Children who were Michael's friends

InvincibleMJ

Proud Member
I'm going to collect positive interviews and quotes by Michael's LOYAL friends in this thread for you to use and discuss. Michael's cousins, nephews and nieces will be included too.

Michael had a lot of children who were his friends for years and didn't turn their backs on him for money greed or for 15 minutes of fame. I think haters tend to ignore them because they don't serve their agenda since it shows Michael had no other interest in those children but innocent friendship. They ignore the girls who spent time with Michael and also the fact in 100% of the cases Michael had a relationship with the whole family with no greater interest in one kid over their siblings. These children who are now adults say they remained in touch with him when they grew up. I think it's absurd people act like they don't exist since these people are the significant majority of the children who were in touch with Michael over the years. I know the haters who don't ignore them find ridiculous excuses for why they didn't speak, but these people actively defended him and some spoke for him under oath. They could have said nothing.

Good idea:

11006463_10205967471529872_4577611743447457800_n.jpg

LAURA CHAPLIN: REMEMBRANCE
"Michael Jackson came three times to the mansion, he was like a child"

"I was about 12 years old when Michael Jackson came to the mansion. Subsequently, he called me almost every day to chat. He sent me incredible birthday gifts. Huge cartons. I went up on stage with him in Geneva. He was a great friend of the family. " During his first visit, MJ had landed by helicopter in the garden of the domain. "I was pretty impressed," said Laura. The King of Pop, too, but the big dogs. "We had nine dogs and he was afraid. We had to lock them up before it happens. "At the time of eating, seeing the big table, Jackson sat down with the children. "He was very shy. He was doing pirouettes in the garden. We played the PlayStation. He was a great kid. "Smile", composed by my grandfather was one of his favorite tracks "

Also the Chaplins offered their help to Michael in 2004. Patricia Chaplin is Charlie Chaplin's daughter-in-law.

2w6c6sy.jpg

Brett Barnes of course. (Bless his soul - he always has to fight off haters who are harrassing him constantly trying to get him turn on Michael).

<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Brett Barnes @IAmBrettBarnes · Five years have gone by, but time hasn't made the sadness go away. I miss you Applehead.

This is what he wrote when Wade's allegations came out:

Brett Barnes @IAmBrettBarnes · I wish people would realise, in your last moments on this earth, all the money in the world will be of no comfort. My clear conscience will.

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Kellie Parker from Moonwalker

[video=youtube;zs7OT0Lgjic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zs7OT0Lgjic[/video]

In a CineVegas Podcast with Vincent Paterson, after a Moonwalker screening in 2009 she said:

Pbxooh.jpg

Kellie Parker as a child with Michael Jackson

Kellie: &#8220;It&#8217;s hard&#8230; (losing composure, pauses) I&#8217;ll always feel that way. I&#8217;ll always be waiting for him.&#8221;
Steve Friess: &#8220;As I understand it you remained in contact with Michael up until very recently.&#8221;
Kellie: &#8220;Yeah. I remained very close with Michael for about ten years. Then after that I continued to stay in touch with him but not as regularly, every couple of years and then I did actually see him a couple of weeks before he passed away.&#8221;
Steve: &#8220;What was the occasion?&#8221;
Kellie: &#8220;I was working on a show he came to see, sort of randomly&#8230;&#8221;

Kellie: &#8220;I do know that in his life he would struggle with being so well known, that was sort of a constant struggle throughout his life. But I do have to say, I spent a lot of time with Michael alone on set, he and I had a lot of scenes together and he taught me so much. He was so dedicated. We would go through &#8211; before we even shot he and I would spend sometimes like half an hour together just improving, &#8217;cause he was so committed to it.

[&#8230;]

&#8220;Michael was magic, pure and simple. He was a man who believed in the goodness of mankind and embodied pure unconditional love for the world. I am so sad on so many levels. For the loss of an innovative genius and who was music and dance personified, for the loss of a man who loved the whole world and touched so many lives, but mostly, for me personally, the loss of a friend that I loved so dearly.

