Why not buy Neverland by ourselves?

oneday

Proud Member
The price is $100,000,000, do you think fans around the world can donate some money and buy it ?
Maybe together we can make it !

we can't.
it costs money to maintain it to.
then what? turn it into a museum?
/debbie downer

I did not write this but I agree with it:

[h=3]Reflections on my feelings about Neverland sale (The Woman in the Mirror)[/h]
Inside my heart I would like that Neverland was kept as once it was and for what it once represented in Michael’s life in the past. Then, one day I would be able to visit it for my own pleasure. However, I have to admit, looking the woman in the mirror, that this is a selfish feeling inside my heart.

When I take a close look to 2003/2007 I see the pain this place brought to Michael’s heart. After all that was done to the place, Michael never went back to the main house; at 2005 he was living there but using a guest house. He never went back to the main house; he didn’t want more visitors over there.

Michael went back to US 2006/2007, he had a house to live with his children, but instead going to Neverland he choose to live like a nomad, asking “friends” for houses to live, renting and expending money on other places and moving around all the time.

In 2008 Michael was trying to buy another place for him and his children to live. If Neverland was, at this time so close to his heart how it was to be in the past, why didn’t he try to stay at NL?
When his children asked him to go there, he said NO. It shows me he didn’t want even his children over there.

Michael built Neverland not for his leisure or the pleasure of his fans. Michael never needed fancy places to live. Michael built Neverland for the ones in need. It was intended to be a place full of LOVE and PEACE to help the others in need, to be a place to connect with higher power (GOD).

The place itself was not important to Michael, but the LOVE energy on there was. For him this LOVE energy was gone, and evil took the place. At this point, Neverland became just a piece of land with no meaning.
If some meaning was left at Neverland, Michael would have visit it back in 2007 or 2008 instead, he kept himself and his children away from there.

Yes, it is sad to see the place that was build with so much love and care, historical by all the good things that happened there in the past to be sold. But I ask myself isn’t that sadness in my heart just my selfish wish to have it as a monument for my own pain?

I see people talking about fans to save Neverland ( a place Michael didn’t want to go anymore) and I also ask myself:

If the fans can raise 100 million and 5 million a month to buy and to keep NL, doing nothing to it, why can’t the fans raise money to build a children’s hospital and keep it?

If the fans can raise this kind of money, why don’t the fans support more effectively organizations such as MJLegacy or others?

Why would the fans to buy Neverland to give it to Michael’s children who have at least 3 other houses, money enough for a good living and their own lawyers for fights, instead buying food and clothes for children without any parent to take care of them?

Aren’t we being selfish when we are willing to make a campaign to raise money to buy Neverland instead to promote and help the charity organizations that are struggling to get funds for humanitarian projects?

Michael was never bound to the material things, Michael would give away awards, gloves, hats, jackets, his own clothes, cars, money, anything he had if it would make someone happy or if he saw anyone in need.

Shouldn’t we look at his example and use the money in the same way?

Maybe this is a good time to take a look in the WOMAN or THE MAN IN THE MIRROR.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1smeqf2

I don't think there is enough fans who would donate to get that kind of money together.

Because the Michael that left Neverland in 2006 is the Michael people keep forgetting about that's far more important than the Michael that first bought Neverland in 1988. People seem to forget the fact that Neverland's innocence was tarnished after Sneddon and his thugs ransacked his home looking for evidence of non-existent crap and it destroyed Michael on an emotional level. It wasn't a home after that. The fact that he was a nomad from 2006 until his death in 2009 should be evidence enough that Neverland wasn't his home anymore. People need to let it go.

Raising money for it is incredibly impractical. If we were to raise $100m, I would much rather see it go to charity or a cause in the place of what Neverland originally stood for. For the enjoyment of childhood, innocence, fun, and escapism.

I will never tire of speaking of Neverland, and I am torn on my feelings for it.

On one hand, yes, Michael left it and Michael was clearly truly emotionally traumatized by what happened there. It has always baffled me that he never sold it after that, even swooped in to save it from default. We will never know his true intentions, because his actions about the ranch weren't exactly congruent. I'm not saying at all that he lied or didn't mean it, just that we don't know the whole truth about what he felt and thought of the place in the end. It's entirely possible that he hated it even more, but it's also possible he was maybe moving towards healing and accepting it again. I hope he was doing that, but we just don't know.

