Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast
Results 691 to 705 of 707

Thread: The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

   
  1. #691
    Points: 5,220, Level: 46
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,114
    Points
    5,220
    Level
    46
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 877 Times in 423 Posts

    Default Re: The Michael Jackson Chart Watch




    Halloween season impact

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nite Line For This Useful Post:


  3. #692
    Points: 5,876, Level: 49
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    210
    Points
    5,876
    Level
    49
    Thanks
    393
    Thanked 310 Times in 106 Posts

    Default Re: The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

    Billboard 200

    Thriller: #151 (+31 spots)
    The Essential: #120 (+6 spots)

    The Essential has now spent 297 weeks on the Billboard 200 chart including every week in 2019. Thriller has spent 386 weeks on top of the charts.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to travis3000 For This Useful Post:


  5. #693
    Points: 1,267, Level: 19
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Elton-Cetera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale / Ottawa
    Posts
    196
    Points
    1,267
    Level
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 62 Times in 41 Posts

    Default Re: The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

    THE BILLBOARD 200 ALBUMS CHART (U.S.A)

    THE JACKSON 5


    01. 1969: # 5 – Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5
    02. 1970: # 4 – ABC
    03. 1970: # 4 – Third Album
    04. 1970: # 105 – Jackson 5 Christmas Album
    05. 1971: # 11 – Maybe Tomorrow
    06. 1971: # 16 – Goin’ Back To Indiana
    07. 1971: # 12 – Greatest Hits
    08. 1972: # 7 – Lookin’ Through The Windows
    09. 1973: # 44 – Skywriter
    10. 1973: # 100 – Get It Together
    11. 1974: # 16 – Dancing Machine
    12. 1975: # 36 – Moving Violation
    13. 1999: # 114 – 20th Century Masters – The Millenium Collection: The Best Of The Jackson 5

    THE JACKSONS

    01. 1976: # 36 – The Jacksons
    02. 1977: # 63 – Goin’ Places
    03. 1978: # 11 – Destiny
    04. 1980: # 10 – Triumph
    05. 1981: # 30 – The Jacksons Live!
    06. 1984: # 4 – Victory
    07. 1989: # 59 – 2300 Jackson Street

    THE BILLBOARD 100 SINGLES CHART (U.S.A)

    THE JACKSON 5

    01. 1969: # 1 – I Want You Back
    02. 1970: # 1 – ABC
    03. 1970: # 1 – The Love You Save
    04. 1970: # 1 – I’ll Be There
    05. 1970: # 2 – Mama’s Pearl
    06. 1971: # 2 – Never Can Say Goodbye
    07. 1971: # 20 – Maybe Tomorrow
    08. 1971: # 10 – Sugar Daddy
    09. 1972: # 13 – Little Bitty Pretty One
    10. 1972: # 16 – Lookin’ Through The Windows
    11. 1972: # 18 – Corner Of The Sky
    12. 1973: # 28 – Hallelujah Day
    13. 1973: # 28 – Get It Together
    14. 1974: # 2 – Dancing Machine
    15. 1974: # 38 – Whatever You Got, I Want
    16. 1974: # 15 – I Am Love
    17. 1975: # 60 – Forever Came Today

    THE JACKSONS

    01. 1976: # 6 – Enjoy Yourself
    02. 1977: # 28 – Show You The Way To Go
    03. 1977: # 52 – Goin’ Places
    04. 1978: # 54 – Blame It On The Boogie
    05. 1979: # 7 – Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
    06. 1980: # 12 – Lovely One
    07. 1980: # 22 – This Place Hotel
    08. 1981: # 77 – Can You Feel It
    09. 1981: # 73 – Walk Right Now
    10. 1984: # 3 – State Of Shock
    11. 1984: # 17 – Torture
    12. 1984: # 47 – Body
    13. 1985: # 1 – We Are The World
    14. 1987: # 77 – Nothin’ (That Compares 2 U)

    THE BILLBOARD 200 ALBUMS CHART (U.S.A)