Most people don&#8217;t know about how close I was to Michael for many years following &#8216;Moonwalker/Smooth Criminal&#8217; because I was never one to exploit that, even to this day I rarely talk about it, for that was a friendship that I honored and respected as private. I feel compelled at this time though, to speak of my amazing friend, as a witness to his life, and the gentleness of his soul.

He taught me so much, both as an actor and as a person, he continually inspired me to reach beyond my boundaries. He and I spent a great deal of time, one on one, while filming &#8216;Moonwalker.&#8217;

I remember that he told me once to never rush an emotion, that everything in life has a rhythm, and that it is the pauses and silences that speak the truth. He understood this better than anyone, he had a way of quietly inspiring everyone around him to be better than ever thought they could be. He helped so many, and inspired us all.

Michael believed in Magic, he believed that we could change the world, and he had such unconditional love that when you were around him, you couldn&#8217;t help but believe it too. He is intertwined in all of who I am, I became a dancer because of him, I became an artist because he inspired me to dream, and a writer because he taught me the power of moving people through words and actions. I love you my friend, and I know you are in a better place, we were blessed to have you for as long as we did.&#8221;

Thank you for started this thread it brought tears to my eyes. That why ppls took the one things that was so pure to Michael heart and turn it against him and that was the children Michael love them so much he could never hurt them and to see these lies come out it just broken my heart. It time to hear from the children who love and care about Michael Jackson.

Just reading these stories just bring tears to my eyes i can't stop crying.

[h=1]Nephew: Michael Jackson was my 'support system' when molested[/h]By Alan Duke, CNN
Updated 1207 GMT (1907 HKT) May 17, 2013

130516185054-taj-jackson-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg
Taj Jackson, nephew of Michael Jackson, attends a probate hearing for Michael Jackson's estate in Los Angeles in 2009.

[h=3]Story highlights[/h]
  • Taj Jackson reveals he was sexually abused as a child
  • "Even your own relatives can be molesters of children," Michael Jackson wrote
  • Taj Jackson's Twitter postings defending Michael Jackson against Wade Robson's charge
  • Taj Jackson: "I KNOW Wade is lying. Because I AM a survivor"

Michael Jackson's nephew revealed Thursday that when he was molested as a child, Jackson "was a support system for me and my mom."
Taj Jackson, 39, claimed he was a child sex abuse victim in a series of Twitter messages posted in response to Wade Robson's televised claim that Michael Jackson molested him. "I will not let them smear my Uncle's legacy," he tweeted.
Robson, a dancer who frequently visited Jackson's Neverland Ranch as a child, called Jackson "a pedophile and a child sexual abuser" in an interview Thursday on NBC's "Today Show." He said Jackson "performed sexual acts on me and forced me to perform sexual acts on him" from ages 7 to 14.

Apparently Taj Jackson, one of three sons of Tito Jackson, posted a series of Twitter messages in defense of his uncle, Michael Jackson.

"I hate that Wade made me do this, this way," Taj Jackson tweeted. "But since my uncle Michael is no longer here to defend himself. I will."
"I am writing these words knowing that the minute I press send, my life will never be the same afterwards," he tweeted, before claiming in another tweet that he was sexually abused as a child by a relative.

• [h=3][/h]

Michael Jackson "was a support system for me and my mom," he tweeted. "He wrote a letter to her that many have seen already, u just didn't know what it was about."
He posted a photo of that handwritten note from Michael Jackson to Taj's mother Dee Dee Jackson:

"Dee Dee, Please read this article about child molestation and read it to Taj, T.J. and Taryll. It brings out how even your own relatives can be molesters of children, or even uncles or aunts molesting nephew or nieces. Please read. Love MJ."

It was his own childhood experience that qualified him to question Robson's accusations, he said. "That is how I KNOW Wade is lying. Because I AM a survivor."

Robson, now 30, denied in testimony at Jackson's child molestation trial in 2005 that he had been molested by the singer. Jackson was acquitted, partly based on the testimony of Robson, his sister and his mother. Tom Mesereau, the lawyer who successfully defended Jackson in the trial, said he was one of his strongest witnesses.

