'CTE' Star?

Dan

Proud Member
I have just received 3 'CTE' shirts (Black, Red, White) and on the armband there is a a star like symbol and I'm just wondering if any of you guys knew what it meant?

Below is the symbol.
CTE-Arm-Band-MJ.jpg

I remember reading in Michael Bush's book, The King of Style, that the CTE didn't mean anything at all...and I don't have any insight about the star specifically; only that Michael loved military style flourishes.

Maybe someone else knows more?

I had read a long time ago back when he was wearing them all the time-that it meant "chosen to entertain".
I read Bush said it was chosen at random but that other explanation sounds good.

Excerpt: Michael Bush - The Interview (MJJMAGAZINE #6)
CTE: [..] When Michael saw the first shirts we made, there was nothing on, so he pointed his finger to his shoulder as to say “Bush, details are missing here! Give me some letters…”. So Dennis and I put all the letters of the alphabet in a hat, picked three of them randomly and came up with the sequence CTE. The whole world thought it meant something…like a secret code. Actually, Michael later gave it a meaning because he often called people using their job qualifications, not their names. For instance, to Michael I was ‘wardrobe’, Karen Faye was ‘make-up’…so we started to call him ‘the entertainer’. That’s when he decided that CTE meant “C (see) The Entertainer”. [..]

Back