Top 10 unreleased songs

Psychoniff

Proud Member
What are you guys top ten 'unreleased' songs. 'Unreleased' meaning songs that were never officially released on any studio album.

1. Cheater
2. Sunset Driver
3. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (2010 version)
4. Serious Effect
4. Monkey Business
5. In The Back
6. Streetwalker
7. All In Your Name
8. Don't Be Messin' 'Round (too bad it's so unfinished but it had great potential IMO)
9. On The Line
10. Scared of the Moon

^^ What about Somone Put Your Hands Out?

In no order

Cheater
For All Time
If You Don't Love Me
Scared Of The Moon
Days In Gloucestershire
Beautiful Girl
Price Of Fame
DYKWYCA
Someone Put Your Hands Out
We've Had Enough

1. Someone Put Your Hand Out
2. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
3. Got The Hots
4. Beautiful Girl
5. The Way You Love Me
6. Sunset Driver
7. Hot Street
8. We've Had Enough
9. In The Back
10. Niteline

I do have other favorite unreleased songs besides these.

1. Someone Put Your Hand Out
2. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
3. Got The Hots
4. Beautiful Girl
5. The Way You Love Me
6. Sunset Driver
7. Hot Street
8. We've Had Enough
9. In The Back
10. Niteline

I do have other favorite unreleased songs besides these.

Oh, a lot of Thriller outtakes I see :)

1. Someone Put Your Hand out
2. Beautiful Girl
3. Hot Street
4. Free
5. Fly Away
6. Serious Effect (on constant repeat for me lol)
7. Carousel
8. The Way You Love Me
9. On The Line
10. Cheater

1. For All Time
2. We've Had Enough
3. On The Line
4. Streetwalker
5. Price Of Fame
6. Shout
7. She Got It
8. Hotstreet
9. State Of Shock & There Must Be More To Life Then This- with Freddie Mercury
10. People Of The World

Oh, a lot of Thriller outtakes I see :)

Well yeah. There were a lot of good Thriller era songs that I really like. That should have been on the Thriller album. Especially the song Got The Hots. That is one of my most favorite songs of his. And I still can't understand why that song was left off the album. When that song is just so great and so addicted to listen to.

Yes, how could you? ;) greatest Thriller era track OF ALL TIME :D

I disagree, there's just something about it... The first time I heard it I was like "GOD DAMN" it would have exploded had it been released in the early 80's

Thriller is an album where I am pretty pleased with the song selection for the album compared to the outtakes. Considering how strong the album is, some of the outtakes from that era are just surprisingly "meh". Very generic 80s songs that would have aged very badly by now, so I'm glad they were not selected for the album. I agree that Got The Hots is better than most outtakes from that era though. Maybe it could have replaced some of Thriller's weaker tracks, but to me it's definitely not up there with such legendary tracks as Billie Jean, WBSS, Beat It or Human Nature.

Also I would have made OTW a 9 track album and had taken out Girlfriend/Burn This Disco Out and would place Sunset Driver there instead

Also I would have made OTW a 9 track album and had taken out Girlfriend/Burn This Disco Out and would place Sunset Driver there instead

That I agree with. I have a soft spot for Sunset Driver. When I see Daft Punk etc. thriving on the charts these days I think Sunset Driver could still blow up to become a great hit with a touch of modern production (but without ruining or disrespecting the original concept). Same with Cheater.

That I agree with. I have a soft spot for Sunset Driver. When I see Daft Punk etc. thriving on the charts these days I think Sunset Driver could still blow up to become a great hit with a touch of modern production (but without ruining or disrespecting the original concept). Same with Cheater.

Sunset Driver is a classic. Brings back many great memories :)

...and WBSS maybe? He recorded it during that era. Shows how he was ahead of his time, considering that WBSS was a post-disco song.

Ironically he recorded WBBSS during the OTW era. AMAZING how ahead of time he was considering that it's primarily post-disco song.

In no particular order:

In The Back
Someone Put Your Hand Out
I Am A Loser
Hollywood Tonight [Demo version]
On The Line
Fall Again
People Of The World
Free
Abortion Papers
Carousel

1. Chicago (Updated Version)
2. Beautiful Girl
3. I'm So Blue
4. Hollywood Tonight (Updated Version)
5. Days in Gloucestershire
6. Loving You
7. Sunset Driver
8. Best of Joy
9. A Place With No Name (Updated Version)
10. Al Capone

I would have left it a 10 track album, it was the perfect length....but I agree with taking out Girlfriend. Sunset Driver would fit just fine on that album.Might have to shuffle the track listing around, maybe put She's Out Of My Life after Off The Wall, then go into Sunset Driver...kinda separates the upbeat tracks a bit.

Thriller is an album where I am pretty pleased with the song selection for the album compared to the outtakes. Considering how strong the album is, some of the outtakes from that era are just surprisingly "meh". Very generic 80s songs that would have aged very badly by now, so I'm glad they were not selected for the album. I agree that Got The Hots is better than most outtakes from that era though. Maybe it could have replaced some of Thriller's weaker tracks, but to me it's definitely not up there with such legendary tracks as Billie Jean, WBSS, Beat It or Human Nature.

Yeah I totally agree with this. Even made a thread about this not too long ago.

Back