Your Favorite Interviews!

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
I love the interviews he did in his later years! He wasn't as shy as before and he had this anodyne aura and was just really cool.

I Love this one. So up and close
[youtube]UvKwAXSVRU8[/youtube]

This one is great too
[youtube]T99MomX3W7Y[/youtube]

Another great one
[youtube]BUdJ8AIBVZY[/youtube]

I really liked his look during that interview in 1999 (New York):

I like the ones you posted Themidwestcowboy and Prime Time Live even though Diane Sawyer was a total bitch, I think Michael was very focused (well, most of it) and honest. His answers were great, I like his chemistry with Lisa Marie there and I like the part at the studio

My all time fav

«Unauthorized Interview» [1983]

[video=youtube;he5nO3ccAv8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he5nO3ccAv8[/video]

:hug:

I love the Ebony Jet interview in 1987. That's my favourite interview, it covers all the bases. I love all the questions about the Bad album. MJ is so cool and polite in the interview, he's so down to earth.

The Oprah Interview has always been my number 1 favorite interview. It was the first MJ interview I ever saw. I was 13 when it was shown on tv. Back in February of 93. And that interview made me L.O.V.E. him more than I already did at the time. Plus it was also that interview that had cause me to have this obsession with his song Who Is It. And it was also my first time of seeing Neverland. Which cause me to fall instantly in L.O.V.E. with the place. I have other tv interviews that he did on blank video tapes. Which I have taped myself. But I don't like them nearly as much as I do. With the Oprah interview. The whole entire theater scene is my most favorite part about that interview.

His interview with Access Hollywood where he's in Ireland working on new music. Mid 2000's.

Last edited:

And that tells everything about the media.

Well, OK, I actually liked the Ebony 1987 and 2007 interviews as well. There were some other good ones too but I felt that most of the time the media were too focused on his private life and missed great opportunities to ask him about his music, the way he creates etc.

madisonMAD;4085542 said:
My all time fav

This is my favourite too. He was just so charming and unique. Such a gentle soul :)

The 1999 MTV interview is one of my absolute favorites, I love how excited is Michael there talking about the creative process of his songs and short films.

Also I love the 1996 vh1 interview answering the fans questions. He's frank, straight forward, they didn't ask him stupid questions and he looks gorgeous.

Last edited:
Bad Ebony and:
Barbara Walters Interview 1997

Also the 1997 Molly Meldrum interview.

Last edited:
I haven't seen most of these, so thanks all who posted.

I adore the BAD Ebony interview, because he seems to be really relaxed with Daryl, the reporter, who is also asking really intelligent, serious questions and obviously loves the album. I'll post it here, since it hasn't been done already.
(I also love how Frank is off camera making him laugh)

But I think my very FAVORITE of all time interview with Michael is the one with Sylvia Chase when "Off the Wall" started to hit big. It's an interview, but it's also a little artist retrospective for mainstream America to re-introduce Michael, who had more or less disappeared since the Jackson 5 left Motown. People still thought of him as the darling child singing "Ben." He didn't really disappear, of course, because if you were like me and adored variety shows, you got to see him and his brothers in all the best ones, including their own during the summer of 76/winter of 77.

PS-I love this so-I watch it at least once a week. :wub: I hope Spike includes this in the OTW doc-

The Oprah and Barbara Walters interviews are among my favs.

I also like this one, in which he talks about the joys of being a father:

Bad Ebony and:
Barbara Walters Interview 1997

Also the 1997 Molly Meldrum interview.

I remember taping the Barbara Walters interview. I still have it on tape of course. I remember staying home from school that day. I was 17 at the time. Because I had strep throat. And as sick as I was feeling that day. He very quickly made me feel better. By looking so very sexy that day. Especially by wearing that outfit he had on that day.

madisonMAD;4085542 said:
My all time fav

This Interview is so great! Love the moves he did in the beginning and the tidbits we got about the unreleased songs Pyramid Girl, Buffalo Bill and Peter Pan.

But I think my very FAVORITE of all time interview with Michael is the one with Sylvia Chase when "Off the Wall" started to hit big. It's an interview, but it's also a little artist retrospective for mainstream America to re-introduce Michael, who had more or less disappeared since the Jackson 5 left Motown. People still thought of him as the darling child singing "Ben." He didn't really disappear, of course, because if you were like me and adored variety shows, you got to see him and his brothers in all the best ones, including their own during the summer of 76/winter of 77.

[video=youtube;O2hMPdexJRg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2hMPdexJRg[/video]

This is also one of my favs! It was the calm before the storm, before he went on and took over the world.

Back