    MICHAEL JACKSON


    01. 1972: # 14 – Got To Be There
    02. 1972: # 5 – Ben
    03. 1973: # 92 – Music & Me
    04. 1975: # 101 – Forever, Michael
    05. 1975: # 156 – The Best Of Michael Jackson
    06. 1979: # 3 – Off The Wall
    07. 1981: # 144 – One Day In Your Life
    08. 1982: # 1 – Thriller
    09. 1984: # 168 – 14 Greatest Hits
    10. 1984: # 46 – Farewell My Summer Love
    11. 1987: # 1 – Bad
    12. 1991: # 1 – Dangerous
    13. 1995: # 1 – History: Past, Present And Future, Book I
    14: 1997: # 24 – Blood On The Dance Floor: History In The Mix
    15. 2001: # 1 – Invincible
    16. 2003: # 13 – Number Ones
    17. 2004: # 154 – The Ultimate Collection
    18. 2005: # 31 – The Essential Michael Jackson
    19. 2008: # 139 – Gold Anthology
    20. 2009: # 57 – The Stripped Mixes
    21. 2009: # 39 – The Definitive Collection
    22. 2009: # 175 – The Remix Suite
    23. 2009: # 1 – Michael Jackson’s This Is It
    24. 2009: # 91 – Selections From Michael Jackson’s This Is It
    25. 2010: # 3 – Michael
    26. 2011: # 24 – Immortal
    27. 2012: # 46 – Bad – 25th Anniversary Edition
    28. 2014: # 2 – Xscape
    29. 2017: # 33 – Scream

    THE BILLBOARD 100 SINGLES CHART (U.S.A)

    MICHAEL JACKSON

    01. 1971: # 4 – Got To Be There
    02. 1972: # 2 – Rockin’ Robin
    03. 1972: # 16 – I Wanna Be Where You Are
    04. 1972: # 1 – Ben
    05. 1973: # 50 – With A Child’s Heart
    06. 1975: # 54 – We’re Almost There
    07. 1975: # 23 – Just A Little Bit Of You
    08. 1978: # 41 – Ease On Down The Road
    09. 1979: # 81 – You Can’t Win
    10. 1979: # 1 – Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough
    11. 1979: # 1 – Rock With You
    12. 1980: # 10 – Off The Wall
    13. 1980: # 10 – She’s Out Of My Life
    14. 1981: # 55 – One Day In Your Life
    15. 1982: # 2 – The Girl Is Mine
    16. 1983: # 1 – Billie Jean
    17. 1983: # 1 – Beat It
    18. 1983: # 5 – Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’
    19. 1983: # 7 – Human Nature
    20. 1983: # 10 – P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
    21. 1983: # 1 – Say Say Say
    22. 1984: # 4 – Thriller
    23. 1984: # 38 – Farewell My Summer Love
    24. 1985: # 1 – We Are The World
    25. 1987: # 1 – I Just Can’t Stop Loving You
    26. 1987: # 1 – Bad
    27. 1987: # 1 – The Way You Make Me Feel
    28. 1988: # 1 – Man In The Mirror
    29. 1988: # 1 – Dirty Diana
    30. 1988: # 11 – Another Part Of Me
    31. 1988: # 7 – Smooth Criminal
    32. 1991: # 1 – Black Or White
    33. 1992: # 3 – Remember The Time
    34. 1992: # 6 – In The Closet
    35. 1992: # 26 – Jam
    36. 1992: # 14 – Who Is It
    37. 1992: # 27 – Heal The World
    38. 1993: # 7 – Will You Be There
    39. 1995: # 5 – Scream
    40. 1995: # 5 – Childhood
    41. 1995: # 1 – You Are Not Alone
    42. 1996: # 30 – They Don’t Care About Us
    43. 1996: # 91 – Stranger In Moscow
    44. 1997: # 42 – Blood On The Dance Floor
    45. 2001: # 10 – You Rock My World
    46. 2002: # 14 – Butterflies
    47. 2003: # 83 – One More Chance
    48. 2008: # 81 – Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008
    49. 2010: # 39 – Hold My Hand
    50. 2014: # 9 – Love Never Felt So Good
    51. 2018: # 9 – Don’t Matter To Me
    Last edited by Elton-Cetera; 14-10-2019 at 07:00 AM.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elton-Cetera For This Useful Post:


  7. #694
    Points: 5,876, Level: 49
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    210
    Points
    5,876
    Level
    49
    Thanks
    393
    Thanked 310 Times in 106 Posts

    Default Re: The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

    Drives me nuts how Billboard still lists the Number Ones album at #13 for its highest spot. It spent SIX consecutive weeks at #1 in the summer of 2009 yet that history is buried.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to travis3000 For This Useful Post:


  9. #695
    Points: 5,220, Level: 46
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,114
    Points
    5,220
    Level
    46
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 877 Times in 423 Posts

