My ideal "dangerous", History" and "Invincible" albums... what is yours ?

loka

Proud Member
Dangerous (11 titles only)

-Black or white
-Why you wanna trip on me
-In the closet (radio edit)
-Remember the time
-Heal The world
-Jam (radio edit)
-Who is it
-Give in to me
-will you be there
-Gone too soon
-Dangerous

History (9 titles only)

-Scream
-TDCAU
-Stranger
-DS
-Earth song
-Blood on the dancefloor
-Tabloid Junkie
-Is it scary
-Morphine

Invincible (10 titles)

Unbreakable
Heartbreaker
You rock my world
Break of down
Speechless
2000 watts
Butterflies
What ever happens
We've had enough
Xscape

Re: My ideal "dangerous", History" and "Invincible" albums... what is yours ?

What a massacre you've made! ;) I would never want to re-do his albums so drastically. There may be the odd song here and there which I feel could be replaced by another, but for the most part I like the albums as they are.

Some changes I would be happy with...

I would put Do You Know Where Your Children Are on Dangerous in place of She Drives Me Wild (car horns don't really do it for me). And I'd just omit CLHGA completely. I do love some of the other Dangerous outtakes (especially Someone Put Your Hand Out and Monkey Business), but couldn't really imagine any of them sitting alongside the other tracks on the album stylistically.

With HIStory, it's almost perfect. I would just take off Come Together. I know some fans want Morphine on the album, but I like BOTD as a separate EP, so I'd be happy with HIStory as a fourteen track album.

With Invincible, I would make the most changes, which is no slight against the album, it's just that 1998-2001 produced the best outtakes. I think the first half is perfect, except I would replace the title track with Xscape. The second half could do with some landscaping. I would switch 2000 Watts for Shout. And then replace Don't Walk Away with Chicago and Cry with We've Had Enough.

Dangerous. The only song I do not really like from the album is Can't Let Her Get Away. So leaving that off or switching it for Do You Know Where Your Children Are (though it's a totally different sound, so DYKWYCA would rather be on the second half of the album, not on the new jack swing half).

HIStory

Morphine instead of This Time Around. Is It Scary instead of D.S. Omitting Come Together.

Invincible

Omitting: Invincible, You Are My Life, Privacy, 2000 Watts.

Dangerous. The only song I do not really like from the album is Can't Let Her Get Away. So leaving that off or switching it for Do You Know Where Your Children Are (though it's a totally different sound, so DYKWYCA would rather be on the second half of the album, not on the new jack swing half).

HIStory

Morphine instead of This Time Around. Is It Scary instead of D.S. Omitting Come Together.

Invincible

Omitting: Invincible, You Are My Life, Privacy, 2000 Watts.

Hmmm, interesting choices.

Even if you don't care for D.S. musically, I think it is an important song on the HIStory album and it would be weaker without it. Same goes for YAML on Invincible.

I agree that DYKWYCA sounds very different to the rest of Dangerous, but that's all down to production techniques. If Teddy Riley had worked on it circa 1990-91, I'm sure it could've slotted in nicely onto the album. And it fits with the other socially conscious songs, such as Jam and Why You Wanna Trip On Me.

Wouldn't touch a hair on Dangerous's head.

Wouldn't mess much with History, either. Probably lose D.S. But then again it fits with the albums theme.

Obviously I'd overhaul Invincible dramatically.

Dangerous would be left alone. Only change for HIStory would be that Come Together would be removed for Someone Put Your Hand Out. CT would have been featured on Bad25 (long version of the song btw).

For Invincible I'd do this:

1. Unbreakable
2. Shout
3. Break Of Dawn
4. 2000 Watts
5. On The Line
6. Blue Gangsta
7. Butterflies
8. Xscape
9. Speechless
10. Chicago (She Was Loving Me)- Rock Version
11. Don't Walk Away
12. Whatever Happens
13. Threatened
14. We've Had Enough

The track would have quite a bit of difference, and would feature 2 less tracks then the original. The new title track would be Whatever Happens.

I wouldn't make many changes to Dangerous. Maybe just Do You Know Where Your Children are for Can't Let Her Get Away. For All Time in for Gone Too Soon is also a possibility.

My ideal HIStory album would be a single disc, renamed This Time Around, with the following tracklist:

1. Morphine
2. They Don't Care About Us
3. Stranger In Moscow
4. This Time Around
5. Earth Song
6. D.S.
7. Money
8. In The Back
9. Little Susie
10. Childhood
11. Tabloid Junkie
12. 2 Bad
13. On The Line
14. Smile

My Invincible album would be renamed Unbreakable and would look like this:

1. Unbreakable
2. Heartbreaker
3. Speechless
4. A Place With No Name
5. Rock My World (no spoken intro)
6. Butterflies
7. Break Of Dawn
8. She Was Loving Me
9. Hollywood Tonight
10. Whatever Happens
11. We've Had Enough

Last edited:

Personally, I wouldn't change anything on any album--Michael released it the way he wanted it.

But if I had to choose, HIStory would be re-named On the Line:

1. Scream
2. They Don't Care About Us
3. Stranger in Moscow
4. Shout
5. Earth Song
6. Blue Gangster
7. Fall Again
8. You Are Not Alone
9. Come Together
10. Childhood
11. Tabloid Junkie