Bad tour Wembley Question.

Smoore

Proud Member
Hi, I have a question about the Wembley concert. As we all know this was released in 2012 for the anniversary for Bad. While the concert is great, I feel like the audio mix is really lack luster when compared to the "Keep The Magic Alive" campaign snippets. I recall snippets of "She's Out of My Life", "I'll be There", and "The way You Make Me Feel" among others, all sounding brilliantly mixed. I know these are multi-tracked, and even the backing track was recorded and mixed specifically along the live vocals. An example would have been the "The Way You Make Me Feel" snippet. While the teaser snippets sounded amazing, the official product does not. Even the CD from the Deluxe edition of Bad 25 sounds better. I forget where but I had read the audio engineer who recorded this mixed the audio of "Another Part Of Me"'s live video. He also had a mix approved by Michael for the recorded Wembley dates. Why didn't they just use the approved mixes?

the audio mix sux.
But it's better than the house mixes on all the tv footage. Beggars can't be chosers, I guess.

Feel free to listen to my rendition of the wembley shows. I remixed the DVD audio channels.

Because I share your opinion.

I agree. They could have mixed it a lot better. Actually the guy who was the sound engineer at the concert and gave the multitracks he recorded to Estate is on this forum. His username is Go Flying and he has said that he didn't like the mix that was used on the DVD at all and the original sounded better. You might find the post in his post history.

Last edited:
I agree. They could have mixed it a lot better. Actually the guy who was the sound engineer at the concert and gave the multitracks he recorded to Estate is on this forum. His username is Go Flying and he has said that he didn't like the mix that was used on the DVD at all and the original sounded better. You might find the post in his post history.

I remember him saying hearing the release almost brought him to tears because they had lost all the magic and atmosphere

Feel free to listen to my rendition of the wembley shows. I remixed the DVD audio channels.

Because I share your opinion.

I don't mind the 5.1 Dolby DVD audio channel which I used all the time, but the IMWhizzle remix sounded a lot better. Plus I finally converted the .wav tracks into .mp3 tracks by using iTunes and put the tracks into my iPod. I can't believe I should've thought of that in the first place.

i don't mind the 5.1 dolby dvd audio channel which i used all the time, but the imwhizzle remix sounded a lot better. Plus i finally converted the .wav tracks into .mp3 tracks by using itunes and put the tracks into my ipod. I can't believe i should've thought of that in the first place.

dj8........................

I don't mind the 5.1 Dolby DVD audio channel which I used all the time, but the IMWhizzle remix sounded a lot better. Plus I finally converted the .wav tracks into .mp3 tracks by using iTunes and put the tracks into my iPod. I can't believe I should've thought of that in the first place.

Were you not aware you could convert wav to mp3?
And did you convert it to a good bitrate? (hopefully nothing lower than 192).
Also, ipods/iphones can play wav files too (but bigger file sizes).

I remember him saying hearing the release almost brought him to tears because they had lost all the magic and atmosphere

I remember that he said that they made the drums sound bad and they did something to Michael's voice. Also when he was watching Bad 25 documentary in theater he almost left during Another Part of Me because it sounded bad. I really wish Estate would have left the audio like it originally was.

I am dissapointed by VHS quality. Although fans asked wembley for many years ago but no meaning they must give exactly which we need. Since july 16 only exist on vhs. If they dont have multitrack for other shows then they can remastered sound until its standard. Its official release, quality is important.

I'm happy it got released but it would be really sad if they don't release a better quality concert. Bad Tour deserves more.

I choose MSG. It special because he sung live most of songs. They should release it or L.A. due Bad Tour 30 anniversary.

Were you not aware you could convert wav to mp3?
And did you convert it to a good bitrate? (hopefully nothing lower than 192).
Also, ipods/iphones can play wav files too (but bigger file sizes).

I tried it when it was .wav format, it was in the iPod, but they didn't play, plus I noticed on the display for the CD cover it says "Image Not Available when I tried to put the cover in and it's no go. But when I check on YouTube for the problem and they show that iTunes can. So I tried converting the tracks into .mp3 format and it played on my iPod. I did noticed a few formats like .ACC, .AIF and Apple Lossless, but they never occured to me.