Robson said Thursday that his denial was the result of Jackson's "complete manipulation and brainwashing" of him.
"Don't forget I was living at Neverland when Wade testified during my uncle's case," Taj Jackson tweeted. "I sat there and ate dinner with him and his family."
Robson, who filed a creditor's claim against Jackson's estate this month, insisted in the NBC interview he was not now coming forward because of money. "The idea that I would make all of this up and put myself, my wife, my son, my entire family through this extremely stressful and painful experience all for the sake of money is completely incomprehensible," he said.
Taj Jackson's tweets challenged Robson's explanation. "What people will $ay and do for money and to $tay relevant is $ickening. De$perate times call for De$perate mea$ures. I will not sit back and let someone flat out lie about my uncle. PERIOD."
"I always told my uncle Michael that I would take a bullet for him," he tweeted. "I mean it today just as much as I meant it back then."
Taj Jackson's brother T.J. Jackson was appointed as a co-guardian of Michael Jackson's three children last year.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/16/showbiz/taj-jackson-sex-abuse/

<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>First reactions to Wade's lawsuit

People lie even ones who you don't expect will do anything for a quick buck. Unfortunately others have to suffer for ones greed.
&#8212; Austin Brown (@AustinBrown) May 8, 2013

<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>​
Tired of the LIES. Disgusted by the BETRAYALS. Sick of people selling out 4 MONEY. Where is the love? Where is the loyalty #peoplearenogood
&#8212; Taryll Jackson (@tarylljackson) May 8, 2013

Dementia has come at a early age for W.R.His false claims are sick&pathetic http://t.co/x7BvUuYw6v M.J was NOT a phetophile.Please let him R.I.P
&#8212; Frank Cascio (@fdcascio) May 8, 2013

I couldn't find a link to Brenda Harvey's original post (Lionel Richie's ex wife and Nicole Richie's mother)

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>Brenda Harvey Richie &#8207;@BrendaRichie 9h KARMA is HELL People! All the lies being told about Michael are going to come back and bite all of you in the A%S!

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Thank you respect for jumping in :)

Taj's note from Michael:

article-2325747-19D28969000005DC-722_634x497.jpg

"Dee Dee please read this article about child molestation and please read it to Taj (and his siblings) ... it brings out how even your own relatives can be molesters of children, even uncles or aunts molesting nephews or nieces. Please Read. Love MJ"

Frank Cascio:

&#8220;In Bashir&#8217;s interview, Michael was shown holding Gavin&#8217;s hand and telling the world that kids slept in his bed. Anyone who knew Michael would recognize the honesty and innocent candor of what he was trying to communicate. But Bashir was determined to cast it in a different light&#8230;

What Michael didn&#8217;t bother to explain, and what Bashir didn&#8217;t care to ask about, was that Michael&#8217;s suite at Neverland, as I&#8217;ve said before, was a gathering place, with a family room downstairs and a bedroom upstairs. Michael didn&#8217;t explain that people hung out there, and sometimes they wanted to stay over. He didn&#8217;t explain that he always offered guests his bed, and for the most part slept on the floor in the family room below. But, perhaps more important, he didn&#8217;t explain that the guest were always close friends like us Cascios and his extended family.

One of the biggest misconceptions about Michael, a story that plagued him for years following the Bashir documentary, was that he had an assortment of children sleeping in his room at any given time. The truth was that random children never came to Neverland and stayed in Michael&#8217;s room. Just as my brother Eddie and I had done when we were younger, the family and friends who did stay with Michael, did so of their own volition. Michael just allowed it to happen because his friends and family liked to be around him.

What Michael said on Bashir&#8217;s video is true. &#8220;You can have my bed if you want. Sleep in it. I&#8217;ll sleep on the floor. It&#8217;s your&#8217;s. Always give the best to the company, you know.&#8221; Michael had no hesitation about telling the truth because he had nothing to hide. He knew in his heart and mind that his actions were sincere, his motives pure, and his conscience, clear. Michael innocently and honestly said, &#8220;Yes, I share my bed, there is nothing wrong with it.&#8221; The fact of the matter is, when he was &#8220;sharing&#8221; his bed, it meant he was offering his bed to whoever wanted to sleep in it. There may have been times when we slept up there as well, but he was usually on the floor next to his bed, or downstairs sleeping on the floor (in the family room that was part of his bedroom suite). Although Bashir, for obvious reasons, kept harping on the bed, if you watch the full, uncut interview, it&#8217;s impossible not to understand what Michael was trying to make clear: when he said he shared his bed, he meant he shared his life with the people he saw as family.

