The Road To Neverland

Dunk96

The Queen HBIC
This is the first Michael fan fiction I wrote in the span of seven months starting in March 2014 and concluding in December. It was intended to be longer than ten chapters,but since there was a long break in between writing I decided to wrap it up at ten chapters. This story actually was based off childhood dreams I had about Michael but a little less romantic lol.
PROLOGUE:
It is July of 1992. I just graduated from UCLA with a major in business managing.
I also became apart of Michael Jackson's world the same month, becoming his business consultant on his "Dangerous World Tour", which just started last week in Munich, Germany. Now, how does a"plain-Jane" like me get the job of the century with an international superstar? I guess it was just...fate.
Chapter One:
Okay...rewind. My name is Jesse Fontana. I was born July21st,1968 in a small, quaint town just an hour south of Los Angeles. The town is so small in fact that most people in the state of California have never heard of it. I'm not kidding, either. Our only major place in our town (besides our police station and mayor's office) is the school, which is three stories high; the first floor is for elementary, the second for junior high, and the third is high school. We lived in a 423-person town, so about fifty kids went to the same school for twelve years. I had a pretty good home life. My parents have been together for twenty four years, which is quite remarkable in modern society.
I grew up an only child, so my parents did anything and everything for me no matter
what it was. Music has always played a huge role in my life,and I grew up listening to every genre imaginable: rap, pop, rock, heavy metal,
country, classical, etc. One artist particularly was my favorite: Michael Jackson. Everything about him was
just perfect: his voice, his body, his smile, his eyes, his dancing...everything. I even had a huge nerdy
crush on him, which I still have today. Now, how did I get the job with him? Well, I didn't tell you what my parents do for a living... My mother works as a security guard for major hotels in Los Angeles, and my father works as an executive at Pepsi, who had sponsored Michael and his brothers on their Victory Tour and his Bad Tour, as well as a current sponsor for the Dangerous Tour.
My dad received calls from Michael's management, who asked if he knew anyone
who had business management skills. "My daughter actually just graduated from UCLA with a degree in business management. She's young, but she definitely knows what she's doing. "So, luck has it, my dad convinced the "big-wigs" over in Michael's management
to hire me! I was trembling in excitement, because this was a lifelong dream come true. At long last I finally get to meet Michael Jackson!!!!!
Chapter 2:
I had never been more excited in my life that I had this prestigious opportunity, but again, I had to keep myself professional and calm,but on the inside I was screaming at the top of my lungs. The first day I met him was June 15th,and he was getting packed up to go to Germany for the first date of the tour. I drove the three hour drive up to Neverland to meet him and his team up there. Ringing the call box made me feel so professional as I drove up to it. "Hello?" a woman's voice called over the box. "Yes, I'm here for Mr. Jackson. I'm his new business consultant, Jesse Fontana." I replied. She clicked off and the box beeped. The gates of Neverland opened up for my car and I drove through. I drove slowly so I could admire the beautiful scenery. The animals were around everywhere, and I heard a train behind me. It was definitely not what I'd imagined it to be. As I was driving up I saw a black SUV parked right in front of what seemed to me to be a house. I admired at the gracefulness of the architecture. A bulky man walked up to my front car door and opened it. "Ms. Fontana, it's a pleasure to meet you." he said. "Thank you very much." I responded. "I'm one of Michael's bodyguards.He seemed excited to hear of your arrival. He's an interesting business man. By the way my name's Dale Masterson." "Alright then. If you want, you can call me Jesse", I replied. All of a sudden I heard a door open and out steps Michael. He was wearing a red shirt, black fedora, black pants, and his famous loafers. "Ms. Fontana, it's such a pleasure to meet you." he said, as if there was light coming from his eyes. "Mr. Jackson it's such an honor to meet you. I've been a lifelong fan and I just graduated from UCLA." I replied, shaking his hand. "Now your name's Jesse, right?" he said. "Yes it is." I replied with a smile on my face. He went up and whispered in my ear, "You can call me Michael." I buckled my knees so I could prevent myself from fainting. "I'm just getting packed up to head to Germany. Are you set for this adventure?" he said. "Just about, I have a couple other small things to finish and I'll be good for the 22nd." I replied."Great. I've been practicing this show for a
long time. I think it'll be one of my best." he said."I don't doubt that at all." I said, with a little giggle. Michael also giggled a bit, which made me way more comfortable. He took my hand and said "Let me show you around."
