What Message was Michael trying to convey in Stranger In Moscow?

Bringing Brighter Days

Proud Member
He was trying to share something with the world

I don't think he was singing this solely for entertainment purposes

^^ I can say this, Steanger In Moscow is in my top 3 songs of all time. Such a poetic, introspective and somber song. I can feel his loneliness in that song.

I suppose you could say he was trying to convey a message about being isolated, alone and scared. Being the most famous man on the planet at that time and still feeling alone speaks volume. "Here abandoned in my fame"

Of course it's not just for entertainment purposes. He sang about the isolation and loneliness he felt because of the 1993 allegations.

Yeah, not to be dismissive but the answer is pretty much in the lyrics.

It's fairly obvious. That's why it's one of my favorite urban songs of his because I relate to it 100%. I'm not famous but I definitely feel his pain on so many levels. That and if there's any song that needed to be his "Human Nature Part 2" in terms of his tours, this was the right pick. This was 100% the Human Nature of the HIStory Tour, although both songs are different. Plus he lip-synced.

It's a song about loneliness. Regardless of what you have going on, just lonlieness.

But by the end of the song, musically, it sounds a bit uplifting like 'everything is gonna be alright'.

My favorite MJ video right after Smooth Criminal to this day.

Back