The bottom line: Michael&#8217;s interest in young boys had absolutely nothing to do with sex. I say this with the unassailable confidence of firsthand experience, the confidence of a young boy who slept in the same room as Michael hundreds of times, and with the absolute conviction of a man who saw Michael interact with thousands of kids. In all the years that I was close to him, I saw nothing that raised any red flags, not as a child and not as an adult. Michael may have been eccentric, but that didn&#8217;t make him a criminal.

The problem, though, was that this point of view wasn&#8217;t represented in the documentary. Listening to Michael talk, people who didn&#8217;t know him were disturbed by what he was saying, not only because his words were taken out of context but also because Bashir, the narrator, was telling them they SHOULD BE disturbed. The journalist repeatedly suggested that Michael&#8217;s statements made him very uncomfortable. Michael was quirky enough without the machinations of a mercenary newshound, to be sure, but there&#8217;s no doubt that Bashir manipulated viewers for his own ends. His questions were leading, the editing misguided. As I watched the broadcast, it seemed to me that Bashir&#8217;s plan all along had been to expose Michael in whatever way he could in order to win the highest ratings he could for his show.&#8221;

Cascio family

[video=youtube;8E-pmUppNJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E-pmUppNJQ[/video]

[video=youtube;uzFR2aga5GE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzFR2aga5GE[/video]

Nicole Richie in November 2003:

Nicole, in particular, supported Jackson against the charges of improper sexual behavior with children. To that end, she offered tales of her own childhood romps at Jackson's Neverland Ranch, during which she often slept in Jackson's bedroom. "“You know, a group of us would all sleep in the same room,” she said. “It was like, absolutely nothing more than just…an adult kind of wanting to be a kid again. Just, you know, enjoying the company of children. I grew up with him. I have spent many evenings there and many days there." Noting that she could "only speak for myself," she still added "that absolutely nothing went on.”

Nicole also said that she wouldn't have held her tongue had Jackson tried anything with her. "I'm not a quiet person,” she said. “If there was something going on, I'd be like 'who are you?’… and I'd tell my parents. But my parents would never put me in hands that they thought were dangerous. I never had any complaints, and you know, I love him.

Source:
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/...ile-paris-hilton-blows-off-letterman-2017.php
(warning: the rest of the article is not as positive)

Brief Brett Barnes interview from 1993... I remember this interview being a bit longer but I can't find it