One of the many reasons why I have a hard time with Neverland is not because of what it stood for at the end of his life, but what it meant when he bought and created it. I work in tourism and the amusement industry, and in no small way was that influenced by Michael's triumphs and success with the place over the years. To me, people just brushing it off as "Well, Michael said it was violated" is hurtful because we know Michael was an incredibly strong, determined, optimistic, fantastic person. Neverland, to me, is the physical creation of that, and just to me personally, it's more like we let "them" win by saying Neverland isn't worth anything intrinsically anymore. Yes it was raided, I know. I can't really empathize with Michael on that beacuse I've never been in that situation, but I'd like to believe that what it was created for is bigger and better than that.

It really bothers me that it comes down to dollars and sense for this place - $100m seems at once like way too much and yet not enough, of course not even to mention the upkeep. We know the Jackson children really want for nothing (except their father, but that goes without saying). Either selling it or keeping it both seem like brilliant and yet stupid things to do.

I'm glad they are selling it.
It's a burden for the family and the estate to keep it. It was hardly the kids home growing up, and they'll move on in life without it being in their possession.

I do think a more accessible place should be built to house all sorts of MJ stuff in Los Angeles. It would be a big tourist spot. But not as his former home.

Raising money for it is incredibly impractical. If we were to raise $100m, I would much rather see it go to charity or a cause in the place of what Neverland originally stood for. For the enjoyment of childhood, innocence, fun, and escapism.

I will never tire of speaking of Neverland, and I am torn on my feelings for it.

On one hand, yes, Michael left it and Michael was clearly truly emotionally traumatized by what happened there. It has always baffled me that he never sold it after that, even swooped in to save it from default. We will never know his true intentions, because his actions about the ranch weren't exactly congruent. I'm not saying at all that he lied or didn't mean it, just that we don't know the whole truth about what he felt and thought of the place in the end. It's entirely possible that he hated it even more, but it's also possible he was maybe moving towards healing and accepting it again. I hope he was doing that, but we just don't know.

One of the many reasons why I have a hard time with Neverland is not because of what it stood for at the end of his life, but what it meant when he bought and created it. I work in tourism and the amusement industry, and in no small way was that influenced by Michael's triumphs and success with the place over the years. To me, people just brushing it off as "Well, Michael said it was violated" is hurtful because we know Michael was an incredibly strong, determined, optimistic, fantastic person. Neverland, to me, is the physical creation of that, and just to me personally, it's more like we let "them" win by saying Neverland isn't worth anything intrinsically anymore. Yes it was raided, I know. I can't really empathize with Michael on that beacuse I've never been in that situation, but I'd like to believe that what it was created for is bigger and better than that.

It really bothers me that it comes down to dollars and sense for this place - $100m seems at once like way too much and yet not enough, of course not even to mention the upkeep. We know the Jackson children really want for nothing (except their father, but that goes without saying). Either selling it or keeping it both seem like brilliant and yet stupid things to do.

I remember that i read a story and watched some video in 2008 i belive.
It was about MJ buying new land and making new kinda Neverland. Ill try find it.

I remember that i read a story and watched some video in 2008 i belive.
It was about MJ buying new land and making new kinda Neverland. Ill try find it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nsion-Michael-Jackson-nearly-called-home.html

There are more articles about it if you put Michael Jackson Wonderland Las Vegas in your search engine + his bodyguards talked about that in their book too.

I wonder what Michael would have done, although we do have some indication what he was going to do with money from TII.
Listen the tape that Conrat M recorded while MJ was trying to sleep and this note 2
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...dwritten-notes-from-Jackson-AEG-trial-motions
Obviously he wasn't talking about NL.

It has always baffled me that he never sold it after that, even swooped in to save it from default.

I think that saving it from forced sale was something that he needed to do in order to save his own that was in the house. If the forces sale had gone through, everything would have been put for sale, including Michael's collectables, Oscar statue etc. I don't think he wanted to lose his personal stuff, and to be honest, it would have been bad for Michael's image to go though such an ordeal and public sale of his personal stuff.
-----------------------------

Lets say fans collect the money and buy Neverland, then what?
Who is going to be manager or the person who runs it? What about fan arguments among each other who NL should be run, and where collected money is being spent etc.....

We have spent 100 million of empty house, shell. Michael is not there to organise easter egg hunts, nor any of his possession that made Neverland The Neverland.
Then we have to collect more money to pay 200 thousand/year for property tax, and even more for upkeep. Like Respect said, it is not realistic.

Last edited:
There is simply no need for fans to do what Michael’s Estate will not do.

Back