Info for next-release?

lougrizli

Guests
Did someone found others info for:

-The supposed (Dangerous,Bad,HIStory) Tour in Theaters ? [2016]
-Off The Wall Documentary ?
-Thriler 3D/BluRay ?

There is ongoing discussion regarding possible theatrical ventures involving one of Michael's tours, recently rumored as being Prague 1996 but nothing is confirmed. Off The Wall docu is definitely coming, not 100% on Thriller 3D

HIStory Tour being released to cinemas. I've spoken enough about why I think that's a bad idea

Those so called "rumours" are nothing but fan speculations on fan boards. Nothing concrete.

Rumors in regards to leaked emails, original source was Branca in 2012 and then Mkgenie's update

Rumors in regards to leaked emails, original source was Branca in 2012 and then Mkgenie's update

Branca did not say Prague. He just said they are planning a HIStory tour theater release. The leaked e-mails also did not say Prague. Heck, we do not even know if there are such e-mails because the info came from a fan Facebook. Doesn't mean it's credible. Also, hopefully the Estate will come to their senses regarding a HIStory tour cinema release seeing that even the fan base is so divided about it.

Zakk's only allowed to be wrong a certain amount of times and then it gets stopped ;)

Discussing theatrics in my own thread is obviously something that can be twisted.

Discussing theatrics in my own thread is obviously something that can be twisted.

Nothing wrong with a healthy debate. It's turned out recently that Matty's opinions are much more twisted than yours anyway so you're okay now.

Hmm, A theatrical release for a tour at this stage would only interest me if it was something truly unseen and of mythical status like HBO One Night Only Rehearsals. What I would absolutely love would be a type of 2-hour live anthology from I Want You Back all the way up to Invincible. I know the possibility of something like that is highly unlikely & of course, it's probably impossible because of the format used 40 years ago to shoot footage. But even something with performances from Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Bad, Dangerous & HIStory, but the very best performances.

Right now I just feel meh about an Off The Wall documentary. If it's going to be the same format as Spike Lee's Bad25, then about 30% of it will be the new r&b set a la Chris Brown, Bieber, Beyonce etc. Of course, if there's some footage of Destiny then it may be somewhat redeemable.

Thriller 3D feels like something that should have been done a decade ago. It's too short to play alone in theatres & a blu-ray will consist of what? The Thriller short-film 14 minutes long & what else? The making of? & of course, a shiny new menu screen where people will say 'It could have been better, but I really loved that menu screen.'

Last edited by a moderator:
What I would absolutely love would be a type of 2-hour live anthology from I Want You Back all the way up to Invincible. I know the possibility of something like that is highly unlikely & of course, it's probably impossible because of the format used 40 years ago to shoot footage. But even something with performances from Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Bad, Dangerous & HIStory, but the very best performances.

That would be entirely possible and a wonderful insight into his growth as an entertainer. To release every song that was performed live, would be incredible. Considering the range of song's throughout the years it would be difficult to decide what should be featured? for example.. I want you back live in the 70's? 80's or 90's? there's some great footage from the J5 era that can be included.

Hmm, A theatrical release for a tour at this stage would only interest me if it was something truly unseen and of mythical status like HBO One Night Only Rehearsals. What I would absolutely love would be a type of 2-hour live anthology from I Want You Back all the way up to Invincible. I know the possibility of something like that is highly unlikely & of course, it's probably impossible because of the format used 40 years ago to shoot footage. But even something with performances from Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Bad, Dangerous & HIStory, but the very best performances.

Right now I just feel meh about an Off The Wall documentary. If it's going to be the same format as Spike Lee's Bad25, then about 30% of it will be the new r&b set a la Chris Brown, Bieber, Beyonce etc. Of course, if there's some footage of Destiny then it may be somewhat redeemable.

Thriller 3D feels like something that should have been done a decade ago. It's too short to play alone in theatres & a blu-ray will consist of what? The Thriller short-film 14 minutes long & what else? The making of?

Exactly that.

Thriller 3D feels like something that should have been done a decade ago. It's too short to play alone in theatres & a blu-ray will consist of what? The Thriller short-film 14 minutes long & what else? The making of? & of course, a shiny new menu screen where people will say 'It could have been better, but I really loved that menu screen.'

Yes, the Making of. It's one of the best selling music videos ever and it has only ever been released on VHS. Don't you think it deserves to be released on DVD/Blue-ray? I do not expect it to be a blockbuster hit, because everyone has seen Thriller by now, but I think it needs to be put on DVD/Blue-ray. The same for Ghosts + Making of. Make it a boxset of the two, if you will.