Chapter 3:
Michael and I walked up to his front door, which was like out of Architectural Digest magazine: absolutely astounding. He opened it up and I was in sheer awe of the beauty of his house. I had never "ooh"and "ahh"-ed so much than at that point in time. It was nothing I'd seen in my entire life. "This is the most beautiful house I've ever seen." I said, still in shock. "Thank you. I've always dreamed of something like this, especially as a young boy." he replied. We kept walking and he gave me an entire tour of his house. It was definitely amazing to see this. Out of the blue, Michael turns and asks me, "So have you ever had a boyfriend?" The question threw me off my tracks instantly. This was Michael Jackson asking me if I've ever been in a relationship."I-I-uh-em-erm-um-gah-um-er." was my response until I finally just spilled it out. "I had one boyfriend. We dated for six months, but we broke up over something stupid." "Oh okay. I've had a few relationships, but I want to try to keep them on the down low, since I'm such a ginormous celebrity." he responded. "That's totally understandable." I said, my cheeks completely red and the color drained from my skin. All of a sudden, Michael grabbed me by the small of my back and laid one on me. I was in utter shock, but this was a childhood dream come true!He pulled away after a few seconds. "Oh my gosh I am so sorry." he said, blushing. I was completely speechless. Here was Michael Jackson, the biggest celebrity on Earth, my idol and my lifelong crush and he literally just made out with me! I said nothing for two minutes and he asked
if I was okay. "Huh? Oh...yeah. I'm fine. I-erm...I'm gonna head home. I'll see you later." I said. Before I could turn to leave, he grabbed my arm and he put a Post-It note in my hand. "What's this?" I asked. "It's my phone number. I don't give it out to many people,but I trust you with it. You're the first person I feel alive with." he responded. I was in shock, but I still stayed calm. "Alright, well then do you want me to call you tonight?" I asked, with an internal trembling."Yes! By all means please do. Let me know then if you're done packing so we'll be good for the 22nd." he replied. I walked out and Dale was standing at my front car door. He politely opened it and let me in. I put my seat belt on and shut the door. I drove off and the entire drive home I was screaming at the top of my lungs. I couldn't even focus on anything else except him. By the time I came home it was about 8 pm. My mom and dad were on the couch watching TV. I ran upstairs to my room and started packing for the tour.I brought a calculator, an empty binder to keep track of Michael's financial documents over the course of the tour, a label maker to label said financia ldocuments, and many other things of that nature. After I was done, I took the Post It note out of my pocket and grabbed my phone.
Chapter 4:
I dialed the number written on there and a man with a deep voice answered. "Hello?" the man asked. "O-oh. I'm sorry I must have the wrong number." "Whose this?" the man asked. "This is Jesse Fontana." "Oh, Jesse!" the man said in shock. "I'm so sorry, it's Michael. I sometimes have a deeper voice." "Oh okay. Wow you scared me for a second." I responded. Michael giggled over the phone."I'm all packed up for the tour. I just have one question to ask however." "Yes?" he said. "What time do
you want me to wake up the 22nd?" I asked."Umm...I'd say about 6 am." he said. "But I won't rush you. We won't be leaving until 10 that morning." "Okay. I'll see you then" I responded. "Wait!" he said. "What? Is there something wrong?" I asked, innocently. "No, I just wanted to hear your voice." he replied. "O-oh that's very sweet. I-er-um-I have to go to bed. I'll talk to you soon." "*sighs*
Okay. Good night." The next couple days went by in a flash and before I knew it the 22nd was here. I woke up at 6am,took my suitcases downstairs, and got ready. It seemed to go extremely fast getting ready. Like a road runner took over my body and I was rushing, but it seemed like nothing at all. I was out the door by 7:45 and was told by Michael the day before to meet at LAX Airport, so I drove all the way to LAX and was there by 9. I took my suitcases out of my trunk and three of Michael's security guards grabbed them and me and we went a back way. I was told at that point that Michael was already on the plane, which was his own private plane. I stepped onto the plane and was amazed by the interior of the plane. I didn't stop walking to realize that Michael was right in front of me and I accidentally bumped into him. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry Michael." I said, stunned."It's fine, Jesse. Don't even worry about it." he replied. The plane was flying from LAX to London, then from London to Germany, in between a two hour stop. I was given a window seat by one of Michael's security guards, but Michael had other plans. "Why doesn't Jesse sit next to me?" he asked. "I don't see why not." his security guard replied. He got me up after I'd taken a quick nap and sat me next to Michael. It was seriously an out-of-body experience.
Chapter 5:
Michael took my hand in his and held it and the thought swarmed through my head," Oh my God. This is my childhood of loving Michael Jackson and wanting to marry him coming true. Not that I would marry him this fast, but this hand-holding and the kiss the other day was everything I wanted in my fantasies growing up." We arrived at Heathrow Airport in the UK on the 23rd at 2 am. That was the longest airplane travel I'd ever done in my life, and I've only been on a plane twice! They gave us two hours while the plane had to refuel, so I just wanted to walk around Heathrow while we waited.Michael caught up to me, "Jesse! I thought I'd come and walk around with you. Is that alright?" "Not a problem, Michael." I responded. So we walked around for an hour and a half, holding hands, and getting to know each other better. I got an ice cream cone and we split it together. It was a magical moment that I don't think could be a real moment, but it was. Luckily, none of Michael's fans were around, so it was also very peaceful having it be us. The reason why we went back to the plane a half an hour early was because the final process of refueling wasn't too big of a deal, which is why they were able to let us back on.

