Michael Jackson She's Out Of My Life Live Seoul 1999 Rehearsal

Pretty interesting. Thanks for posting.

I had forgotten about the MJ & Friends concerts - one in Munich and one in Seoul. I remember seeing the one in Germany live on local tv. Nice reminder, although the camera work could have been better :p But hey, beggars aren't choosers, right?

June 24, 1999, the final 'performance' of SOOML (don't think he rehearsed it for TII, did he?). Always loved this clip, his vocals were incredible here. He was originally supposed to sing this with Mariah Carey but in the end the duet never happened.

No idea, except that she was just a stand-in for Mariah (hence why he introduces her as 'the lovely Ms Mariah Carey'). Maybe she was doing backing vocals during the show?

No idea, except that she was just a stand-in for Mariah (hence why he introduces her as 'the lovely Ms Mariah Carey'). Maybe she was doing backing vocals during the show?

She looks a bit like Sade, but I doubt it's her. In any case apparently Michael liked her a lot. LOL.

mj-o.gif

She looks a bit like Sade, but I doubt it's her. In any case apparently Michael liked her a lot. LOL.

mj-o.gif
Yeah I agree. It doesn't really sound like Sade to me and I figure we would have heard at some point if the two of them had rehearsed a song together.

Yeah I agree. It doesn't really sound like Sade to me and I figure we would have heard at some point if the two of them had rehearsed a song together.

Yeah, she has a deeper voice than Sade. And I somehow doubt Michael would have touched Sade like that. Or Mariah for that matter. So he did not really need to rehearse this. I bet he just liked this girl. LOL.

^^It's been a while since I posted here, and when I last did the picture section was closed for non-contributing visitors of the forum.. but I'm glad to see it's open again! :)

Wait a minute, I was at the Munich concert in 1999 and I can't remember this song being performed. Was it performed in Seoul??

Wait a minute, I was at the Munich concert in 1999 and I can't remember this song being performed. Was it performed in Seoul??
No. It was supposed to be a duet with Mariah Carey but got scrapped at the last minute. This rehearsal took place the evening before the Seoul concert.

The video is gone.

Can anyone re-upload?

WOW...

He sang live in the video posted above - from 2:16 or something like that.

I really can't believe this... The only song he could have sung live at the MJ & Friends got dropped... - So stupid...

I have never heard he should have performed that song... - But very very stupid decision to drop it. - A song sung live would have been so much better than a lipsynched song. - like YANA...

It's a damn shame that Michael seemed to hesitant to sing live after the Dangerous era

Back