Do you ever get sad while listening to a particular MJ song?*

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
It can be because of various reasons, reminds you of a breakup, you were going through a rough patch, it reminds you off his passing, it speaks to you on a deeper level, you name it.*

One of the hardest songs for me to play post 2009 was For All Time. It's a bittersweet experience because that song has always been my favorite ballad but when I hear it now I always get a bit soft, esp when sings the chorus
"Maybe the walls will tumble, the sun may refuse to shine but when I say I love you baby you got to know that's for all time"

I remember also feeling very sorry for him when I first heard Stranger In Moscow.

Best Of Joy (is an example, but it is not the only one) has a devastating effect on me, and I wish I could hear her, because she is so beautiful. But I can not.

Smile.
I never listened to it really until Jermaine sang at his memorial, and now it's even sadder than before.

Mostly all of Michael's songs tends to make me sad. Which is quite understandable. Since I am still suffering from major depression over what had happen to him. The only way I can handle listening to him now. Is that I have to have a really. And I mean a really, really good day to hear him. Which sadly that is quite rare for me to have anymore.:( :boohoo Back in the Summer of last year was the last time I had that. But it really doesn't matter to me anymore. Since I prefer my Bollywood/Hindi music over him now. And listen to Bollywood songs that really reminds me of him. And the L.O.V.E. that I have for him. That is like more than enough to handle. Especially since I really can no longer call myself an MJ fan anymore. Well very hardly I still am one. But as of right now Shahrukh Khan is my MJ now. Yes I really do miss listening and watching Michael. And I want nothing more than to go back to watch and listen to him again. And just go back on being the true hardcore MJ fan that I once was. Back when we still had him. But thanks to that evil nameless monster for causing my depression. My MJ fandom doesn't even almost exist to me now.:(:boohoo

Last edited:
"I'll be there " sung live used to, almost always, make me cry (that happened even before Michael died, while watching my HIStory Tour VHS, for example)."Just call my name and I'll be there" got to me. I can't explain it...it was like he's there, but so out of reach...

'Be Not Always' me and my ex crying with each other over the phone on the night of the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics...

when I heard Will You Be There for the first time, I felt every human emotion there was.....the intro set the stage for it......my favorite MJ song since the beginning of the 90s......he was speaking to the world and it connect immediately

I'm with you on For All Time as well Themidwestcowboy. I was an only child and a product of a single parent. It's a very close memory hearing it on the radio and taping it onto cassette and just playing it over in my room on my own and having it really affect me emotionally. It still does to this day.

My friend (who isn't an MJ fan) who was also an only child and rejected by his father when he met him as a teenager for the first (and only) time confided in me the other day that he often used to sit on his bed and cry during those years with his headphones on to You Are Not Alone and think about his Dad. That broke my damn heart. Just goes to show that MJ affected anyone and everyone. I had no idea, and he's been my best friend for 6 years.

I'm with you on For All Time as well Themidwestcowboy. I was an only child and a product of a single parent. It's a very close memory hearing it on the radio and taping it onto cassette and just playing it over in my room on my own and having it really affect me emotionally. It still does to this day.

My friend (who isn't an MJ fan) who was also an only child and rejected by his father when he met him as a teenager for the first (and only) time confided in me the other day that he often used to sit on his bed and cry during those years with his headphones on to You Are Not Alone and think about his Dad. That broke my damn heart. Just goes to show that MJ affected anyone and everyone. I had no idea, and he's been my best friend for 6 years.

Wow, Very touching stories Tinnyandodd! Touching stories from all of you. It's really true, Michael affected anyone and everyone. I know people who are afraid to listen to little Susie because it creeps them out. His music was so powerful

Will You Be There and Smile if I'm in a certain mood.

Heartfelt thread indeed :cry:

I do have certain songs that really makes me :cry: like
"Will you be there" Okay, I often 'curse' myself that it wasn't enough hey to 'save' him out of this 'evil grip' :unsure:
"One more chance" is heartbreaking cause Michael didn't get that 'other' chance to shine anymore :no:

Oh, just ONE song I just can't listen to is... "This is it" really :puke:

Be Not Always on The Jacksons' Victory album, Smile, and Morphine all make me rethink life lol. Be Not Always really hits home because we often remove ourselves from the troubles that surround us simply because they're not occurring in our life or in America, myself included. So, that song is my occasional reminder that there's not only my life in this world and that the things I do need to contribute to making this place better, God-willing, as much as I possibly can.

This Is It - because it was released just after MJ passed. - Brings back all the sad emotions. - I actually like the song very much - but it almost makes me sad.

- Also I am a loser - don't know why, but it has such a sad feeling, I can't help to get a little sad.

Same goes for SiM, Be Not Always and Smile.

Actually Scared of the moon too. - But I think that's more because I was very sad back when the song was released. - Like a timecapsule it it a emotionscapsule - it brings back all the sad and bad memories. - Love the song. - One of the best from TUC with WHE.

YANA is also a song that somehow makes me feel a little sad sometimes.

Man, Earth Song can really get to me on some days and so can Will You Be There, especially the last part of those songs. I mean, Michael is just singing his heart out on those songs! He's done a great job if his goal was to move people with his music.

Someone Put Your Hand Out. I was listening to it on the home from work today. Just felt so sad.

Will You Be There... Damn it. I hate that song for making my eyes teary. Especially the MTV performance when he lets down a tear. It touches my manliness.

I am listening to Speechless at the moment. And in the end... When he says: ''Words like... like. I Love you.'' I smile when I hear that but on the other hand it's sad too...

Don't Walk Away shatters my emotions every time I hear it.

Also Much Too Soon is easily one of the most tragically beautiful songs he's ever written.

I can't listen to Gone Too Soon without crying a river, now I rarely listen to it. Also it happened with Smile but started to listen to it again last year.

Ah, how could I forget about Man in the Mirror at the end of This is It (maybe it's because I don't watch This is It up until the end anymore since then) - Michael's image on the huge cinema screen. Even my best friend, who's not a fan, cried!

Ah, how could I forget about Man in the Mirror at the end of This is It (maybe it's because I don't watch This is It up until the end anymore since then) - Michael's image on the huge cinema screen. Even my best friend, who's not a fan, cried!

Oh I remmeber that part so well. The image freezes and the text comes in, "Love lives Forever" and then he fades out.. I was expecting him to come back for the encore as he always does for MITM but that was the end. Sad indeed

Gone too soon
Morpine
Sranger in Moscow
Scream
Give In to me
More.. theres many

One Day In Your Life, Will You Be There

I'll Come Home To You - It's such a touching song! you got the intro and then "Let this love lift you up..." :cry:

I could go through different stages of emotions from sadness ,to uncontrollable tears to peak of a smile ,hearing 'one more chance ' some one In the dark.

"Little Susie" and "Someone In The Dark" always make me wannna cry. "Someone In The Dark" makes me really sad because I can just hear the lonlieness and sadness in Mikey's voice :cry:

"Childhood" makes me pretty sad too for obvious reasons...

Every time i listen to Michael i feel nostalgic. He died way too young and every time it happens (someone dying young) there's some sadness about it.

"Whatever Happens" is the song that sounds the most desperate to me: the lyrics and tone with which he sang it made me think that Michael was begging for someone to hold his hand and to stand strong with him.

After going through a fairly intense few months of depression, "We've Had Enough" was the song that made me break down. The chorus was powerful enough to shock the emotion from me.

Back