Chapter 6:
We departed Heathrow at 3:30am and had an hour and forty minute flight to Munich, Germany, which was the first place where the tour was to start. We arrived at 5:05am and there was a crowd of fifty people waiting outside the jet for Michael’s arrival at the airport. They must have been waiting for hours because the second the plane touched down and one of the windows flew open, you could hear the crowd screaming deafeningly. It was exhilarating hearing that for the first time ever and me being in the center of it. Michael stepped onto the top of the stairs where the screaming became louder than anything. The screaming cut through the silence of the early morning in Germany. Michael grabbed my hand and said, “Don’t worry. This is the norm for me. I deal with this everywhere I go.” His reassurance settled me a little, but it didn’t stop me from being overwhelmed. We walked for a good distance,Michael stopping every few seconds to sign an autograph or take a picture with fans. Finally we reached two double-decker black SUV’s and we entered in the second one, which was not visible to the eye. It was smart, especially since it was pandemonium seeing all the fans. We drove off from the airport and got to the hotel by 7 am. At the hotel, there was a good 100 people, including this time TV camera crews. This was the real madness. We went around a back way instead of going to the front. The decoy SUV was brought to the front, where an impersonator disguised as Michael stepped out of that SUV and tackled the fans while the real one was able to get away clean cut. We went inside the hotel through a door not accessible to the public. We went up an elevator which took us up ten floors until we reached the last floor. Michael was staying in a presidential suite, while his band stayed in the room adjacent, the dancers across the hall, and everyone else stayed in two separate rooms in the hallway.I was staying with the dancers oddly enough, but I had no complaints. The minute I entered the room, I unpacked immediately and laid all my stuff out on the table in the room. I had everything business-related in a systematic fashion so it was easy to carry around everywhere I needed to be with it; the places being was in the hotel, at dining establishments, the venues where Michael was performing, and wherever he shopped. I was to be everywhere with him at all times. At this point, the date was June 23[SUP]rd[/SUP], so he was not expected at the venue for the final rehearsals until the 25[SUP]th[/SUP].Michael had not called to my room so I just laid on the bed and took a nap.
Chapter 7:
I hadn’t realized I would be asleep for so long, because once I had fallen asleep, it was already 7pm at night! Fortunately, the dancers staying in the room with me said that Michael hadn’t left his room all day. Dale and Derrick confirmed this, so I was completely relieved. Dale had actually told me, “To be perfectly honest, this is the best downtime in this chaos. Today and tomorrow will be a breeze, but the 25[SUP]th[/SUP] will be psychotic.” He wasn’t exaggerating either. On the25[SUP]th[/SUP] is when Michael had his first day of final dress rehearsals before the first show of the tour. We were told to wake up at 4 am to get ready and head to the arena at 6:30am. Michael arrived at 7 and began finalizing the show, planning, and rehearsing. It was a magical moment to see how he crafted his show so precisely and intricately. I was in awe the entire time. At one point, Michael invites a girl fan on stage to dance with him for a song from“Off The Wall”, which is “She’s Out Of My Life”. He ended up inviting me up to do the dance both days of dress rehearsal, which was loads of fun. It was a funny and realistic moment, but I obviously kept composure. The most exciting moment was the ending of the show, “Man In The Mirror”. He prepared this moment where he left on a jetpack. As it turns out, I found out it wasn’t actually him leaving in the jetpack, because it was a safety hazard. They had to employ a stunt double to perform the trick, while Michael left another way. It was still amazing to see in person and before the audience saw it. I laid in the grass of the arena and was in amazement watching the stunt being performed. On the 26[SUP]th[/SUP],Michael pulled me to the side after rehearsal and asked if he could take me to dinner. “I-um-er-um-gee.” I was a total babbling idiot, but I finally just said yes. He grabbed my hand and took me to his limo. We went to this fancy Italian place in town. Of course, being Michael Jackson meant there’d be a crowd of fans around the restaurant so we went in a back way. They ended up closing it for us so we could have alone time. In reality, we weren’t really alone,because we had security around and the restaurant staff. It felt that we were alone, so that’s what mattered to me. “I think you’re so special, Jesse.” Michael told me at one point during the dinner.At that point, I felt like my body was full of butterflies and I started crying a bit. “I’m so sorry, Michael. You’re the first person to tell me that. Not that my parents never said that.” I said, wiping my face with a napkin, which Michael took out of my hand and helped me. “Thanks.” After we finished our dessert, we left the back way and went back to the hotel. I was dropped off,then Dale told me that Michael had a video shoot to go to, so he dismissed me for the night. I was so relieved because I got to have a night by myself for the first time in a while.