During Jackson&#8217;s 2005 trial, Fox News&#8217; Roger Friedman met with a family, the Newts, who told him that when Jackson&#8217;s first scandal went public in 1993, the National Enquirer offered them $200,000 to say that in the 1980s the then 11-year-old twin boys of the family had been molested or improperly touched by Jackson. In the mid-80s the twin boys, Robert and Ronald Newt Jr. were aspiring child performers, managed by Michael Jackson&#8217;s father, Joseph Jackson. The Newts explained that the National Enquirer had learned that in 1985 they spent two weeks in the Jackson&#8217;s Encino family home as guests. They approached the family and offered the boys&#8217; father, Ronald Newt Sr. $200,000 to say Michael Jackson was sexually inappropriate with his sons. Robert Newt was 18 years old in 1993 when he and his father were contacted by a National Enquirer reporter, Jim Mitteager, whom they agreed to meet with at the Marriot Hotel in San Francisco. Mitteager wanted to pay them to lie.
&#8220;He said, &#8216;Say he grabbed you on the butt. Say he grabbed you and touched you in any kind of way,'&#8221; Newt said. &#8220;He told us he took all these people down. Now he was going to take Michael down. That he would really destroy him. He told us he took all these other famous people down. All the major people that had scandals against them. He said, &#8216;We take these people down. That&#8217;s what we do.'&#8221; [&#8230;] &#8220;My dad said these dudes are offering this money to take Michael Jackson down. And the guy [Mitteager] said, &#8216;Say he touched you. All you have to do is say it. But you might have to take the stand. You might have to go on &#8216;Oprah&#8217; in front of all these people. You have to be prepared for this thing. Just say it. And we&#8217;ll give you money,'&#8221; Newt said.&#8221; [1]
According to Friedman, the Newts had evidence of their story, the contract that was given to them by Mitteager and signed by David Perel, who was the editor of the tabloid at the time. The Newts refused to sign the contract and told the tabloid that they were not willing to accuse Jackson of anything.
&#8220;The contract, written as a letter, says it&#8217;s an agreement between the tabloid and the Newts for their exclusive story regarding &#8220;your relationship with and knowledge of Michael Jackson, and his sexuality, your knowledge of Michael Jackson&#8217;s sexual contact and attempts at sexual contact with Robert Newt and others.&#8221; [1]
According to Robert Newt, Mitteager knew nothing had happened but wanted them to lie nevertheless:
&#8220;He didn&#8217;t care! He was like, &#8216;Just say it and we&#8217;ll give you the money.&#8217; And I was like, &#8216;He [Jackson] never touched me!&#8221; Newt said. &#8220;He [Mitteager] was really fishing and really digging. Think about it &#8212; most people you say it to, &#8216;We&#8217;ll give you this money,&#8217; even [if it&#8217;s not true]. And they&#8217;d take it.&#8221;
[&#8230;] &#8220;He was trying to coach me &#8212; if I decided to take the money, what would happen. He said &#8216;You know, it&#8217;s going to be a huge scandal. You&#8217;ll probably have a lot of people not liking you. You&#8217;re going to be famous!&#8217; But to me, you&#8217;d be ruined. And the truth is Michael didn&#8217;t do anything even close to trying to molest us.&#8221; [1]
Friedman had another piece of evidence, independent from the Newts, to back up their story: Mitteager had a habit of taping his conversations. After he died, his tapes were handed over to private investigator, Paul Barresi. Those tapes, according to Friedman, included Mitteager&#8217;s negotiations with the Newts. The Newts&#8217; story is not unique and could be considered the norm in the media&#8217;s handling of the allegations against Michael Jackson. In 1993, Jackson&#8217;s cousin, Tim Whitehead disclosed to Geraldo Riveira&#8217;s television show that he was offered $100,000 by a tabloid to say Jackson was gay. In the same episode, television show actor Alfonso Ribeiro, who as a child in 1984 appeared in a Pepsi commercial with Jackson (and who is best known for his role as Carlton in the Will Smith sitcom, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air) told that his father &#8220;was offered $100,000 by a tabloid to say anything negative about Michael Jackson&#8221;. Whitehead and Ribeiro firmly stated that they never saw Jackson act sexually inappropriate with any child and they never felt uncomfortable around him. [2]

http://michaeljacksonallegations.com/the-medias-role-in-the-allegations-against-michael-jackson/

Yes, Macaulay has never turned his back on Michael. I think it's a pic in 2012, "I liked Michael Jackson before he was dead."

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
tumblr_mjm176HD1c1rr4s3yo1_500.jpg
[/FONT]

Lala Romero

Michael called me, after a surgery I had & invited me to the set of his video for "The Way You Make Me Feel". Here's what stood out about the day, the biggest super-star in the world made me feel like the super-star. In the middle of all his hectic-ness he would come see me, take pics with me & make sure I was good between takes!!

At 5 yrs old I sat & watched him shoot, take after take in this warehouse in San Pedro CA. He introduced me to everyone, his sister Latoya was there, his co-star, that beautiful girl he was SO shy to kiss Tatianna. Even at that young age I was very aware of how gracious & kind he was with EVERYONE on set. Looking back now I remember he was sooooo excited that all of the extras were real ex bloods, crips, gang members from LA. I remember him being so excited about giving them ...
a chance to shine & a new opportunity.

