Thriller (Remake - 2015)

Zakk

Proud Member
Have to say, i'm not excited. But i will post it anyway.

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=360f58fe0f06ec3f3a94bd560be28954&oe=55C6C490

<div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/MichaelJacksonBrasil/posts/816576568418420:0" data-width="500"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite="https://www.facebook.com/MichaelJacksonBrasil/posts/816576568418420:0"><p>| THRILLER NOS CINEMAS! |Em janeiro desse ano noticiamos que a Sony Entertainment e Columbia Pictures em colaboração...</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/MichaelJacksonBrasil">MJ Beats : Michael Jackson Brasil</a> on <a href="https://www.facebook.com/MichaelJacksonBrasil/posts/816576568418420:0">Wednesday, May 6, 2015</a></blockquote></div></div>

''THRILLER (REMAKE) IN CINEMAS!
In January this year we reported that Sony Entertainment and Columbia Pictures in collaboration with MJJ Production would recreate '' Michael Jackson's Thriller '' to the big screen.

And it looks like the classic remake earned a release date: June 20, 2015 with the premiere Chamber of Commerce in the Italian city of Imperia. With the direction of Kenny Ortega, we were summoned to the production of short Luke Aschero and Marcella Coslovich; choreographers Travis Payne, Adam Sevani hip-hop choreographer and actor of the movie Step Up Movie and supervision, Jamie King, former choreographer of the Prince and Madonna, and the Cirque Du Soleil show and Michael dancer during the Dangerous Tour.

The aim of the project entitled '' THRILLER 2015 '' is raising funds for hospitals and orphanages and help the people of Haiti. There are no information about the world premiere, but the second was found that the short film could win a special in the US television network CBS.

More information soon.''

Omg I hope this will be released in Europe and in the US too!!

All I want for this short film is an extended making of on Blu-Ray... Including the video of course

I do wish Hollywood would stop making remakes of things. What was wrong with the original video? I'd go watch it in a cinema if they re-released it!

Yeah i was gonna say why a remake, theres nothing wrong with the orginal and at the end of the day Michaels version will always be better. Yes it would be nice to have a re-released on dvd and defo blu-ray.

How can you have "Michael Jackson's Thriller" without Michael Jackson? These corny + cheap knockoff 'remakes' do not work, especially in this capacity. Man, that video is so influential and huge to culture. Why mess with it? It'll only drive more people to the original, much better version.

I agree Dam2040. I was like, Thriller without Michael? Really?

:shout: Some things are better left as they are and MICHAEL JACKSON'S THRILLER is one of 'em.

I can only imagine the lead role. :ermm:

Last edited:
I wouldn't treat this like confirmed news though. It's a little suspicious. could be fake.

Last edited:
Why? A video like Thriller cannot be re-made without its star, Michael Jackson.

I'm not necessarily against remaking of films as different filmmakers can offer different perspectives. Although with some films - specifically the ones I consider 'perfect' - I don't see how any remake can bring something new while giving justice to the original. Thus I'm not for remakes of those (I'm looking at you Psycho and Rear Window). In saying that, you can't remake Thriller to the level of the original without Michael Jackson.

In addition, this picture proves absolutely nothing. I was actually tempted to quickly remake this document in Microsoft Word and change 'Thriller' to 'Bad' and go 'look! They're doing Bad as well!'. It'd likely be just as authentic as the document in that picture. Only problem is I'm too lazy and don't wanna waste paper :p

I honestly wouldn't worry too much. This isn't proof until The Estate/Sony announce the thing or we see something more credible.

Last edited:
What remake! 4k-discs are around the corner and we don't even have Thriller short film on Blu-ray

It's a total shame! Especially if you see the the HD footage on the BAD 25 documentary. ?

And you know, they say that the colors of the film get degraded as time goes by. I hope John Landis is preparing something

With today's techniques and possibilities they can manage to restore it close to the original print. Take the bluray remastering of E.T. For example. The sky is the limit.

I certainly hope that the estate is prepping a bluray release of Michael Jackson, since he deserves it.

Well, if this re-make will be made with videos and ideas from Michael&#8217;s This is it Thriller, it will be a nice tribute.
As far as I remember Michael wanted to make some video for Thriller &#8230;

But anyway, it would be nice addition to the bluray quality original Thriller.

This from the same group who said the Sony email leaks discussed a theatrical release of the History tour when they did not.

I am not interested in a remake of Thriller. The better product would simply be a BluRay release of the short film AND its making of. The best product would be a proper Thriller era (Michaelmania) documentary (as it deserves) that would accompany the Thriller short films on BluRay along with the making of Thriller.

I want a 5.1 release. I wish they never scrapped it when they were working on the SACD

MJVibe claimed that the original short film was coming to cinemas in 3D sometime soon...

^Me too. A 3d version is a waste of money. But it would be cool to have it run at the theater between movies this October.
I saw Halloween decorations out already yesterday!! :(

It might be a waste (just many many times can we beat Thriller to death?!) but there are two reasons I would actually go see it:

1) Thriller on the big screen. That's just cool.
2) In 3D - while I don't like modern cinematic 3D, that's something that I'm sure Michael would have gotten a huge kick out of, and so I'm willing to check it out.

Reasons I don't like the idea:

1) The cinematography doesn't really lend itself well to 3D, as that was never its intention. IMO the only sequence that would be really cool with it would be the zombie reveal forced-perspective, and the end scene in the house with all the zombies attacking.

2) SERIOUSLY, STOP IT. Let Thriller GOOOOOOOO let it goooooo Just let it goooooooooo. Thriller is like that friend that always invites himself everywhere and because he has social anxiety and because he's always butting in to everything, no one ever gets a chance to extend a real invitation and so he gets butthurt and just keeps butting in places and showing up and is rude to the server. But at the house parties? Hell yeah, he's so much fun, that's why people put up with him.

Maybe the basic is the aldeady filmed tii video which look good and is os bonus feature at the tii bluray. This will be great!

barok232;4150363 said:
BUMP!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fashioniconz.com/john-la...or-thriller-in-3d-and-with-a-different-ending

| Thriller 3 D is coming! |
The Classic short film '' Michael Jackson's Thriller '' will be reprinted in 3 D format! The Director John Landis currently works in the conversion in three dimensions and beat in recent interview to a Spanish station '' We will have a new ending ''.
There is no information on the release date but if it happens, we'll see thriller 3 D in October during the celebration of the Halloween Party (Halloween) in the USA.
http://www.vertele.com/…/el-director-de-thriller-desvela-s…/

Yasssssssss!
This sounds SO cool.
I wonder how they're going to shoot a different ending though....

*still hopes for Dangerous25*

A new ending? They will need to be VERY careful how they go about that.

Thriller is as close to perfection as anyone can get in the music video field. Why change it?

If it's done right, it could be wonderful.

Due to my strong personal convictions, I wish to stress that I no way endorse this film.

What sense does it make to release Thriller in cinemas in 3D while it's lenght is just approx. 15mins? Who will go to cinema just to watch 25mins of advertisements and 15mins of Thriller... it must be something bigger coming than just remake itself.

Back