    Default Re: The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by travis3000 View Post
    Drives me nuts how Billboard still lists the Number Ones album at #13 for its highest spot. It spent SIX consecutive weeks at #1 in the summer of 2009 yet that history is buried.
    Dumb Billboard and their stupid rules didn't allow older albums to chart on Billboard 200 during the summer of 2009. Thankfully those clowns changed their rules in the wake of MJ's death and the popularity of his albums.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nite Line For This Useful Post:


  11. #696
    Points: 5,220, Level: 46
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,114
    Points
    5,220
    Level
    46
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 877 Times in 423 Posts

    Default Re: The Michael Jackson Chart Watch



  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nite Line For This Useful Post:


  13. #697
    Points: 1,267, Level: 19
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Elton-Cetera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale / Ottawa
    Posts
    196
    Points
    1,267
    Level
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 62 Times in 41 Posts

    Default Re: The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

    I added We Are The World to the list of singles above. 1985: # 1
    Last edited by Elton-Cetera; 14-10-2019 at 07:01 AM.

  14. #698
    Points: 1,267, Level: 19
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Elton-Cetera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale / Ottawa
    Posts
    196
    Points
    1,267
    Level
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 62 Times in 41 Posts

    Default Re: The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

    Does anyone remember if Thriller went back to # 1 on Billboard in the U.S. after Jackson died? For how many weeks?

  15. #699
    Points: 10,045, Level: 66
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Mikky Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,682
    Points
    10,045
    Level
    66
    Thanks
    3,138
    Thanked 1,532 Times in 733 Posts

    Default Re: The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Elton-Cetera View Post
    Does anyone remember if Thriller went back to # 1 on Billboard in the U.S. after Jackson died? For how many weeks?
    It gets back in the charts every Halloween, but I'm not sure about the position.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:


  17. #700
    Points: 10,045, Level: 66
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Mikky Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,682
    Points
    10,045
    Level
    66
    Thanks
    3,138
    Thanked 1,532 Times in 733 Posts

    Default Re: The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Elton-Cetera View Post

    THE BILLBOARD 200 ALBUMS CHART (U.S.A)

    MICHAEL JACKSON


    01. 1972: # 14 – Got To Be There
    02. 1972: # 5 – Ben
    03. 1973: # 92 – Music & Me
    04. 1975: # 101 – Forever, Michael
    05. 1975: # 156 – The Best Of Michael Jackson
    06. 1979: # 3 – Off The Wall
    07. 1981: # 144 – One Day In Your Life
    08. 1982: # 1 – Thriller
    09. 1984: # 168 – 14 Greatest Hits
    10. 1984: # 46 – Farewell My Summer Love
    11. 1987: # 1 – Bad
    12. 1991: # 1 – Dangerous
    13. 1995: # 1 – History: Past, Present And Future, Book I

    14: 1997: # 24 – Blood On The Dance Floor: History In The Mix
    15. 2001: # 1 – Invincible
    16. 2003: # 13 – Number Ones
    17. 2004: # 154 – The Ultimate Collection
    18. 2005: # 31 – The Essential Michael Jackson
    19. 2008: # 139 – Gold Anthology
    20. 2009: # 57 – The Stripped Mixes
    21. 2009: # 39 – The Definitive Collection
    22. 2009: # 175 – The Remix Suite
    23. 2009: # 1 – Michael Jackson’s This Is It
    24. 2009: # 91 – Selections From Michael Jackson’s This Is It
    25. 2010: # 3 – Michael
    26. 2011: # 24 – Immortal
    27. 2012: # 46 – Bad – 25th Anniversary Edition
    28. 2014: # 2 - Xscape
    29. 2017: # 33 – Scream

    THE BILLBOARD 100 SINGLES CHART (U.S.A)