I tried it when it was .wav format, it was in the iPod, but they didn't play, plus I noticed on the display for the CD cover it says "Image Not Available when I tried to put the cover in and it's no go. But when I check on YouTube for the problem and they show that iTunes can. So I tried converting the tracks into .mp3 format and it played on my iPod. I did noticed a few formats like .ACC, .AIF and Apple Lossless, but they never occured to me.

.WAV format doesn't support artwork if I recall correctly. So yeah, if you want lossless, use Apple Lossless.

MJJ????;4094951 said:
who can tell me whendangerous tour munich 1992 will leak?

If there was a specific answer to this question, then it would not have been a leak.

This concert would be awesome:

If the audio is great enough to officially upload it to Youtube it is good enough for DVD.

If You wanna feel the Wembley '88 magic search for the "original mixes" ou IMWHIZZLE Version

This concert would be awesome:

If the audio is great enough to officially upload it to Youtube it is good enough for DVD.

It's funny to me they chose this clip, out of 123 shows and approximately 246 hours of MJ performing, where he forgets the words of the first verse lol

It's funny to me they chose this clip, out of 123 shows and approximately 246 hours of MJ performing, where he forgets the words of the first verse lol

To show it's live. - Actually this is what makes live performances magic IMO. - Those little "mistakes" makes every concert individual and worth watching. This is IMO what the HIStory tour lacks. HIStory concerts are like playing the same tape over and over - just changing the name of the location.

I would like much more BAD and Dangerous concerts to be released - and I would only be happy if there are some "mistakes" or something different that maked each concert special and unique.

I didn't know that video is still on the official Youtube channel. It looks like they have set the video as private so you can't find it without the link.

Last edited:
To show it's live. - Actually this is what makes live performances magic IMO. - Those little "mistakes" makes every concert individual and worth watching. This is IMO what the HIStory tour lacks. HIStory concerts are like playing the same tape over and over - just changing the name of the location.

I would like much more BAD and Dangerous concerts to be released - and I would only be happy if there are some "mistakes" or something different that maked each concert special and unique.

Couldn't disagree more. Every show was different. MJs moves were different and I love seeing those changes. 'Mistakes' don't make a show more interesting to me, it's more of a novelty.

MJs performances throughout all of his tours were incredibly refined. Compare WBSS from several 1988 Bad shows. He had it down to a fine art. That argument is unfairly made if only making it for one tour.

But, let's not turn this into yet another 'History tour sucks' thread.

I remember the Diana clip being on iTunes. I wonder why they removed it. Must be a promo tape?

Couldn't disagree more. Every show was different. MJs moves were different and I love seeing those changes. 'Mistakes' don't make a show more interesting to me, it's more of a novelty.

MJs performances throughout all of his tours were incredibly refined. Compare WBSS from several 1988 Bad shows. He had it down to a fine art. That argument is unfairly made if only making it for one tour.

But, let's not turn this into yet another 'History tour sucks' thread.

I remember the Diana clip being on iTunes. I wonder why they removed it. Must be a promo tape?

I do still enjoy the History tour. So it was not meant to trash it at all. :)

I do still enjoy the History tour. So it was not meant to trash it at all. :)

Awesome, sorry. Maybe I'm a little too defensive of the tour on here because it gets so unfairly bashed all the time!!

I'm going off on a bit of a tangent but a great audio mix is of paramount importance when it comes to live releases. I was just listening today to the Prince concert live from syracruse from the Purple Rain Tour in 1985, this concert has been available on laser disc for a long time but they just recently re-released this show on streaming services, newly mastered by Bernie Grundman. The mixing on this concert is dreadful. It is so unbalanced and chaotic that it is almost unlistenable especially with big speakers. It is probably the worst live mix i've ever heard that has gotten an official release from a major artist. Now I don't know if the audio came straight from the FOH. If that is an indication of how badly a FOH can sound, especially with a concert from the 80s, i'm afraid much of the audio on the bad tour tapes may be unusable due to the poor audio quality.

Back