Suicide Squad (2016)

Victory2004

Proud Member
It’s Official: Meet the Cast of DC Comics’ Suicide Squad Movie!
BY SILAS LESNICK ON
<time datetime="2014-12-02" style="box-sizing: border-box;">DECEMBER 2, 2014 </time>
suicide-squad-header4.jpg

An all-star roster of actors has joined Warner Bros. Pictures&#8217; new action adventure Suicide Squad, bringing DC Comics&#8217; super villain team to the big screen under the direction of David Ayer (Fury). The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.
The film will star two-time Oscar nominee Will Smith (The Pursuit of Happyness, Ali) as Deadshot; Tom Hardy (The Dark Knight Rises, upcoming Mad Max: Fury Road) as Rick Flagg; Margot Robbie (The Wolf of Wall Street, Focus) as Harley Quinn; Oscar winner Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club, Alexander) as the Joker; Jai Courtney (Divergent, The Water Diviner) as Boomerang; and Cara Delevingne (Anna Karenina, upcoming Pan) as Enchantress.
In making the announcement, Silverman said, &#8220;The Warner Bros. roots are deep on this one. David Ayer returns to the studio where he wrote &#8216;Training Day&#8217; and brings his incredible ability to craft multidimensional villains to this iconic DC property with a cast of longtime Warner collaborators Will Smith and Tom Hardy, and other new and returning favorites: Margot, Jared, Jai and Cara. We look forward to seeing this terrific ensemble, under Ayer&#8217;s amazing guidance, give new meaning to what it means to be a villain and what it means to be a hero.&#8221;
Ayer is also writing the script for Suicide Squad, which is being produced by Charles Roven (The Dark Knight trilogy, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice) and Richard Suckle (American Hustle). Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder, Colin Wilson and Geoff Johns are serving as executive producers.
Suicide Squad, which was originally created by Robert Kanigher and Ross Andru back in 1959, will set up shop in Toronto, Canada at their Pinewood extension starting in February. Following two months of pre-production, the film will shoot from April until September for a August 5, 2016 release.
It was also previously rumored that Jesse Eisenberg&#8217;s Lex Luthor will play a role in the story, although his name is not included in this official cast list.
The-Squad-Small.jpg
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/388379-its-official-meet-the-cast-of-dc-comics-suicide-squad

Last edited:
In honor of the 75th Anniversary of the introduction of the joker, David Ayer (Writer and Director for the SS movie) released a pic of our first look at the new Joker (Played by Jared Leto)
CDZbuEiUUAAtGQb.jpg

I kind of like it. I just hope he has the purple suit in the movie. It will be awesome to see Joker and Harley Quinn in a same movie.

I've liked the movies where Jared has been but he looks like Marilyn Manson those tattoos are cliché. I need to watch a trailer to give an idea of his demeanor ASAP.

David Ayer tweeted these pics. First one is a portrait of the whole SS & the other is a solo pic of Will Smith as Deadshot with his mask on!!
Suicide-Squad-Cast-Photo.jpg
Will-Smith-Deadshot-HiRes.jpg

Joker has been seen on the set:

I don't want to say that it's bad without hearing his voice but he could look more like Joker. They should give him the purple suit at least.

Joker has been seen on the set:

I don't want to say that it's bad without hearing his voice but he could look more like Joker. They should give him the purple suit at least.
See this is why I hate sometimes when this stuff is leaked cus of comments like that. Truth be told this wasn't even meant for us to see anyways. Somebody just happened to be close filming it.

Whatta trailer! DC is killin it! Can't wait!

Oooh I'm not going to kill you! I'm just going to hurt you, reaally reaaaally baaaaad

One of the best trailers I have ever seen! This movie is going to roock! And bohemian rhapsody as background music was a stroke of genius!

