How many different versions of the “BAD” album really exist?

mj_frenzy

Proud Member
Country
Greece
I know that MJ was not highly satisfied with the final outcome of the first “BAD” album release and although he was touring at that time he was still working on correcting that album.

As a result, every new album pressing (during that period) included changes.

(apart from “Leave Me Alone”)

I believe that is true. All new pressings were changed to alternatives or 7" edits.

Who'sBAD;4081923 said:
I believe that is true. All new pressings were changed to alternatives or 7" edits.

I would love to hear all these different mixes of the “BAD” album some day…

I really want to hear the songs that were pitched in their original pitch. I think TWYMMF & Bad were pitched because of the way they sounded later on in his tours, even though he obviously pitched down TWYMMF for 30th Anniversary/TII for obvious reasons.

Eulonzo;4082296 said:
I really want to hear the songs that were pitched in their original pitch. I think TWYMMF & Bad were pitched because of the way they sounded later on in his tours, even though he obviously pitched down TWYMMF for 30th Anniversary/TII for obvious reasons.

“…the uptempo tracks recorded for the “Bad” album were originally around nine minutes in length and required some major trimming for the album. Once trimmed, the edits were sped up by 6% before being made public. The purpose of speeding the mixes up was to bring more excitement to them. As a result Michael’s voice sounded ever so slightly higher on the final album versions. Brad preferred the originals, pre-speeding them up.”

Brad Sundberg, “In The Studio With Michael Jackson” (seminar)

But isnt TWYMMF 30th Anniversary live?

I shall definitely be requesting 'The Original Studio Masters' in an email to the online team very soon

But isnt TWYMMF 30th Anniversary live?

Only the intro, and the part ''give it to me, give me some time.. come on be my girl.. i want to do it right, come on give it to me..'' if i recall correctly

I have a cassette version of the BAD album where you can see part of Michael's legs on the front cover. Wonder what version that album is? Original?

I have a cassette version of the BAD album where you can see part of Michael's legs on the front cover. Wonder what version that album is? Original?

the long CD also shows part of Michael's leg, but i have the special edition CD & 3 copies of the vinyl (1 sealed, 1 mint, 1 used)

SkyWalk;4082343 said:

I think the cover you are referring to is the most common on the BAD cassette (because of the technical dimensions of a cassette’s cover).

Zakk;4082345 said:
the long CD also shows part of Michael's leg, but i have the special edition CD & 3 copies of the vinyl (1 sealed, 1 mint, 1 used)

All the CD long boxes (long sleeves) are among the rarest MJ items because they were eliminated due to their environmentally wasteful character.

All the CD long boxes (long sleeves) are among the rarest MJ items because they were eliminated due to their environmentally wasteful character.

Yeah, when Bad came out I had the choice of both boxes and annoyingly I close the 'normal' box.

Back