Chapter 8
I went back to the room and all the dancers were gone, so that made me feel loads better to just take a bath,relax, watch TV, and drink cheap champagne. It was about 9 at night, so my day was complete. I fell asleep at 11:30, and had to wake up at 4 am to get ready for the big opening night. The arena Michael was performing in was the Olympiastadion (Olympic Stadium in English), which was the same arena that the 1972 Olympics took place. We arrived to the arena at 11:00 am, the doors opened for the show at 5 that afternoon, and the show started at 7pm with an opening act and Michael starting at 7:45. I got to watch the entire show from the left wing of the stage, where Michael did three costume changes. The way Michael opened the show was outstanding. He had a video introduction, then a rumble track played afterwards. A black panther roared and Michael shoots out of the stage, pyro falling from the ceiling and standing motionless. He stood for two minutes without moving and people going insane the whole time. He finally whipped his head the other direction and removed his aviator sunglasses, did a side kick,and started Jam from the Dangerous album. It was an electrifying opening.
The show overall is amazing, and it’s not just me saying it as a fan or because he’s mine. There are many highlights that stick out to me the most. For example, during Thriller,a couple dancers cover Michael up and he goes behind a small crack between two coffins on the stage, while an impersonator takes his place. At the end,another part of the stage is up in the air and Michael’s starts Billie Jean from above, then that part of the stage comes down while he’s performing the song, which is electrifying. After the show, I ran to the bus as quickly as possible so we were able to beat the insane traffic of 50,000 people coming out of the arena. After I got on the bus, Michael told me I was dismissed for the night, which was a relief because the insane amount of calculations I had to think about tomorrow was running amok in my head. It was a head rush in every sense. I got into my hotel room and crashed immediately. I did end up hearing a knock at about 3:00 am, but I was so exhausted that I didn’t ever get up to see who it was.
Chapter 9
Time passed and the tour came and went. Michael ended up concluding the tour prematurely in Mexico after false child molestation allegations came out publicly. He also went to rehab, which myself and Elizabeth Taylor went to with him. Michael and I ended our relationship in January 1994 mutually. We kept in touch as much as possible,and I was invited to see him perform at the MTV Video Music Awards in 1995,which was an unforgettable night. He took me out to dinner afterwards, where I met Janet and Lisa Marie, both incredibly sweet people. I also met Rene,Janet’s beau at the time, but I wasn’t particularly fond of him. He also invited me to a HIStory Tour concert in London, which was absolutely a fun night. I finally lost contact with Michael in about 2004 after his trial once again for false child molestation allegations. I found out about the acquittal and I attempted to call him, but to no avail. We lost contact, up until about June of 2009. He called me and we talked for four hours and we caught each other up. I had married and since had three beautiful kids. Strangely enough we led a parallel life, because we actually didn’t live too far from where he was living in Hollywood. I had become massively successful doing my business management and every celebrity was willing to hire me after my close relationship with Michael. Up to that point, I had worked with Joan Rivers,Cher, Madonna, Carmen Electra, Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter, Rob Lowe,and Michael’s sister Janet. Towards the end of the conversation, I felt a sadness in his throat. “I’ve been rehearsing like crazy. I can’t ever get any sleep.”, he told me. I wanted to try my hardest to drive over to his house, but I was ill at the time we talked, so I never got to do it. The last thing he said to me was “I love you, Jesse.” I reciprocated his sentiment and hung up the phone.
Chapter 10
June 25[SUP]th[/SUP], 2009 was another day at my office. An extreme work load as usual, but not working at that point with any celebrities. I get a text on my phone from my husband saying, “Turn on the TV.” I followed his instructions and the first thing I saw was a headline: MICHAEL JACKSON HOSPITALIZED. I felt a sick feeling in my stomach. I left work early to get home, and I turned on the radio. It turned from him being hospitalized to being dead. I was caught in rush hour LA traffic and I was screaming in my car. I couldn’t feel anything, I couldn’t see anything, I didn’t know what emotions to feel except devastation. I could’ve saved him and I didn’t. He trusted me and I failed him. I drove home and my husband held me as I fell to my knees in tears. I laid in bed for a week, and I was invited to the memorial for TV, which I attended. I was also invited to his actual funeral in September which I also attended. I went up to Michael’s casket and touched it and I said “I’m sorry.”, then sat back down, crying. That night I had a dream where I was whisked away to Neverland. It felt like I was reliving the first time I met him. I saw him standing inside Neverland’s gates and they opened. A giant white light burst all around him as soon as the gates opened.He walked up to me and gave me a hug and a kiss. I told him, “I’m sorry I didn’t save you.” “It’s okay, Jesse. Nobody could save me. I was a tormented soul and I needed out.” He kissed my forehead and the dream faded to white and it was over. That was the closure I needed. In the end, I feel like it was a blessing to have known Michael and date him. He was definitely a tortured soul,but I at least know now that he’s at peace.

Dunk96;4089327 said:
This is the first Michael fan fiction I wrote in the span of seven months starting in March 2014 and concluding in December. It was intended to be longer than ten chapters,but since there was a long break in between writing I decided to wrap it up at ten chapters. This story actually was based off childhood dreams I had about Michael but a little less romantic lol.