We sat in his trailer, I remember telling him I wanted to be a singer when I grew up & gave him pics of me from my dance recital. I remember eating with him & him being the very first vegetarian I had ever met! I was like u don't eat meat??? I was so confused!! Lol. Man writing this, thinking about this day & all the rest of the times I spent with him makes me smile!! As a lil girl I never really grasped how famous he was, honestly I think that's why he loved hanging out with me!

To me & all the other kids, he was just a fun, crazy, silly guy, who sang our most favorite songs. I love him for being the most honest, pure heart I have ever known for showing me video shoots, recording studios, & concerts, up close and personal, making my dream seem possible. I was there in it, seeing it happen, he brought me into a world I would have never known existed without him. A lil girl from Van Nuys CA. I can't even begin to count the ways he changed my life. He helped create my dream. Records like Homegirlz & Sadgirl I know he would be proud of, he was always ALWAYS about giving back!! I miss him everyday & can't believe he is gone."

http://lalaromero.com/archives.cfm/date/2010/6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0mkTl_y6oo

The media never want to hear any of these good stories that why Michael always said to the media make it postive and they never did.

I remember that picture of the little girl who went to sleep and her parents try to wake her up to meet Michael she would not wake up and Michael just held her. This picture was on the forum i was on. I think the thread was called do you have any Michael Jackson stories and this was her story. When her parents try to wake her up to meet Michael she was so tried he came and she miss him that why they took the picture.

myosotis;4080642 said:
Dave Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En5Q4syywcw

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/En5Q4syywcw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

From William Van Valin's book Private Conversations in Neverland:

DAVID ROTHENBERG

One day Michael phoned and said, &#8220;I want to know if you&#8217;d like to bring your family up for dinner. I have a friend here that I&#8217;d like you all to meet.&#8221; I always knew when he said that
sort of thing that it was bound to be something interesting and
that I would be glad I&#8217;d done it afterward. I told him that we&#8217;d
be happy to come. He said, &#8220;First I need to ask you something.
Do you think your children would be upset by meeting someone
who has some deformities from an accident?&#8221; I told him &#8220;Michael
I can assure you, my children will treat this person as if they had
no deformities. I&#8217;ve taught them from a very early age that you
never say anything to anyone that would hurt them. Especially
about things they can&#8217;t help. But I will tell them about this before
we get there.&#8221; Michael said &#8220;Good. Then I&#8217;d like you to come out
for dinner to meet David Rothenberg.&#8221; By this time, having been
to the Ranch so frequently, we were usually waved on through
rather than stopping to sign in. This visit was no exception and
upon arrival we parked out in front of the house. Although I had
told Michael many times that he didn&#8217;t need to, he always had
the maids and cooks lined up outside the front door to greet us as
we entered the house. Michael insisted that this was protocol and
they were always to follow it. I told him &#8220;Really, I already know
everyone by name since I&#8217;m out here so often. I feel kind of guilty
for making them drop what they&#8217;re doing and stand out here and
greet us.&#8221; Michael replied, &#8220;You mustn&#8217;t feel bad. It&#8217;s one of the
things that I pay them to do.&#8221; Anyway, going to the house was
always a treat. It was a lovely assault on all senses. Through the
front door we turned to the left through the dining room. Two steps down the opposite end was a large fireplace that faced a bar making up the south side of the kitchen. On this night, Michael&#8217;s guest was sitting to the right of the fireplace. Michael looked at us and said, &#8220;You guys, this is David Rothenberg&#8221; and he introduced us one by one. Greetings went around my family. The kids ran off to do their own thing around the house leaving Criss, Michael, and me to talk with David. I imagine there are pictures out there of David for those who want to see him but suffice it to say he had been ravaged by flames at some point in his life. What I remember clearly now was that there was a long tuft of hair on the back of his head and there was a young girl, apparently a cousin of Michael&#8217;s, who was meticulously braiding the tuft while David told us about his day at the Ranch.
When we all sat down to dinner, Michael turned to him and asked, &#8220;So, David did you paint today?&#8221; David replied, &#8220;Yes, I did. I think I did some of my best work ever.&#8221; Michael said, &#8220;Good. I need you out there painting every day that you&#8217;re here. I want you to express yourself.&#8221; David assured him he was.
Later in the evening Michael and I went out by the lake where he had an easel and paints set up and he showed me some of David&#8217;s paintings. They consisted of stick figures and V&#8217;s for birds. Michael told me, &#8220;I don&#8217;t care if he doesn&#8217;t become a great painter. I just think it&#8217;s important for him to do this while he&#8217;s here. I always want to keep him occupied.&#8221;
I asked Michael, &#8220;So, how did you and David meet?&#8221; Michael said, &#8220;Well, when he was quite young, his father spread gasoline on him and set him on fire. The reasons don&#8217;t matter. And actually there are none. Anyway, he ended up living through it and I&#8217;ve kind of watched him through the years. Not long ago, I read in the paper an article saying that David Rothenberg tried to commit suicide. He was despondent over not being able to get a job. So I sent for him. One of my drivers went and got him and brought him back to the Ranch. When he got here, I told him that I had heard what had happened. David told me that it was true and he was just depressed &#8216;because who would hire someone that looks like me?&#8217; I looked at him and said, &#8216;I would. I want you to work for me. Would you do that? &#8217; David said, &#8216;Yes. I would like that.&#8217; So I put him to work.&#8221; I asked Michael, &#8220;Did you really have a job for him?&#8221; He said, &#8220;Not really. I kind of made one up.&#8221; I asked, &#8220;What was it? What did you have him do?&#8221; He said, &#8220;I give him letters or packages and I have him take them to other cities telling him that it&#8217;s important that they be mailed there. So for example, I send him to Los Angeles or San Diego and tell him to mail something when he gets there. I gave him a car to take him everywhere he wants to go and he has a place to call home. He&#8217;d lost his sense of purpose and I wanted him to know he had one.&#8221; I never saw David again after that and I never asked Michael what happened to him. I now know, from old news stories, that when David was six back in 1983 his father, Charles, who was in a custody fight with David&#8217;s mom, Marie, set him on fire and burned him over 90% of his body. There&#8217;s a video on YouTube in which David, who changed his name to Dave Dave (which to me sounds like a name Michael would&#8217;ve given him), told Larry King just before Michael&#8217;s burial in 2009 about Michael&#8217;s kindness to him &#8211; which Dave said began when he was just seven years old and which his mother had always kept a secret. Dave told King that Michael opened Neverland to him and provided emotional support and was like a father he never had.