Yes, the Making of. It's one of the best selling music videos ever and it has only ever been released on VHS. Don't you think it deserves to be released on DVD/Blue-ray? I do not expect it to be a blockbuster hit, because everyone has seen Thriller by now, but I think it needs to be put on DVD/Blue-ray. The same for Ghosts + Making of. Make it a boxset of the two, if you will.

Yeah I've said that before. A two disc DVD of Making of Thriller and Ghosts.

That would be entirely possible and a wonderful insight into his growth as an entertainer. To release every song that was performed live, would be incredible. Considering the range of song's throughout the years it would be difficult to decide what should be featured? for example.. I want you back live in the 70's? 80's or 90's? there's some great footage from the J5 era that can be included.

Yeah, some of the J5 performances are incredible, everything from the way Michael holds his microphone to the amount of feeling & soul he pours into his performance. You can clearly see his genius from back then because of the raw, stripped back nature of the presentation. There's no spectacle, just raw greatness. I would say include the earliest performances of each song to fit in their era. Also, The Jackson's Epic years provided some outstanding performances. Lets see Mike on the silver screen giving us I Want You Back, The Love You Save, Never Can Say Goodbye, Rockin Robin, Sugar Daddy, Ben, Got To Be There, Dancing Machine (the robot) Enjoy Yourself, Shake Your Body, Heartbreak Hotel, Blame It On The Boogie, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough.

The blu-ray would have an extra hour.

^ there's a great One Day In Your Life performance on YouTube that I can't be arsed finding at the moment as I've eaten a lot of pasta. But it's just brilliant, the way he controls it and makes the band follow his lead is jaw dropping.

Yeah, some of the J5 performances are incredible, everything from the way Michael holds his microphone to the amount of feeling & soul he pours into his performance. You can clearly see his genius from back then because of the raw, stripped back nature of the presentation. There's no spectacle, just raw greatness. I would say include the earliest performances of each song to fit in their era. Also, The Jackson's Epic years provided some outstanding performances. Lets see Mike on the silver screen giving us I Want You Back, The Love You Save, Never Can Say Goodbye, Rockin Robin, Sugar Daddy, Ben, Got To Be There, Dancing Machine (the robot) Enjoy Yourself, Shake Your Body, Heartbreak Hotel, Blame It On The Boogie, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough.

The blu-ray would have an extra hour.

Do you think they could fit You Rock My World in there? i know it was performed at the 30th anniversary celebration but Michael's dancing & the live vocal segment is great.

I'd love it released on dvd/Blu-ray, but it's something again, that's a no-brainer and should have been done a decade ago. Thriller is one of the most fundamentally important things associated with MJ, but It would probably make little to no impact, so they won't put themselves out to release it. Personally, I love it though.

I agree with Tony. Put both Thriller & Ghosts with the Making Of's in a nice shiny box and release it.

^ there's a great One Day In Your Life performance on YouTube that I can't be arsed finding at the moment as I've eaten a lot of pasta. But it's just brilliant, the way he controls it and makes the band follow his lead is jaw dropping.
I'm loving the new, late night, chilled out Tony. If you can drag yourself away from that giant plate of pasta, i'd love to see it.
Do you think they could fit You Rock My World in there? i know it was performed at the 30th anniversary celebration but Michael's dancing & the live vocal segment is great.
I don't see why not. It would be an incredible retrospective to watch the evolution of Mike as a performer from I Want You Back to You Rock My World.

In 2012, I saw a rumor on a website and it was written that Branca said Munich 97 will be released on theaters in 3D/BluRay. I don't found the site anymore. (I send the link of this site to MJuniversHD, I don't know if he kept a screen)
Plus, The Online Team always answers "rumors are just rumors" so it's hard to know if it's true or no.

Last edited:
I think the next release will be the Off The Wall documentary. Hopefully it comes with an updated special edition album like the one in 2001...but without the interviews. Instead, add more demos and maybe a couple unreleased gems from the era.

2016 most likely will be all about Dangerous 25.

2016 most likely will be all about Dangerous 25.

There are around 60-70 demo's from the Dangerous era, Michael worked with several producers and also worked on material himself! i would like the leaked tracks + 7 additional unreleased recording's. I sincerely hope they put effort into a possible concert release, i'm hopeful for a Blu-Ray! i'm tired of seeing old format on my high def display...

Back