ACTRESS/ARTIST name presenting MJ in WMA 2006?

foralltimerishi

Proud Member
Country
India
Hey guys recently I watched the WMA 2006 awards video and I saw an ACTRESS who is presenting MJ, plz tell the name of that actress !
2jc9gyv.png

When she was still cute.

Was that cheap shot really necessary? We don't like it when people take cheap shots at Michael, and make fun of his appearance during the later years of his life

Last edited:
^ Yes! Thank you!

tumblr_ly5u8bDBr31qcv2ufo7_250.gif

Her reaction to him is so funny :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I wonder if anyone has uploaded this in 2000 Watts? I just realized I've never seen it.

Adding Michael's speech first when he receives The Diamond Award.

[video=youtube_share;8jk2a9ctihc]http://youtu.be/8jk2a9ctihc[/video]

This was after Beyoncé gave Michael The Diamond Award. Notice how the audience just cared to see Michael and the uproarious welcoming he received the second time compared to other performers even though it wasn't planned a performance by him to begin with.

[video=youtube_share;AwT-ybLZXH4]http://youtu.be/AwT-ybLZXH4[/video]

Michael driving women really, really mad since the Thriller days... :rofl:

But I dare to say the ovations he received in the World Music Awards surpassed by a landslide the ones he got in the Thriller and Bad era.

^ LOL - really really mad :lol:

I think the ones he got for NAACP 1994 was very impressive and for me very touching. I agree WMA was great too.

NAACP will always be my favorite of all time.
But I'll admit I hyperventilated right along with Angela and a million other women on AMA night 84. :)

Snow White luvs Peter Pan;4089754 said:

[video=youtube_share;7fQdow_91Jo]http://youtu.be/7fQdow_91Jo[/video]

But I dare to say the ovations he received in the World Music Awards surpassed by a landslide the ones he got in the Thriller and Bad era.

Still, Bofill says her most memorable accomplishment in music was not the many fantastic songs she composed or any accolades she received, but presenting an award to Michael Jackson at the American Music Awards in 1984. “I was a big fan!”

http://blackamericaweb.com/2012/06/21/angela-bofill-is-unsung/

Was that cheap shot really necessary? We don't like it when people take cheap shots at Michael, and make fun of his appearance during the later years of his life

eh. Her excessive drug and alcohol use over the years has aged her drastically. It's not a secret.

And your comment is funny because we have posters making fun of Madonna/lady gaga/etc. for their looks, amongst other cheap shots (but i guess those people are ok because the MJ fandom generally hates them).
So I'm not breaking new ground here.

Also, DOGGONE, I noticed you LIKED my post and Analogues post. Which is it? :D

Well, the Thriller days were a bit ahead of my time so he didn't drive this woman really, really mad........ not in the 80s, but he made up for it in subsequent decades :p Can you believe that up till today I hadn't even seen all the AMAs 84 speeches?

And I dare agree with you :) Also, I believe the speeches in 1994 and 2006 war far more important than the awards received during the Thriller euphoria.

The commercial success of that album was important on a social front because it gave unprecedented recognition to an African-American artist, but in terms of artistic achievement, global reach and above all strength of character I think his peaks came after it, even if critics and many others say otherwise.

Perhaps I'm biased because I didn't get to experience those things first hand, but I don't think so. It must have been amazing both for Michael and for the people watching the Thriller video, buying the Beat it jackets, attending the Victory tour.....Like he said in 2006 "God answered his prayers" and of course it is wonderful when anyone can say that about any prayer/wish/dream/goal, whatever you want to call them. But, in spite of all of that I still think the best was yet to come.

Yesterday I came across the WMA 2000 footage while looking for something else in my video-archive from 15/20 years ago. It is really, really interesting to watch all of these now. Words that initially didn't mean much now stand out.

And btw of the awards and 2006, what about the one done by MTV Japan?

The response from the crowd and his emotional reaction are nothing short of spectacular and I don't think in terms of entertainment value, but simple and wonderful humanity.

Who knew Michael Jackson was more than just a singing and dancing robot or a target for global ridicule and frivolous litigations? Breaking news - the guy had feelings. Even more amazing than that, on that one occasion he could even express them.

The Guiness Book fellow (unfortunately, the name escapes me right now) from London in 2006 put it so eloquently "it's not about the fame, it's about the music".

I dare say.......it's not about the music, it's about the love, the one he gave to the world through his art and through his life and also the one he received - from his family, from the fans, from anyone and everyone who enjoyed his craft, appreciated his humanitarian efforts and believed in him.

Last edited:
When I see all the positive reaction towards Michael it really makes me think that the majority of people don't believe any of the B.S that's said about him. Unfortunately however, most people are afraid to speak up and say they don't believe it in fear of being ridiculed. But those videos speak volumes

When I see all the positive reaction towards Michael it really makes me think that the majority of people don't believe any of the B.S that's said about him. Unfortunately however, most people are afraid to speak up and say they don't believe it in fear of being ridiculed. But those videos speak volumes

Of course there is no way of verifying this, but you may very well be right. I think there is a huge and silent majority who has basically been ignored by the media. Instead they chose to focus on the vocal and active minority made by his detractors.

Not trying to find excuses for the blatant abuse and character assassination to which they subjected him for years on end, but I think many people in the media were misled by the idea that the story that would best sell is the W....J...../drastic change in appearance/weirdo who has not only eccentric, but criminal tendencies in his private life. They probably pushed this for a "good" 15 years thinking it was what the world accepted and wanted to hear. On June 26th 2009 they all discovered differently.

I bet Michael's life would have been much easier had more attention been given not only to the salacious aspect of the allegations, but also to the other angle of interpretation - an eccentric, most famous rich man who enjoyed the company of children and who was quite vulnerable and an easy target for extortion and baseless accusations. It may not be what the media reported, but it is what many and probably most people ended up believing and rightfully so, if I may say so myself.

Michael didn't have any obligation to be normal for them. The circumstances he was brought in made him different not eccentric, besides, what is to be normal? I thinks it's a subjective term.

“Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” -Morticia Addams

Also Michael himsel summed it up perfectly...

"It's not that I'm a freak, it's that I don't know what normal is. I didn't have a normal childhood. I was famous at 5." -Michael Jackson

Unfortunately, small minds fear and attack the unknown and what they don't understand.

Back