Talking about Sean Lennon. This story from Mark Ronson is pretty relevant to us, because now Robson/Safechuck are trying to portray MJ in a totally different way regarding porn:

[h=1]Ronson: 'Jackson Hated Watching Porn'[/h]by WENN | 22 June 2008
Tags: Mark Ronson - Michael Jackson

Producer Mark Ronson once tried to make his childhood pal Michael Jackson watch porn - but the pop superstar hated the experience and wasn't amused.
Ronson, whose father Laurence was a band manager, used to spend his time in the company of John Lennon's son Sean and Jackson as they were growing up.
The trio would frequently have sleepovers - but when Ronson and Lennon used to switch over the TV to the pornography channel, Jackson was left cringing with embarrassment.
He recalls, "It's a weird story, but I didn't touch him. We (Ronson and Lennon) used to watch the porn channel because we were like 10 and, 'Oh my God, tits!' So Michael was in bed. And me and Sean said, 'Michael do you want to see something cool?'
"We turned the dial to the porn channel and there were strippers shaking their tits around. We were like, 'Michael, Michael, how cool is this?' We turned around and he was cringing, saying, 'Ooh stop it, stop it, ooh it's so silly.' We were like, 'Michael, you have to look, maybe you're not seeing it right, it's naked girls!'
"He was not down with the programme whatsoever! I think he had really strong feminist views on porn."
Ronson's comments were made during the taping of British gameshow the Sunday Night Project, which is due to air in the U.K. on Sunday (22Jun08).

^Indeed. Probably Michael felt more comfortable with sex/porn when he was older, since many porn magazines were found when Neverland was raid in 2003 but judging that anecdote by Mark Ronson, young minors watching naked women was a huge no, no.

Back