Björk recommends We Are Almost There

HIStory

Proud Member
This was new to me (although I know that Björk was a great admirer of MJ.)

[video=youtube;6gsSN9Yfmkk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gsSN9Yfmkk[/video]

I can't watch the video. What does it say?

Edit - never mind. That was really cool. Never knew he was a fan like this. Not even i would have choosen that song, lol

Bjork has always spoken very highly of MJ and I get the impression that she is more than just a casual fan, she even talked a few years ago about how great the song Butterflies is.

Unlike many other celebrity fans she never wavered in her admiration for Michael, even from 2003-2009 when not many other public figures or so-called celebrity fans had anything nice to say about MJ (I'm looking at you Justin Timberfake). For that she has my respect.

MattyJam;4079597 said:
Bjork has always spoken very highly of MJ and I get the impression that she is more than just a casual fan, she even talked a few years ago about how great the song Butterflies is.

Unlike many other celebrity fans she never wavered in her admiration for Michael, even from 2003-2009 when not many other public figures or so-called celebrity fans had anything nice to say about MJ (I'm looking at you Justin Timberfake). For that she has my respect.

Indeed she did. She's brilliant. In 2003 Bjork did a webchat for In Camera to answer questions from fans and celebrities.

One question came from MJ: "I have always loved & admired your creativity. Nature's struggle to survive alongside mankind has been an inspiration for me: Given the natural beauty of your Icelandic homeland, how does nature inspire your work?"

Bjork replied: "I hope this doesn't sound a bit naff, but being alone in nature, especially after walking for hours, it just puts you in your place & you realize how small you are & how plenty of everything is around you. Then you just let go & surrender, you just become part of it. I'm so chuffed you asked me a question! I have to say you're the best, keep fighting & it angers me how cruel everybody is to you. It's like in the US right now; it's illegal to be an eccentric. Maybe people would have been more understanding if you were a contemporary of Ludwig II of Bavaria, who commissioned Wagner & lived with the swans. I listen to Butterflies off your last album all the time. You are a true artist! Thanks for fighting & believing in magic, even though the rest of the world has forgotten about it.

And she wore these skirts:

mjdress1.gif

BNQi3GvHmp5wstoqdMp9uh5Wo1_500.jpg

Connections to: Michael Jackson​
During some live versions of 'I go Humble' Björk adds a Michael Jackson lyric at the end - "got to be starting something"
It is rumored that the song Alarm Call was inspired by Michael Jackson, which would make sense since the working title was '*****'.
At the 2000 Golden Globe awards, Björk wore a dress with Michael Jackson's face - all in sequins! Why did she wear such a thing? "Because he's the king!"
She also has been seen wearing another skirt like this, but in different colors.

<tbody>
</tbody>

I love Bjork and always have so I love this thread

Yeah this is pretty old. I saw her recommend We're Almost There years ago. It's always nice to see however. I find it interesting when highly respected, credible artists speak so highly of Michael - I wonder how her audience relate to that.

I'm on a very intense discovery journey in the last weeks of Björk and her art to which I sadly never really payed much attention to before.
I am absolutly blown away, mezmarized and touched from what I have found so far.!
This two genious sound so differntly but seemed to have on the other hand a lot of things in common in their personnal!
For me at the moment its like when I would imaigine a fruit pie that represents everthing I was ever searching for in music and artists that I would try to cut in peaces, then MJ woud present 35 percent of it, Björk also other 35 percent of it, 20 percent all other artists in history I have alredy listened too and 10 percent everthing which will be created in the future.
Björk and MJ completed the pie / each other like ying and yang cause their brillian art is so differently but on the other hand its difficult to cut them cause they have important things in common and belong together in this beatiful pie.

There is often the question which artist MJ fans whould have loved that he had worked with and I would choose Björk over everyone!
This would sound absolutly amazingly beatiful and very special!
Their voices fit perfectly together.

So I want to reanimte this thread to share more things about MJ and Björk.
Can you please share more things they said about one anouther?
I could not really find anything in the internet.
Did they ever meet each other personally or talked on the phone together?
Where can I now find the video which was posted before?

Last edited:
ManBehindTheMirrOr - Dona;4270621 said:
I'm on a very intense discovery journey in the last weeks of Björk and her art to which I sadly never really payed much attention to before.
I am absolutly blown away, mezmarized and touched from what I have found so far.!
This two genious sound so differntly but seemed to have on the other hand a lot of things in common in their personnal!

Long time Björk fan here. I wasn&#8217;t aware they admired each other, but makes complete sense to me. Make sure to check out her movie &#8220;Dancer in the Dark&#8221;.

&#8220;Selma is a Czech immigrant, a single mother working in a factory in rural America. Her salvation is passion for music, specifically, the all-singing, all-dancing numbers found in classic Hollywood musicals. Selma harbors a sad secret: she is losing her eyesight and her son Gene stands to suffer the same fate if she can't put away enough money to secure him an operation. When a desperate neighbor falsely accuses Selma of stealing his savings, the drama of her life escalates to a tragic finale.&#8221;

[video=youtube;53vr9EiOH7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53vr9EiOH7g[/video]

Enjoy your Björk journey! :)

ScreenOrigami;4270647 said:
Long time Björk fan here. I wasn&#8217;t aware they admired each other, but makes complete sense to me. Make sure to check out her movie &#8220;Dancer in the Dark&#8221;.

&#8220;Selma is a Czech immigrant, a single mother working in a factory in rural America. Her salvation is passion for music, specifically, the all-singing, all-dancing numbers found in classic Hollywood musicals. Selma harbors a sad secret: she is losing her eyesight and her son Gene stands to suffer the same fate if she can't put away enough money to secure him an operation. When a desperate neighbor falsely accuses Selma of stealing his savings, the drama of her life escalates to a tragic finale.&#8221;

[video=youtube;53vr9EiOH7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53vr9EiOH7g[/video]

Enjoy your Björk journey! :)

Thank you. Glad to meet you here. When i am through her albums, videos, the most of the interviews on a satisfactory level, the the film is the next on my list!
Which are your three favorite albums, videos and interviews of björk?

aah I found this video yesterday were Björk talked about Michael in a show about her favorite songs in 1997!
It is at the end of the video and very sweet!

[video=youtube;CDALaNA4MZo]https://youtu.be/CDALaNA4MZo[/video]

Last edited:
Back