PROLOGUE:
It is July of 1992. I just graduated from UCLA with a major in business managing.
I also became apart of Michael Jackson's world the same month, becoming his business consultant on his "Dangerous World Tour", which just started last week in Munich, Germany. Now, how does a"plain-Jane" like me get the job of the century with an international superstar? I guess it was just...fate.
Chapter One:
Okay...rewind. My name is Jesse Fontana. I was born July21st,1968 in a small, quaint town just an hour south of Los Angeles. The town is so small in fact that most people in the state of California have never heard of it. I'm not kidding, either. Our only major place in our town (besides our police station and mayor's office) is the school, which is three stories high; the first floor is for elementary, the second for junior high, and the third is high school. We lived in a 423-person town, so about fifty kids went to the same school for twelve years. I had a pretty good home life. My parents have been together for twenty four years, which is quite remarkable in modern society.
I grew up an only child, so my parents did anything and everything for me no matter
what it was. Music has always played a huge role in my life,and I grew up listening to every genre imaginable: rap, pop, rock, heavy metal,
country, classical, etc. One artist particularly was my favorite: Michael Jackson. Everything about him was
just perfect: his voice, his body, his smile, his eyes, his dancing...everything. I even had a huge nerdy
crush on him, which I still have today. Now, how did I get the job with him? Well, I didn't tell you what my parents do for a living... My mother works as a security guard for major hotels in Los Angeles, and my father works as an executive at Pepsi, who had sponsored Michael and his brothers on their Victory Tour and his Bad Tour, as well as a current sponsor for the Dangerous Tour.
My dad received calls from Michael's management, who asked if he knew anyone
who had business management skills. "My daughter actually just graduated from UCLA with a degree in business management. She's young, but she definitely knows what she's doing. "So, luck has it, my dad convinced the "big-wigs" over in Michael's management
to hire me! I was trembling in excitement, because this was a lifelong dream come true. At long last I finally get to meet Michael Jackson!!!!!
Chapter 2:
I had never been more excited in my life that I had this prestigious opportunity, but again, I had to keep myself professional and calm,but on the inside I was screaming at the top of my lungs. The first day I met him was June 15th,and he was getting packed up to go to Germany for the first date of the tour. I drove the three hour drive up to Neverland to meet him and his team up there. Ringing the call box made me feel so professional as I drove up to it. "Hello?" a woman's voice called over the box. "Yes, I'm here for Mr. Jackson. I'm his new business consultant, Jesse Fontana." I replied. She clicked off and the box beeped. The gates of Neverland opened up for my car and I drove through. I drove slowly so I could admire the beautiful scenery. The animals were around everywhere, and I heard a train behind me. It was definitely not what I'd imagined it to be. As I was driving up I saw a black SUV parked right in front of what seemed to me to be a house. I admired at the gracefulness of the architecture. A bulky man walked up to my front car door and opened it. "Ms. Fontana, it's a pleasure to meet you." he said. "Thank you very much." I responded. "I'm one of Michael's bodyguards.He seemed excited to hear of your arrival. He's an interesting business man. By the way my name's Dale Masterson." "Alright then. If you want, you can call me Jesse", I replied. All of a sudden I heard a door open and out steps Michael. He was wearing a red shirt, black fedora, black pants, and his famous loafers. "Ms. Fontana, it's such a pleasure to meet you." he said, as if there was light coming from his eyes. "Mr. Jackson it's such an honor to meet you. I've been a lifelong fan and I just graduated from UCLA." I replied, shaking his hand. "Now your name's Jesse, right?" he said. "Yes it is." I replied with a smile on my face. He went up and whispered in my ear, "You can call me Michael." I buckled my knees so I could prevent myself from fainting. "I'm just getting packed up to head to Germany. Are you set for this adventure?" he said. "Just about, I have a couple other small things to finish and I'll be good for the 22nd." I replied."Great. I've been practicing this show for a
long time. I think it'll be one of my best." he said."I don't doubt that at all." I said, with a little giggle. Michael also giggled a bit, which made me way more comfortable. He took my hand and said "Let me show you around."
