“Another Part Of Me” [Studio Footage from Recording Session]

it is from japan documentary of Captain EO

Their's already a thread that discussed this same footage. Plus, EO was an independent project

Their's already a thread that discussed this same footage. Plus, EO was an independent project
But they're working on a song that ended up on the album here. I think that's exactly the type of stuff that would be great to see in these documentaries.

Footage like this is just priceless. I wish we had a little bit more context as to what MJ and Matt are exactly working on (and of course that there'd be much more footage). They are discussing the transition into the pre-chorus ("we're sending out...") here. The idea Michael hums at the end, which is repeating the final bar of the verse once instead of going directly into the pre-chorus, is not in the Bad album mix of the song. It did make it into the Captain EO version of the song though. You can hear it at approx 40 seconds in this clip:

Little insights like this into how the songs evolved are just fascinating. Sadly, we don't have too many of them. The only other one that comes to mind now is the 1988 Bad Tour rehearsal of Smooth Criminal, where Michael seems to come up with the "you've been hit by *bam bam*, you've been struck by *bam*, a Smooth Criminal" ending that he would come to use in the live version of the song spontaneously. Fantastic stuff.

But they're working on a song that ended up on the album here. I think that's exactly the type of stuff that would be great to see in these documentaries.

Footage like this is just priceless. I wish we had a little bit more context as to what MJ and Matt are exactly working on (and of course that there'd be much more footage). They are discussing the transition into the pre-chorus ("we're sending out...") here. The idea Michael hums at the end, which is repeating the final bar of the verse once instead of going directly into the pre-chorus, is not in the Bad album mix of the song. It did make it into the Captain EO version of the song though. You can hear it at approx 40 seconds in this clip:

Little insights like this into how the songs evolved are just fascinating. Sadly, we don't have too many of them. The only other one that comes to mind now is the 1988 Bad Tour rehearsal of Smooth Criminal, where Michael seems to come up with the "you've been hit by *bam bam*, you've been struck by *bam*, a Smooth Criminal" ending that he would come to use in the live version of the song spontaneously. Fantastic stuff.

Yes! We need more stuff like that!

Seriously, I would sit there and watch hours upon hours of this type of footage from recording sessions.

One day, it shall happen. One day...

Lets hope so. This kind of material is pure gold.

Does anyone know if Michael recorded his Dangerous and HIStory sessions in the studio on tape?

Doggone;4083657 said:
Does anyone know if Michael recorded his Dangerous and HIStory sessions in the studio on tape?

I think the only available “Dangerous” session is this:

[video=youtube;eyCdsu27OXY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyCdsu27OXY[/video]

mj_frenzy;4083728 said:

Now that I think about it we have zero footage of him in the studio from, Off The Wall, Thriller, Dangerous, History (though there is the footage of him in the studio talking about Tabloid Junkie and the childhood footage but that isn't available yet to the public), and Invincible except for that 1h tape that was sold on Ebay some years ago but has yet to surface. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

mj_frenzy;4083728 said:

I so want to see more of this.

Now that I think about it we have zero footage of him in the studio from, Off The Wall, Thriller, Dangerous, History (though there is the footage of him in the studio talking about Tabloid Junkie and the childhood footage but that isn't available yet to the public), and Invincible except for that 1h tape that was sold on Ebay some years ago but has yet to surface. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

To be honest, I cannot be sure about the exact quantity of the studio footage that was really recorded.

To be honest, I cannot be sure about the exact quantity of the studio footage that was really recorded.

There's nothing wrong about the quantity. recording engineers and producers have said that there are hours upon hours of studio footage from all the eras, save maybe off the wall.

Back