THIS IS IT! 10th Anniversary Request Thread

Zakk

Proud Member
Here you can request your ideal contents for the 10th anniversary celebrations of Michael's final creation of wonderment and genius, that was to become his comeback performances at London's O2 arena. Michael was passionate about giving his fans the greatest entertainment experience possible, and it is in this thread that i ask that you portray what kind of release you would like to celebrate this. Here is my ideal listing for a 2 Blu-Ray/2 CD Limited Collectors Edition:

* BD - Disc 1: Extended feature of the original movie, featuring alternate rehearsal dates/clothing. Also including the unseen rehearsals; 'Dangerous'/'Dirty Diana'/'Stranger In Moscow'/'Will You Be There'/'You Are Not Alone'/'Heal The World' & the band rehearsal for 'We Are The World'.

* BD - Disc 2: The Dome Project; Michael's vision coming to light, his wishes for the theatrical aspect for the residence. Brainstorming sessions with Travis: innovating new moves and ideas. Backstage; Michael describing the setting of the show, with Kenny and the crew. Behind The Scenes; Michael interacting with the dancers, backing singers & musicians. Center Staging Featurette; Early rehearsals & production. There is much more footage that can also be included, but this just acts as an example.

* CD - Disc 1:
1. Light Man
2. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
3. Jam
4. The Drill/They Don't Care About Us
5. Human Nature
6. Smooth Criminal
7. Stranger In Moscow
8. The Way You Make Me Feel (did he rehearse YRMW?)
9. The Jackson 5 Medley:
* I Want You Back
* The Love You Save
* I'll Be There
* Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough/Shake Your Body
10. Rock With You (did he rehearse this song? it's in the setlist..)
11. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
12. Dangerous

* CD - Disc 2:
1. Black Or White
2. Dirty Diana
3. Beat It
4. Thriller
5. Earth Song
6. We Are The World
7. Heal The World
8. You Are Not Alone
9. Billie Jean
10. Will You Be There
11. Man In The Mirror

Collectors Edition Exclusives:
* THIS IS IT! t-shirt with iconic pose.
* Extensive booklet with rehearsal dates, unseen photos and tributes by the crew that brought this production together.
* Ticket Reproduction.
* Program Reproduction (If the designs were set in stone.)

Discuss your opinions below and what you would like to see be included on a future release.

Last edited:
I would like too see full versions of the songs and not complinations of many dates.

I would like too see full versions of the songs and not complinations of many dates.

that's what i mean by ''alternate rehearsal dates & clothing'' as an example that complete run through's are desired by many, the gold pants rehearsals look great also. And the times he wore the bright green jacket and tight black trousers

Please no. Let it rest.
They made the best of what was available, and it still was painful to watch.
I don't want to see any material where Michael has obvious problems to get through a song rehearsal etc.

There is way better material in the vaults that they should release from times when Michael was on top of his game.

Please no. Let it rest.
They made the best of what was available, and it still was painful to watch.
I don't want to see any material where Michael has obvious problems to get through a song rehearsal etc.

There is way better material in the vaults that they should release from times when Michael was on top of his game.

Agreed. MJ will have been gone for 6 years. Still got 4 years left until This Is It turns 10. Let's worry about other releases...like Dangerous25

There is no need for such a release IMO. You don't need to re-release TII every ten years. I'd rather have the Estate focus on other eras when MJ was in it with all his heart.

There is no need for such a release IMO. You don't need to re-release TII every ten years. I'd rather have the Estate focus on other eras when MJ was in it with all his heart.

I wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion, It has already been confirmed that Michael never had a completely bad day at rehearsals. His vocals were in great form. And what do you mean every 10 years? this would be the final release, and that is why i list each song that has yet to be seen the light of day. I don't understand your attitude, THIS IS IT! was a big part of Michael's soul in those final month's, he put his all into this production and i sincerely hope we see more of his genius behind the scenes. Innovating and visualizing the masterpiece.