Chapter 3:
Michael and I walked up to his front door, which was like out of Architectural Digest magazine: absolutely astounding. He opened it up and I was in sheer awe of the beauty of his house. I had never "ooh"and "ahh"-ed so much than at that point in time. It was nothing I'd seen in my entire life. "This is the most beautiful house I've ever seen." I said, still in shock. "Thank you. I've always dreamed of something like this, especially as a young boy." he replied. We kept walking and he gave me an entire tour of his house. It was definitely amazing to see this. Out of the blue, Michael turns and asks me, "So have you ever had a boyfriend?" The question threw me off my tracks instantly. This was Michael Jackson asking me if I've ever been in a relationship."I-I-uh-em-erm-um-gah-um-er." was my response until I finally just spilled it out. "I had one boyfriend. We dated for six months, but we broke up over something stupid." "Oh okay. I've had a few relationships, but I want to try to keep them on the down low, since I'm such a ginormous celebrity." he responded. "That's totally understandable." I said, my cheeks completely red and the color drained from my skin. All of a sudden, Michael grabbed me by the small of my back and laid one on me. I was in utter shock, but this was a childhood dream come true!He pulled away after a few seconds. "Oh my gosh I am so sorry." he said, blushing. I was completely speechless. Here was Michael Jackson, the biggest celebrity on Earth, my idol and my lifelong crush and he literally just made out with me! I said nothing for two minutes and he asked
if I was okay. "Huh? Oh...yeah. I'm fine. I-erm...I'm gonna head home. I'll see you later." I said. Before I could turn to leave, he grabbed my arm and he put a Post-It note in my hand. "What's this?" I asked. "It's my phone number. I don't give it out to many people,but I trust you with it. You're the first person I feel alive with." he responded. I was in shock, but I still stayed calm. "Alright, well then do you want me to call you tonight?" I asked, with an internal trembling."Yes! By all means please do. Let me know then if you're done packing so we'll be good for the 22nd." he replied. I walked out and Dale was standing at my front car door. He politely opened it and let me in. I put my seat belt on and shut the door. I drove off and the entire drive home I was screaming at the top of my lungs. I couldn't even focus on anything else except him. By the time I came home it was about 8 pm. My mom and dad were on the couch watching TV. I ran upstairs to my room and started packing for the tour.I brought a calculator, an empty binder to keep track of Michael's financial documents over the course of the tour, a label maker to label said financia ldocuments, and many other things of that nature. After I was done, I took the Post It note out of my pocket and grabbed my phone.
Chapter 4:
I dialed the number written on there and a man with a deep voice answered. "Hello?" the man asked. "O-oh. I'm sorry I must have the wrong number." "Whose this?" the man asked. "This is Jesse Fontana." "Oh, Jesse!" the man said in shock. "I'm so sorry, it's Michael. I sometimes have a deeper voice." "Oh okay. Wow you scared me for a second." I responded. Michael giggled over the phone."I'm all packed up for the tour. I just have one question to ask however." "Yes?" he said. "What time do
you want me to wake up the 22nd?" I asked."Umm...I'd say about 6 am." he said. "But I won't rush you. We won't be leaving until 10 that morning." "Okay. I'll see you then" I responded. "Wait!" he said. "What? Is there something wrong?" I asked, innocently. "No, I just wanted to hear your voice." he replied. "O-oh that's very sweet. I-er-um-I have to go to bed. I'll talk to you soon." "*sighs*
Okay. Good night." The next couple days went by in a flash and before I knew it the 22nd was here. I woke up at 6am,took my suitcases downstairs, and got ready. It seemed to go extremely fast getting ready. Like a road runner took over my body and I was rushing, but it seemed like nothing at all. I was out the door by 7:45 and was told by Michael the day before to meet at LAX Airport, so I drove all the way to LAX and was there by 9. I took my suitcases out of my trunk and three of Michael's security guards grabbed them and me and we went a back way. I was told at that point that Michael was already on the plane, which was his own private plane. I stepped onto the plane and was amazed by the interior of the plane. I didn't stop walking to realize that Michael was right in front of me and I accidentally bumped into him. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry Michael." I said, stunned."It's fine, Jesse. Don't even worry about it." he replied. The plane was flying from LAX to London, then from London to Germany, in between a two hour stop. I was given a window seat by one of Michael's security guards, but Michael had other plans. "Why doesn't Jesse sit next to me?" he asked. "I don't see why not." his security guard replied. He got me up after I'd taken a quick nap and sat me next to Michael. It was seriously an out-of-body experience.
Chapter 5:
Michael took my hand in his and held it and the thought swarmed through my head," Oh my God. This is my childhood of loving Michael Jackson and wanting to marry him coming true. Not that I would marry him this fast, but this hand-holding and the kiss the other day was everything I wanted in my fantasies growing up." We arrived at Heathrow Airport in the UK on the 23rd at 2 am. That was the longest airplane travel I'd ever done in my life, and I've only been on a plane twice! They gave us two hours while the plane had to refuel, so I just wanted to walk around Heathrow while we waited.Michael caught up to me, "Jesse! I thought I'd come and walk around with you. Is that alright?" "Not a problem, Michael." I responded. So we walked around for an hour and a half, holding hands, and getting to know each other better. I got an ice cream cone and we split it together. It was a magical moment that I don't think could be a real moment, but it was. Luckily, none of Michael's fans were around, so it was also very peaceful having it be us. The reason why we went back to the plane a half an hour early was because the final process of refueling wasn't too big of a deal, which is why they were able to let us back on.

