Dangerous [00:00 – 00:20]

Smooth Criminal [00:00 – 00:13]

Can't Let Her Get Away [00:00 – 00:17]

You Rock My World [spoken intro]

2 Bad [spoken intro]

Black or White [spoken intro]

I Just Can't Stop Loving You [spoken intro]

(official releases)

I do not agree by far. His intros where state of the art and they announced that something was coming.

I do agree about you rock my world though.

I only agree with YRMW, Black or White (on the album, it's fine in the video) and to a lesser extent 2 Bad and IJCSLY. So the spoken intros.

I think all the others are great. Michael had so many great intros.

FAN board!!!

I'm all for discussing stuff and have spoken about songs or performances I don't like as much as others, but starting threads like this I don't get.

Moaning about the first six seconds of something as glorious as Another Part Of Me.... Really?

Lets start a "The most boring & unnecessary threads" thread. :shifty:

Didn't we have a similar thread about a week or two ago?

There have been way to many pointless threads lately. I know it's slow mj news lately but I shake my head sometimes around here.

SoCav;4081285 said:
I only agree with YRMW, Black or White (on the album, it's fine in the video) and to a lesser extent 2 Bad and IJCSLY. So the spoken intros.

You only agreed to almost half of my list…

InvincibleTal;4081288 said:
Lets start a "The most boring & unnecessary threads" thread. :shifty:

I am afraid this thread you suggest includes threads that you replied to despite you found them boring & unnecessary.

I am afraid this thread you suggest includes threads that you replied to despite you found them boring & unnecessary.

Maybe, but mostly not to their boring & unnecessary point or the OP's boring & unnecessary intentions. I did after all reply to this one here.

I only agree about IJCSLY spoken intro and to a lesser extent YRMW and Bow.
Sttr and Bg new version could have been better and are waaaayyy too similar imo.

Tony R;4081286 said:
Moaning about the first six seconds of something as glorious as Another Part Of Me.... Really?

Yes, I moan about a few seconds when there are millions of fans who discard complete, officially released songs (making even their own lists)…

InvincibleTal;4081313 said:
Maybe, but mostly not to their boring & unnecessary point or the OP's boring & unnecessary intentions. I did after all reply to this one here.

No problem. You can reply to my threads as much as you want...

mj_frenzy;4081303 said:
You only agreed to almost half of my list…
I agree with 2 and can see where you are coming from but don't fully agree with 2 others.

I can't quite see any major issues with the songs listed in the OP. They've never quite bothered me.

What has? The fact that "Little Susie" doesn't start until the 2:50 mark, and everything before it doesn't interest me in the slightest. The same goes for "Will You Be There," which doesn't kick off properly until 1:47.

In the vidoe of Black or White the intro makes sense - on the album, not so much.

I think HIStory, Little Susie and Heal the World and maybe even Will You Be There - all pefect songs - Will You Be There among my all time favorites - but the intros get kind of boring really. - I never hear them, on iTunes I have even set the songs to start when the intros are over. - It kills the flow with a 2 minute long intro.

To me the intros on both Will You Be There and Little Susie belong to the song and help to build up to the song. But then I like those classical pieces as well.

Most of the intros on Invincible. They are not all bad, but most of them are too low in volume.
You turn up the volume to get the details... then the songs blasts in way too loud. :D

You Rock My World intro is terrible. Chris Tucker is really annoying in it

mj_frenzy;4081276 said:
Morphine [00:00 – 00:18]

Why You Wanna Trip On Me [00:00 – 00:16]

Another Part Of Me [00:00 – 00:06]

Dangerous [00:00 – 00:20]

Smooth Criminal [00:00 – 00:13] NO IT NEEDS TO STAY

Can't Let Her Get Away [00:00 – 00:17]

You Rock My World [spoken intro]

2 Bad [spoken intro]

Black or White [spoken intro]

I Just Can't Stop Loving You [spoken intro] NO IT NEEDS TO STAY

(official releases)

I fixed it for you...

TheManinTheMirror;4081512 said:
I fixed it for you...

The spoken intro of “I Just Can't Stop Loving You” didn’t go down at all well (at the time of BAD release) and it was removed immediately from the next pressings.

GAAD TttttTTt mee THAT GUuuuUUuuuUUuuUUurl. lol hahah

"GOODNESS GRACIOUS, UH!"

shhhhhh :doh:

The fact that "Little Susie" doesn't start until the 2:50 mark, and everything before it doesn't interest me in the slightest. The same goes for "Will You Be There," which doesn't kick off properly until 1:47.

I ... just ... :busted: wha???

I don't like the intro for Will You Be There.
It doesn't enhance the song or build it up. It's just kind of there, and then the song starts. I prefer the radio edit just for that reason. Gets right to the song.

I mean, it's lovely and all, but it's not why I like the song.

Also, I wish the rain at the beginning of SIM was louder. Its too low and then I bet most people for the first time turned it up and then was like GAAH when the beat came in.

I don't like the intro for Will You Be There.
It doesn't enhance the song or build it up. It's just kind of there, and then the song starts. I prefer the radio edit just for that reason. Gets right to the song.

I mean, it's lovely and all, but it's not why I like the song.

Also, I wish the rain at the beginning of SIM was louder. Its too low and then I bet most people for the first time turned it up and then was like GAAH when the beat came in.

Ha! Agree with second part of this!

In fact I was thinking about this thread the other day, and I think it's a generation thing.

I.e. This argument only makes sense when people are used to not listening full albums and are more used to shuffle or playlists.

When you play Dangerous in full, every second is crucial on Will You Be There and Dangerous.

Same for HIStory with Little Susie etc...

But on shuffle they may seem unnecessary, for example when I put WYBT on a playlist I use the edit.

Also SIM is difficult in a playlist like you say because of the low volume rain, but this works on the album because is symbolises the washing away of the hatred and vitriol of the first two tracks and is cleansing before he bears his soul to us.

Exactly, which is why I wish the rain was actually audible. I should just edit my mp3 and make that part louder :D

Even though I agree some intros are long.

I must admit now MJ is dead I now we will never get a long intro again. - And if we does it is not MJ's vision (unless he has left behind instructions!) - and it really makes med sad.

Even though it can be a little boring now for the 10.000's time I hear the song. - But I can actually remember listening to HIStory for the first time - so extremly exited - and the long intro in History and Little Susi build up my exitement. Then the song started and it was like no other music released...

I mean how many releases a song like WYBT - first a long beautiful intro - and then maybe the best song ever released. - The build up is genius - the intro.

We will never get another MJ song with one of those genius MJ intros... - That's a sad thought really.

Ha! Agree with second part of this!

In fact I was thinking about this thread the other day, and I think it's a generation thing.

I.e. This argument only makes sense when people are used to not listening full albums and are more used to shuffle or playlists.

When you play Dangerous in full, every second is crucial on Will You Be There and Dangerous.

Same for HIStory with Little Susie etc...

But on shuffle they may seem unnecessary, for example when I put WYBT on a playlist I use the edit.

Also SIM is difficult in a playlist like you say because of the low volume rain, but this works on the album because is symbolises the washing away of the hatred and vitriol of the first two tracks and is cleansing before he bears his soul to us.

I never referred to these kind of intros (such as, Will You Be There, Stranger In Moscow, Little Susie, and so on) because of their special meaning.

Back