I just don't think it's a good idea for a release when it's been released recently and there are so many other aspects and eras of Michael's career that got a lot less attention so far. To do another TII release only 10 years after its initial release would feel like MJ had nothing else to offer, as if the Estate was forced to keep releasing the same stuff over and over again.

I personally do not have This Is It and I do not intend to either. Yes, his vocals were great and he still had it, but we all know what went on behind the scenes and to me the whole thing feels exploitive and just not right. I'd rather have releases without that bitter undertone. MJ had so much to offer, there is so much to show from him to the public. I don't think yet another TII release should be a priority.

Well i think it deserves such a release, and 10 years isn't really a short time space. i was 14 when THIS IS IT! was released, still in school. I'm now almost 20 and i'll be working full time very soon. How times change, don't know where i'll be in another 4 years tbh... I don't think 10 years is having too much exposure, yes it feels like a short space of time when you look how fresh his genius was. But there are bigger and better thing's, for example: DIRTY DIANA, how can you not be excited by this? his first time performing this song on stage since 1988. And WYBT, we already know how beautiful his voice was thanks to fans writing there experiences of standing outside the forum. Not forgetting SIM, Travis praised it highly. Time flies, but we all desire different thing's i guess.

I would love to see more from TII.

Especially the songs not included in the TII already released.

I would love much more stuff like the TWYMMF band rehearsals. - Michael showing how it should be - snapping his fingers, dancing a bit - correcting the band etc. - That really shows his genius.

More stuff like this - and if there are more rehearsals of Human Nature - I would like one full - not edited from different days. - And the break-down in the middle (the clip they showed after the credits) Where he explains how he wants it. - More of that stuff. - MJ showing his genius and his ideas - if there are a lot more footage like the MJ shows the dancers how to do the drill - that would be nice. - He just stands there chewing gum all relaxed and dancing the drill absolutely perfect... - Incredible.

I would love much more TII footage to be releaed. - SiM should be great. - If he sings live and it's as good as HN - I really wanna see it !! - Dirty Diana would be great to hear too! - and maybe especially Will You Be There if it was really sung live!!
More Man in the Mirror would be nice - maybe he sung the entire song live?? - And Heal the World? - And to hear MJ's ideas for those songs, how should he leave the stage in the plane - should he introduce the band like he did on BAD and Dangerous tour? - Should there be something special in Heal the World? - Kids on stage, a huge ballon of the world like on DWT? - I wanna hear all his ideas!

^^ Absolutely, in addition. I would love to see more of how he portrays his stage & studio performances. For example, the snippet of Don't Stop.. only 1 minute, but the insight is mesmerizing...

How great would it be, if he did in fact rehearse this & 'Rock With You' in full.

^^ if you listen closely in the clip above, you can hear ''i think i wanna rock'' and then ''you wanna try it?'' seems like they did rehearse it after all...

I love that clip, alternate rehearsal of 'Human Nature' with the lion shirt and sunglasses, he rehearsed a few song's in that attire i believe..

It could be from the same date as the beginning of the song. I'm almost sure of it.

It would be great to see more footage like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoaZS_EOy90

Michael explaining how the performance would go and rehearsing it.

I feel the same way. I love seeing him in action, pulling a performance together, even more so than the polished performance, especially now that he's gone. That's when I just see him, Michael, the man, versus Michael the performer.

A 10th anniversary is a torture. I can't wait for 4 more years! :no:

Since when does Sony things the right way?

Considering they have 20 boxes of footage, hopefully they will piece it together respectfully and shine a light on his vision

I have mixed emotions on this.. I think they would've released all the best footage on the original film. Do you really believe they would've kept back footage of an amazing live vocal of SIM or WYBT if it really existed? I would love to be proven wrong, but I just have a feeling they put the best they had in the film.

I have mixed emotions on this.. I think they would've released all the best footage on the original film. Do you really believe they would've kept back footage of an amazing live vocal of SIM or WYBT if it really existed? I would love to be proven wrong, but I just have a feeling they put the best they had in the film.

