Michael, Whitney and One Day In Your Life

It would have been awesome.

Michael Jackson and WHitney Houston duet: One day in your life. 30th anniversary rehearsals
Michael-and-Whitney-WITH-TEXT-200x122.jpg
Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston duet rehearsing “One day in your life” at MSG 2001

It’s rumoured in the Michael Jackson community that Michael Jackson was going to perform a duet with Whitney Houston, One day in your life and I can say today and confirm that that’s ABSOLUTELY TRUE! Michael Jackson did indeed rehearse One day in your life with WHitney Houston and they did sing and i’ll tell you a little bit about what happened.
Michael Jackson did sing a lot of the song in falsetto and they did rehearse. Now, one day in your life is such an emotional song, if any of you have heard the song. If you haven’t go and take a listen to it. For me that brings tears to my eyes and to see two legends, Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson sing together, it is extremely emotional.
Whitney-and-MichaeWITH-TEXT-200x133.jpg
Whitney Houston rehearsing “One day in your life” with Michael Jackson

I feel almost like a private moment and I just feel that in a way i’m glad that it wasn’t performed because I don’t know if it would have been in keeping with the rhythm with the rest of the show. Also it sounded to me like their was some kind of orchestral issue because Michael played with the band and Orchestra. It sounded like the strings, were out, maybe not out of key but there was a string issue and Greg Phillinganes actually mentioned this at the rehearsal.SO maybe that’s the reason why it didn’t go ahead.
What I can say is that Whitney Houston did perform with Michael Jackson. She performed Wanna be starting and she absolutely smashed it as you can see from the video!
Let’s not forget that “One day in your life” did make it into the show, by way of video interlude.

http://anthony-king.com/blog/michae...garden-in-2001-more-michael-jackson-analysis/

Holy crap, that would have been amazing. Just to hear Michael sing some of his early material outside of the J5 medley and I'll Be There is special, let alone One Day In Your Life (a fantastic song).

Even if the rehearsal was sloppy, this would be fantastic to see.

Oh dayyum!! I hope they release this as soon as possible! This could be a hype bringing Michael back into the spot lights!!

From the link: "During the rehearsals there’s some really great footage of Michael rehearsing Billie Jean and setting his spotlight. He’s explaining to the crew when they need to place the spotlight. He’s very much like “guy’s … TUM! (finger click)”. It’s very funny because he’s basically blasting his band."

Has any of it ever been leaked?

Anthony King says in that blog post:

"My perspective about the rehearsals is that I feel that they shouldn’t be released to be honest. I feel that This is it is a unique case, I get very emotional when I watch this is it, I almost feel like I wish that is wasn’t released, however I understand why it HAD to be released. With regards to the Dangerous tour and the History tour rehearsals, part of me thinks that we shouldn’t see the creative process that Michael wouldn’t have wanted us to see that and especially with the Madison Square Garden, I really hope that that isn’t released but that’s up to the Michael Jackson Estate.

With regards to Limited rehearsals like the German DEF 2, or the History tour documentary behind the scenes, which wasn’t released but was planned to be released, I think that’s great! As long as it’s an edited and controlled view and then we can compare to the actual show."

I don't agree with him. I think rehearsals should absolutely be released. Now when Michael is not here anymore there is no point in not showing them. Stuff like this need to be seen.

I should have probably rephrased my question to ask if anyone had heard of them being leaked within private collectors? I'm interested to know if he's seen the rehearsals and that's what gives him such a strong reaction? The MSG show is something I'm super interested in because it's what predominately got me into MJ (I had just turned 14.)

I am way more excited about One Day In Your Life 2001 adult version than I am about the Whitney collaboration!

It would be so amazing to hear!

How did he get a hold of this? I hope it leaks!

I hope the estate gets that fans want rehearsal footage more than anything. - Best extra material they could add is rehearsal footage !!

Magic in the making... - How he can say it should not be released is beyond me. - it shows the creative genius he was !

Re: News/info of Whitney and Michael singing "One day in your life" in 2001

Sorry guys. The link didn't work so here is the correct one :) Please comment at the end of the link and subscribe and Anthony will answer any questions you may have. Apologies again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRpcvotpU80

Back