Slave To The Rhythm Versions

RockOrBluesInNorway

Proud Member
So we have like 4 different versions of Slave To The Rhythm, 2 official, but there was a leak before the Xscape album was announced, and it I'm wondering from what time period the different mixes are from.

There is this one:

There is this one where with Justin Biebers vocals on them, but the mix is also different:

And then there's the "original version" from the Xscape album:

I'm just wondering what time the different mixes are from.

Thanks
-Robin

That Justin Bieber duet remix is very recent I think. It might be possible that it was planned to be on Xscape like the Justin Timberlake duet but was canceled because it leaked and fans didn't like it.

The first version you posted is from 2010. Tricky Stewart produced it for the Michael album, but they kept it off.

It's still unknown when the Justin Bieber version was made and why it exists. The producer (Max Methods) told ****** ******* that Tricky Stewart commissioned it, and the Estate were adamant that they didn't know that version existed. My guess is that Tricky put it together himself and planned to present it to the Estate, but the leak shut him down.

The original version is from the summer of 1990.

Question: Were any songs from Xscape or Michael leaked before MJ's death? I thought I read that Xscape was leaked in 2008 or something? I'm just curious what (if any) songs or snippets were leaked before June 2009?

1991 Original Demo produced by L.A. Reid & Babyface (Xscape album)
2010 Tricky Stewart Remix (leak)
2013 Max Methods Remix with Justin Beaver ...music like a cover of the Tricky Stewart Remix (leak)
2014 Timbaland Remix (Xscape album + plus differently arranged short version from Xperia phone commercial)
2014 Club Remix by Audien (officially released through Epic/Sony)

Question: Were any songs from Xscape or Michael leaked before MJ's death? I thought I read that Xscape was leaked in 2008 or something? I'm just curious what (if any) songs or snippets were leaked before June 2009?

"Hold My Hand" leaked on June 30/July 1, 2008.

"(I Like) The Way You Love Me" was released in November 2004 on The Ultimate Collection.

"Love Never Felt So Good" leaked around 2006 or 2007.

"Blue Gangsta" was used in two remixes titled "No Friend of Mine" and "Gangsta" in 2006; the solo version didn't leak until 2010.

"Xscape" leaked in December 2002.

"Love Never Felt So Good" leaked around 2006 or 2007. "Blue Gangsta" was used in two remixes titled "No Friend of Mine" and "Gangsta" in 2006; the solo version didn't leak until 2010. "Xscape" leaked in December 2002.

Do you know where I could find these?

There is another version of STTR, the one we heard at the Billboard 'hologram' performance. Mostly the same as the Xscape album version, but with that 'breakdown' at 2m40sec in. Also different intro, shorter choruses and the odd extra sound effect (i.e. soldiers chanting).

I wish they had that breakdown in the Xscape album version, would've made it even better :p

The 2010 version IMO is the best one. The Bieber version is complete garbage and should be burned, and Bieber should be deported back to Canada. MJ's version sounds like something out of a Sega/Nintendo game, and the 2014 version was meh. The only good thing about that version was the climatic beginning.

That Justin Bieber duet remix is very recent I think. It might be possible that it was planned to be on Xscape like the Justin Timberlake duet but was canceled because it leaked and fans didn't like it.

That one leaked in 2013, just wondering when the mix is from

The first version you posted is from 2010. Tricky Stewart produced it for the Michael album, but they kept it off.

It's still unknown when the Justin Bieber version was made and why it exists. The producer (Max Methods) told ****** ******* that Tricky Stewart commissioned it, and the Estate were adamant that they didn't know that version existed. My guess is that Tricky put it together himself and planned to present it to the Estate, but the leak shut him down.

How come the 2010 version sound less developed than the 1990 version?

Why is the name blurred out?

There is another version of STTR, the one we heard at the Billboard 'hologram' performance. Mostly the same as the Xscape album version, but with that 'breakdown' at 2m40sec in. Also different intro, shorter choruses and the odd extra sound effect (i.e. soldiers chanting).

I wish they had that breakdown in the Xscape album version, would've made it even better :p

:punk: I liked that Billboard version for that very reason and wished it was available for purchase (either iTunes or Amazon works for me, lol!)

Didn't LA Reid want to release the duet version, in the same style as he did with LNFSG? I remember he said it in ABC interview, also he stated he would release it in future.

Back