Chapter 6:
We departed Heathrow at 3:30am and had an hour and forty minute flight to Munich, Germany, which was the first place where the tour was to start. We arrived at 5:05am and there was a crowd of fifty people waiting outside the jet for Michael’s arrival at the airport. They must have been waiting for hours because the second the plane touched down and one of the windows flew open, you could hear the crowd screaming deafeningly. It was exhilarating hearing that for the first time ever and me being in the center of it. Michael stepped onto the top of the stairs where the screaming became louder than anything. The screaming cut through the silence of the early morning in Germany. Michael grabbed my hand and said, “Don’t worry. This is the norm for me. I deal with this everywhere I go.” His reassurance settled me a little, but it didn’t stop me from being overwhelmed. We walked for a good distance,Michael stopping every few seconds to sign an autograph or take a picture with fans. Finally we reached two double-decker black SUV’s and we entered in the second one, which was not visible to the eye. It was smart, especially since it was pandemonium seeing all the fans. We drove off from the airport and got to the hotel by 7 am. At the hotel, there was a good 100 people, including this time TV camera crews. This was the real madness. We went around a back way instead of going to the front. The decoy SUV was brought to the front, where an impersonator disguised as Michael stepped out of that SUV and tackled the fans while the real one was able to get away clean cut. We went inside the hotel through a door not accessible to the public. We went up an elevator which took us up ten floors until we reached the last floor. Michael was staying in a presidential suite, while his band stayed in the room adjacent, the dancers across the hall, and everyone else stayed in two separate rooms in the hallway.I was staying with the dancers oddly enough, but I had no complaints. The minute I entered the room, I unpacked immediately and laid all my stuff out on the table in the room. I had everything business-related in a systematic fashion so it was easy to carry around everywhere I needed to be with it; the places being was in the hotel, at dining establishments, the venues where Michael was performing, and wherever he shopped. I was to be everywhere with him at all times. At this point, the date was June 23[SUP]rd[/SUP], so he was not expected at the venue for the final rehearsals until the 25[SUP]th[/SUP].Michael had not called to my room so I just laid on the bed and took a nap.
Chapter 7:
I hadn’t realized I would be asleep for so long, because once I had fallen asleep, it was already 7pm at night! Fortunately, the dancers staying in the room with me said that Michael hadn’t left his room all day. Dale and Derrick confirmed this, so I was completely relieved. Dale had actually told me, “To be perfectly honest, this is the best downtime in this chaos. Today and tomorrow will be a breeze, but the 25[SUP]th[/SUP] will be psychotic.” He wasn’t exaggerating either. On the25[SUP]th[/SUP] is when Michael had his first day of final dress rehearsals before the first show of the tour. We were told to wake up at 4 am to get ready and head to the arena at 6:30am. Michael arrived at 7 and began finalizing the show, planning, and rehearsing. It was a magical moment to see how he crafted his show so precisely and intricately. I was in awe the entire time. At one point, Michael invites a girl fan on stage to dance with him for a song from“Off The Wall”, which is “She’s Out Of My Life”. He ended up inviting me up to do the dance both days of dress rehearsal, which was loads of fun. It was a funny and realistic moment, but I obviously kept composure. The most exciting moment was the ending of the show, “Man In The Mirror”. He prepared this moment where he left on a jetpack. As it turns out, I found out it wasn’t actually him leaving in the jetpack, because it was a safety hazard. They had to employ a stunt double to perform the trick, while Michael left another way. It was still amazing to see in person and before the audience saw it. I laid in the grass of the arena and was in amazement watching the stunt being performed. On the 26[SUP]th[/SUP],Michael pulled me to the side after rehearsal and asked if he could take me to dinner. “I-um-er-um-gee.” I was a total babbling idiot, but I finally just said yes. He grabbed my hand and took me to his limo. We went to this fancy Italian place in town. Of course, being Michael Jackson meant there’d be a crowd of fans around the restaurant so we went in a back way. They ended up closing it for us so we could have alone time. In reality, we weren’t really alone,because we had security around and the restaurant staff. It felt that we were alone, so that’s what mattered to me. “I think you’re so special, Jesse.” Michael told me at one point during the dinner.At that point, I felt like my body was full of butterflies and I started crying a bit. “I’m so sorry, Michael. You’re the first person to tell me that. Not that my parents never said that.” I said, wiping my face with a napkin, which Michael took out of my hand and helped me. “Thanks.” After we finished our dessert, we left the back way and went back to the hotel. I was dropped off,then Dale told me that Michael had a video shoot to go to, so he dismissed me for the night. I was so relieved because I got to have a night by myself for the first time in a while.
