Best adlibs

analogue

Proud Member
Man In The Mirror (Live) - 'Stand up for my brother, stand up for my sister''

Working Day And Night (Live) - ''I ain't working! I'm tired of you, and I quit my job, working everyday, oh 9 to 5. You're doing wrong, you're doing bad. What time is this girl? Oh 9 to 5''

Beat It (live) - ''Stay by yourself, don't get it wrong, you wanna party''

What are you're favourites?

Are we talking about adlibs in live performances or just in general?

Definitely Man In The a Mirror Live. Remember the time has awesome adlibs, as do Who Is It, Superfly Sister and Xscape

Michael was the king of ad libs. All his ad libs were awesome.

My current two live favourites..

Billie Jean (Wembley)
"You know what you did baby"

TYWMMF (This Is It)
"Come on give it to me"

From record, then Who Is It has best ever. Plus Smooth Criminal's "I don't know/dad gone it baby" and TDCAU "we're deep in the fire, I'm here to tell you".

You're actually correct, it is ''Dad gone it baby'' and i agree, wonderful ad libs

Yes I am, just checked the lyrics in the CD booklet.

In your face Respect77 ;)

Well, the booklet is not always correct. ;)

Michael said "doggone" in a lot of his ad libs.

Is it spelled 2 words? I always heard it dadgonne it. Like dadgummit. Guess that's the same.

Yes two separate words.

Love the lyrics in the Bad booklet, every Whoo and Ow! is in there.

Yes, his adlibs are fantastic! I love the ones on Who Is It, Will You Be There, and You Are Not Alone. I especially like the adlibs from his Earth Song World Music Awards 1996 performance.

I Just Can't Stop Loving You (Live at Royal Brunei) - ''In the morning, in the evening, in the night time baby'' and ''Brad what ya gonna do? What are ya gonna do?''

I Just Can't Stop Loving You (Live at Royal Brunei) - ''In the morning, in the evening, in the night time baby'' and ''Brad what ya gonna do? What are ya gonna do?''
:). I love when the ad libs are part of the stage direction like this. Brad, Pecky , Eddie-

MITM on bad tour. Was always varied. The same, but different.

Earth Song @ Royal Brunei. What about it??

IJCSLY from This Is It. Omg, when he did those high notes at the end

All of the Bad album, all of the Dangerous album. Basically almost every song he's ever done. He was the king of adlibs.

Always felt the WMA's ad libs of "Earth Song" were by far better than the Brunei ones. They are less croaking and more voluminous at the World Music Awards '96.

Superfly Sister is an adlib-masterpiece

Was just gonna say this. The ad-libs in the breakdown. "You doin' it! Ya 'dirty! Keep doin' it!" I don't know if that's accurate but yeah, love that. I could picture him going crazy during that part had he done it live.

At Victory Tour 84 and Dangerous Tour 92/93, At the end Of Bille Jean "You know ya ain't , you know your kind , because you are, you are just a silly girl. "

I was just listening to tell me I'm not dreaming. Mj kills the ablibs at the end. It makes the song.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Michael's incredible 15 second cameo at the end of 3T's I Need You. In those 15 seconds he manages to transform the entire song to a whole other level.

I recall reading an interview from one of the 3T brothers about being moved to tears when MJ just came out with those ad-libs on the spot in the studio. Anyone have the exact quote?

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Michael's incredible 15 second cameo at the end of 3T's I Need You. In those 15 seconds he manages to transform the entire song to a whole other level.

I recall reading an interview from one of the 3T brothers about being moved to tears when MJ just came out with those ad-libs on the spot in the studio. Anyone have the exact quote?

I think it was, "We were moved to tears when MJ just came out with those ad-libs on the spot in the studio"

:)

And yes, you're right, it suddenly transforms the song

Just for curiosity-what was Michael's first ad lib?? Was it "just look over your shoulders, honey? ""Or "siddown, girl"? Or back earlier??
(I'm not near my records).

Back