I think they had a running time limit for the film, in which they had to stick to. The footage is there, and those who reviewed the footage for the court case declared that Michael never had a bad run through. I'm sure there as great as many have said, we'll just have to wait and see.

I think they did save something yes. - Absolutely.

MJ had just died. - The KNEW they had a goldmine of footage. - They made TII on few months - and honestly if they should include SIM, Dangerous, Dirty Diana, WYBT, HtW and YANA they would need to make a 3+ hours long film.

6 songs would be at least 30 minutes - and remember some of the songs are long - so maybe it's even 45-50 minutes. - BUT they would need a little behind the song footage too. Most songs had kind of an introduction - Thriller the filming project, Smooth Criminal the same, TDCAU had the drill and the soldiers etc. - So adding all the songs would simply make the film WAAAY too long.

AND very importantly - they knew this was the last footage of MJ. - So of course they wanted to make the most money out of it. - And by releasing everything at once they do not profit the most.

They can make an TII 2 - and with soo much knew stuff they can even make it a cinematic run again - and afterwards DVD/Blu-Ray etc. - maybe even a live CD.

The more releases the more money. - And I am very sure they were very well aware of that just after he died... - Cold buisness

I think they did save something yes. - Absolutely.

MJ had just died. - The KNEW they had a goldmine of footage. - They made TII on few months - and honestly if they should include SIM, Dangerous, Dirty Diana, WYBT, HtW and YANA they would need to make a 3+ hours long film.

6 songs would be at least 30 minutes - and remember some of the songs are long - so maybe it's even 45-50 minutes. - BUT they would need a little behind the song footage too. Most songs had kind of an introduction - Thriller the filming project, Smooth Criminal the same, TDCAU had the drill and the soldiers etc. - So adding all the songs would simply make the film WAAAY too long.

AND very importantly - they knew this was the last footage of MJ. - So of course they wanted to make the most money out of it. - And by releasing everything at once they do not profit the most.

They can make an TII 2 - and with soo much knew stuff they can even make it a cinematic run again - and afterwards DVD/Blu-Ray etc. - maybe even a live CD.

The more releases the more money. - And I am very sure they were very well aware of that just after he died... - Cold buisness

It's a cold business, but they are also aware of reality. The This Is It film was a success only because the public "trauma" of Michaels death was still a fresh impression in the mainstream.
Without that momentum the same thing released today (or some sequel) and it wouldn't even be half the success.
I'm pretty sure that the released film already includes all the best scenes.
If there still are tons of great unreleased material, why do you think they saw the need to edit the released material so heavily to make it look / sound good?
And a live CD? Why? Wasn't much of the singing copy-pasted from older rehearsals etc anyway?

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but I grew up with Mike in the 90's, so even though I was going to TII in London, I'm extremely grateful to have MJ memories from before the TII period. I get that he was staging a comeback, but to me, the whole thing is just so dampened with negativity that I would much rather save my anticipation for eras when Mike was on his A-Game and doing what he still (at least from an appearance point of view) loved to do.

Last edited:
Let's not turn this into a negativity thread please, this is for the requests of the footage that fans would like to see.

I can definitely see a 10th anniversary edition of This is it being released as I imagine that MJ will be back as a main feature in the public with it being 10 years and I think Sony will capitalize on that. I hope Sony do a good job with it....

I can definitely see a 10th anniversary edition of This is it being released as I imagine that MJ will be back as a main feature in the public with it being 10 years and I think Sony will capitalize on that. I hope Sony do a good job with it....

Thank you for your support of my wish, i have sent the thread to the online team and i hope they will review it. It sure will be a treat if they cater to our desires

Thank you for your support of my wish, i have sent the thread to the online team and i hope they will review it. It sure will be a treat if they cater to our desires

I'm sorry bro but I can't understand why you want to wait for 4 more years when you can start a petition and requests for new footage asap?

Back