Chapter 8
I went back to the room and all the dancers were gone, so that made me feel loads better to just take a bath,relax, watch TV, and drink cheap champagne. It was about 9 at night, so my day was complete. I fell asleep at 11:30, and had to wake up at 4 am to get ready for the big opening night. The arena Michael was performing in was the Olympiastadion (Olympic Stadium in English), which was the same arena that the 1972 Olympics took place. We arrived to the arena at 11:00 am, the doors opened for the show at 5 that afternoon, and the show started at 7pm with an opening act and Michael starting at 7:45. I got to watch the entire show from the left wing of the stage, where Michael did three costume changes. The way Michael opened the show was outstanding. He had a video introduction, then a rumble track played afterwards. A black panther roared and Michael shoots out of the stage, pyro falling from the ceiling and standing motionless. He stood for two minutes without moving and people going insane the whole time. He finally whipped his head the other direction and removed his aviator sunglasses, did a side kick,and started Jam from the Dangerous album. It was an electrifying opening.
The show overall is amazing, and it’s not just me saying it as a fan or because he’s mine. There are many highlights that stick out to me the most. For example, during Thriller,a couple dancers cover Michael up and he goes behind a small crack between two coffins on the stage, while an impersonator takes his place. At the end,another part of the stage is up in the air and Michael’s starts Billie Jean from above, then that part of the stage comes down while he’s performing the song, which is electrifying. After the show, I ran to the bus as quickly as possible so we were able to beat the insane traffic of 50,000 people coming out of the arena. After I got on the bus, Michael told me I was dismissed for the night, which was a relief because the insane amount of calculations I had to think about tomorrow was running amok in my head. It was a head rush in every sense. I got into my hotel room and crashed immediately. I did end up hearing a knock at about 3:00 am, but I was so exhausted that I didn’t ever get up to see who it was.
Chapter 9
Time passed and the tour came and went. Michael ended up concluding the tour prematurely in Mexico after false child molestation allegations came out publicly. He also went to rehab, which myself and Elizabeth Taylor went to with him. Michael and I ended our relationship in January 1994 mutually. We kept in touch as much as possible,and I was invited to see him perform at the MTV Video Music Awards in 1995,which was an unforgettable night. He took me out to dinner afterwards, where I met Janet and Lisa Marie, both incredibly sweet people. I also met Rene,Janet’s beau at the time, but I wasn’t particularly fond of him. He also invited me to a HIStory Tour concert in London, which was absolutely a fun night. I finally lost contact with Michael in about 2004 after his trial once again for false child molestation allegations. I found out about the acquittal and I attempted to call him, but to no avail. We lost contact, up until about June of 2009. He called me and we talked for four hours and we caught each other up. I had married and since had three beautiful kids. Strangely enough we led a parallel life, because we actually didn’t live too far from where he was living in Hollywood. I had become massively successful doing my business management and every celebrity was willing to hire me after my close relationship with Michael. Up to that point, I had worked with Joan Rivers,Cher, Madonna, Carmen Electra, Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter, Rob Lowe,and Michael’s sister Janet. Towards the end of the conversation, I felt a sadness in his throat. “I’ve been rehearsing like crazy. I can’t ever get any sleep.”, he told me. I wanted to try my hardest to drive over to his house, but I was ill at the time we talked, so I never got to do it. The last thing he said to me was “I love you, Jesse.” I reciprocated his sentiment and hung up the phone.
Chapter 10
June 25[SUP]th[/SUP], 2009 was another day at my office. An extreme work load as usual, but not working at that point with any celebrities. I get a text on my phone from my husband saying, “Turn on the TV.” I followed his instructions and the first thing I saw was a headline: MICHAEL JACKSON HOSPITALIZED. I felt a sick feeling in my stomach. I left work early to get home, and I turned on the radio. It turned from him being hospitalized to being dead. I was caught in rush hour LA traffic and I was screaming in my car. I couldn’t feel anything, I couldn’t see anything, I didn’t know what emotions to feel except devastation. I could’ve saved him and I didn’t. He trusted me and I failed him. I drove home and my husband held me as I fell to my knees in tears. I laid in bed for a week, and I was invited to the memorial for TV, which I attended. I was also invited to his actual funeral in September which I also attended. I went up to Michael’s casket and touched it and I said “I’m sorry.”, then sat back down, crying. That night I had a dream where I was whisked away to Neverland. It felt like I was reliving the first time I met him. I saw him standing inside Neverland’s gates and they opened. A giant white light burst all around him as soon as the gates opened.He walked up to me and gave me a hug and a kiss. I told him, “I’m sorry I didn’t save you.” “It’s okay, Jesse. Nobody could save me. I was a tormented soul and I needed out.” He kissed my forehead and the dream faded to white and it was over. That was the closure I needed. In the end, I feel like it was a blessing to have known Michael and date him. He was definitely a tortured soul,but I at least know now that he’s at peace.

Man, man, oh MAN!!! What. A. Story. I liked that a lot! I really felt when he leaned in her ear and asked her to call him Michael. I also sympathized with her when she drove all the way home that one time screaming the whole way! XD Life is so boring that we overreact when something actually exciting happens, right? Bless her heart.

I'm looking back on what I wrote and I'm genuinely cringing lmao. But it's nice to see somebody still enjoying this after all these years.

Back