That was good. I didn't like that Joker's purple leather jacket look but this one looked great:
669880d7b4dff313_joke32.xxxlarge.jpg

Everything looks great, and I LOVE Harley Quinn's look and personality, but why does the Joker look like he should be on intervention?
The joker was always crazy, but in a witty way, not in a I'm strung out on drugs way. :no:
RIP dapper, crazy, gentleman Joker, we hardly knew ye.-_-

<time datetime="2016-05-16T11:59:57" data-pubdate-value="2016051611" class="publish-date js-publish-date" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1em; font-family: TabletGothicCompressed, sans-serif; font-size: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; text-transform: uppercase; display: inline;">MAY 16, 2016</time> 11:59am PT by Borys Kit
[h=1]Harley Quinn Movie in the Works at Warner Bros. With Margot Robbie (Exclusive)[/h]<figure class="blog-post__media" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 0px 212px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 24px; font-family: RobotoTHR, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
ss-08020r-h_2016.jpg
<figcaption class="blog-post__image-info" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">Margot Robbie in 'Suicide Squad' Clay Enos/Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.</figcaption></figure><aside class="blog-post-features" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px auto 1em 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 24px; font-family: RobotoTHR, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; float: right; width: 300px; overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">
<iframe id="google_ads_iframe_/6419/thr.com/heat.article_2" title="3rd party ad content" name="google_ads_iframe_/6419/thr.com/heat.article_2" width="300" height="250" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: bottom;"></iframe>

</aside><aside class="blog-post-deck" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 0px 212px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 24px; font-family: RobotoTHR, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; float: left; width: calc(100% - 528px); color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">In an interesting twist, the project is not a Quinn solo movie. Rather, it would focus on several of DC&#8217;s female heroes and villains, with names such as Batgirl and Birds of Prey surfacing.
</aside><article class="blog-post-body js-fitvids-content" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 0px 212px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.75em; font-family: RobotoTHR, sans-serif; font-size: 0.975em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Months ahead of the opening of Suicide Squad, Warner Bros. is already contemplating a spinoff for the DC Entertainment anti-heroine, Harley Quinn.
Margot Robbie, who stars as the villainess in Suicide Squad, is attached to reprise the character and would also produce the untitled spinoff, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
But in an interesting twist, the project is not a Quinn solo movie. Rather, it would focus on several of DC&#8217;s female heroes and villains.
Details are being closely guarded but names such as Batgirl and Birds of Prey have surfaced, although in what capacity, it&#8217;s not clear. Warner Bros. isn&#8217;t commenting.
There is also a scribe penning the script but those details, too, are being kept secret, although it is known that the writer is female.
DC has a very strong stable of heroines and villainesses and has been focusing on those characters with the rise of its female readership and fanbase. It recently introduced DC SuperHero Girls, a line of comics and products targeting the young female demographic. The characters getting the spotlight include Quinn, Batgirl, Batman villainess Poison Ivy, Katana (Quinn&#8217;s fellow member of the Suicide Squad) and Bumblebee, who can fly and shrink.
Sources say that Robbie was the impetus for the project, adding that when she got the part for the movie, she dove deep into the comics to learn as much as possible about the character. In the process, she fell for DC&#8217;s female characters. She brought on the writer to help develop the project and brought it to Warners, which snapped it up.
A Quinn-centered movie is a no-brainer for Warners. The character was created by writer Paul Dini and was initially a sidekick and girlfriend to the Joker. But to the surprise of many, she caught the imagination of fans, who have propelled her to star status. While she may not have the stature and deep roots of DC's Wonder Woman, Quinn's books outsell the Amazonian's and her merchandise is also a top seller.
The character has some similarities to Marvel's Deadpool in that they both break the fourth wall and have nihilistic streaks, with their stories being wacky fun.
Robbie is well-established at Warners, where she previously starred with Will Smith in 2015 caper flickFocus and plays Jane in this summer's The Legend of Tarzan. She is repped by CAA, Management 360, *****way Tyerman. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/margot-robbies-harley-quinn-movie-894486
</article>

This movie has so much potential... I really hope it lives up to what I hope! or at least come close!!!

The trailer looks good, I will see this around the same time as the new Jason Bourne film.

Last edited:
Back