulous video. Forget mj's performances, what you can never tire of seeing is mj getting in and out of cars. Heartwarming to see footage of mj's much loved friends - uri, rabbi shmuley and matt 'umbrella holder' fiddes, and those tributes to mj's genius and influence by those giants of the music industry - bob someone and max someone else were great.

There is no purpose to any of the videos. I believe Vevo was compromised.
I agree, it was all a bit rubbish. There was nothing in the video that was 'mj copyright' - it was all stock news footage.

Guys! Guys! I just gained access to the Michael Jackson Vevo account!

OH MY GOD... We can do so much! What should we do?

I know! Let's upload a news story up to their channel and label it as an INTERVIEW! That'll confuse everyone! MWAHAHAHA

Come on guys, be realistic. Unless it was the work of Professor Chaos (south park joke), the Vevo accounts were not 'hacked' or comprised. If they were comprised, they would not upload a bloody news article. Like seriously guys, come on. It's odd, sure, but they've done this for heaps of other accounts too (meaning that if they were comprised, it'd have been dealt with even faster due to a larger audience - they wouldn't be up a week later).

My guess is that Vevo perhaps did a deal with a news or stock footage company to get 'interviews' or mini-bio like news stories about some artists, which could then be uploaded to their respective Vevos. Such videos could promote the artist and let viewers (especially those newly interested in the artist) find out more about them. I briefly skimmed the one for Rihanna and at one point it was talking about how she started off in the industry - which would be of interest to many new fans.

Hell even I'm probably wrong and while it's odd, I think some of you guys are trying to make something out of nothing by saying they were 'comprised'.

Back