    MICHAEL JACKSON

    01. 1971: # 4 – Got To Be There
    02. 1972: # 2 – Rockin’ Robin
    03. 1972: # 16 – I Wanna Be Where You Are
    04. 1972: # 1 – Ben
    05. 1973: # 50 – With A Child’s Heart
    06. 1975: # 54 – We’re Almost There
    07. 1975: # 23 – Just A Little Bit Of You
    08. 1978: # 41 – Ease On Down The Road
    09. 1979: # 81 – You Can’t Win
    10. 1979: # 1 – Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough
    11. 1979: # 1 – Rock With You
    12. 1980: # 10 – Off The Wall
    13. 1980: # 10 – She’s Out Of My Life
    14. 1981: # 55 – One Day In Your Life
    15. 1982: # 2 – The Girl Is Mine
    16. 1983: # 1 – Billie Jean
    17. 1983: # 1 – Beat It
    18. 1983: # 5 – Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’
    19. 1983: # 7 – Human Nature
    20. 1983: # 10 – P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
    21. 1983: # 1 – Say Say Say
    22. 1984: # 4 – Thriller
    23. 1984: # 38 – Farewell My Summer Love
    24. 1985: # 1 – We Are The World
    25. 1987: # 1 – I Just Can’t Stop Loving You
    26. 1987: # 1 – Bad
    27. 1987: # 1 – The Way You Make Me Feel
    28. 1988: # 1 – Man In The Mirror
    29. 1988: # 1 – Dirty Diana

    30. 1988: # 11 – Another Part Of Me
    31. 1988: # 7 – Smooth Criminal
    32. 1991: # 1 – Black Or White
    33. 1992: # 3 – Remember The Time
    34. 1992: # 6 – In The Closet
    35. 1992: # 26 – Jam
    36. 1992: # 14 – Who Is It
    37. 1992: # 27 – Heal The World
    38. 1993: # 7 – Will You Be There
    39. 1995: # 5 – Scream
    40. 1995: # 5 – Childhood
    41. 1995: # 1 – You Are Not Alone
    42. 1996: # 30 – They Don’t Care About Us
    43. 1996: # 91 – Stranger In Moscow
    44. 1997: # 42 – Blood On The Dance Floor
    45. 2001: # 10 – You Rock My World
    46. 2002: # 14 – Butterflies
    47. 2003: # 83 – One More Chance
    48. 2008: # 81 – Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008
    49. 2010: # 39 – Hold My Hand
    50. 2014: # 9 – Love Never Felt So Good
    51. 2018: # 9 – Don’t Matter To Me

    I still think it is SUCH a travesty that BAD didn't win a Grammy. Unbelievable.

    Also.....just LOOK at everything that happened AFTER Thriller and AFTER 2009.
    Such power. Such undeniable command of the market. A true icon, never to be replicated.

  18. #701
    Points: 5,220, Level: 46
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,114
    Points
    5,220
    Level
    46
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 877 Times in 423 Posts

    Default Re: The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    I still think it is SUCH a travesty that BAD didn't win a Grammy. Unbelievable.
    Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe that the only reason Bad didn't win a grammy was because of the controversies surrounding Michael Jackson at the time. MJ was everyone's favourite in 1984, when he dominated the Grammys, but by 1988, the media had already started their propaganda to make him look weird. And his changing skin colour was a big factor as an evidence pointing to his weirdness, according to the media. I think the grammys didn't want to associate themselves with MJ after the mid 80s, hence why he hardly won any grammys for his post Thriller albums.

  19. #702
    Points: 7,898, Level: 59
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,071
    Points
    7,898
    Level
    59
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    845
    Thanked 381 Times in 270 Posts

    Default Re: The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    It gets back in the charts every Halloween, but I'm not sure about the position.
    lol! so true. which is great though after all these years and it's one of Michael favorite holidays.



    a female with depression,generalized anxiety,who is intellectual delay with other mental delays

  20. #703
    Points: 40,602, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,081
    Points
    40,602
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    2,209
    Thanked 14,509 Times in 3,869 Posts

    Default Re: The Michael Jackson Chart Watch



  21. #704
    Points: 7,898, Level: 59
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,071
    Points
    7,898
    Level
    59
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    845
    Thanked 381 Times in 270 Posts

    Default Re: The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

    Let's hope that number at least make it to the teens or 1 digits.



    a female with depression,generalized anxiety,who is intellectual delay with other mental delays

  22. #705
    Points: 7,898, Level: 59
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registered5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    NatureCriminal7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,071
    Points
    7,898
    Level
    59
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    845
    Thanked 381 Times in 270 Posts

    Default Michael Tops The Lyric Find Chart

    As Halloween is approaching, Michael’s 'Thriller' is top of Billboard’s October 12th Lyric Find Global Chart. The Global Chart includes all lyric queries worldwide with data provided by more than five thousand publishers and more than one hundred services. These include; Amazon, Pandora, Deezer, Microsoft, SoundHound and iHeartRadio.


    https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...yricfind-chart



    a female with depression,generalized anxiety,who is intellectual delay with other mental delays

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •