Whatever Happens vs. Keep The Faith

Whatever Happens vs. Keep The Faith

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zakk

Proud Member
Two beautiful song's, tough choice.. but i look forward to your opinions. 'Whatever Happens' edges it slightly in my opinion.

Both great songs. KTF is the better vocal delivery (up their with his all time greatest), but I prefer WH as a song. It reminds me of Terence Trent D'arby's Sign Your Name and the added touch of Carlos Santana was a stroke of genius. Shame it was never released as a single as it had serious hit potential.

Whatever Happens, by far. I think Keep The Faith is one of his weakest songs and definitely the weakest on Dangerous. Whatever Happens is brilliant, one of his best vocal performances and one of the best songs on Invincible. Should have been released as a single.

Whatever Happens! Should've been a single imho (not first single definitely, but at least released as one!) :)

Love Whatever Happens but prefer Keep The Faith, love it's spiritual & uplifting inspirational quality & Mike's vocals are just.......gonna have a listen now.

Though choices! Imma go with Whatever Happens. To me, it's one of the two songs that really sounds like a MJ song on invincible

This is hard to me. Keep The Faith is one of those songs where I have seen some really negative comments about it from some fans (see Onir in this thread for example) and I just do not understand why. I think it's a great song. I also remember I once saw a comment somewhere from someone who said this song literally saved his life when he contemplated suicide (so much for being "too preachy").
Whatever Happens is a great song too, so this is really close to me, but I'll vote for WH. Slightly. Should have been a single.

Amazing songs.

But I will go with Whatever Happens

Whatever Happens, by far. I think Keep The Faith is one of his weakest songs and definitely the weakest on Dangerous. Whatever Happens is brilliant, one of his best vocal performances and one of the best songs on Invincible. Should have been released as a single.

I agree WH should have been a single (the first from Invincible), but in no way is KTF a weak song, the lyric, vocal, gospel backing & arrangement are all superb.

Yes, the production has date a bit due to its synthesised production, but the song is an uplifting cry that no matter what you will triumph over adversity. 'Dust off your butt and get your self respect back'

Nope I can't do it !!! Both are amazing and different songs. Two of MJ's greatest vocal performances.

I love "Keep The Faith" the best over "Whatever Happens". "Whatever Happens" is a good track, but I love "Keep The Faith" because it sounded so gospal.

I agree with everything but saying it's the weakest off Dangerous. That honor goes to Why You You Wanna Trip On Me, She's Driving Me Wild or Can't Let Her Get Away.

BTW I voted for Whatever Happens. Without a doubt, thee best song on the Invincible album, and would have hit number 1.

This thread get me thinking about just how strong and great a song Whatever Happens is - and it makes me even more sad the song did not get a single release and a video.

Whatever Happens would and should have been a huge smash hit. - Better than YRMW IMHO and could have done better on charts with a great video.

Melodically, I prefer Whatever Happens. Keep the Faith is great also, but I enjoy it best when I'm in a certain mood for it. It works well as a motivational pick me up when I feel down.

This one is pretty easy for me, I go with Whatever Happens. I love this song and I think it's a shame it wasn't released as a single.

I voted for 'Keep The Faith'.
Such a positive song. Such an outstanding vocal performance. Such nice sound & instrumentation.

Back