“Can I Come Down There?”

mj_frenzy

Proud Member
Country
Greece
Why MJ did not, for the most part, “come down there” during the performance of ‘She’s out of my Life’?

One time that he did that was during his performance in Japan (‘Bad’ Tour, 1987) but apart from that it appears that MJ never again “came down there”:

[video=youtube;85Y2AqM2IfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Y2AqM2IfQ[/video]

He never intented to go down there. It was part of the performance like the crying thing after She's Out of My Life and I'll Be There. Also during Victory Tour before performing Human Nature he was going to perform other song but he never did.

Galactus123;4097866 said:
He never intented to go down there. It was part of the performance like the crying thing after She's Out of My Life and I'll Be There. Also during Victory Tour before performing Human Nature he was going to perform other song but he never did.

My guess is that MJ wanted to arouse the audience’s senses & feel their devotion in the middle of his most poignant songs (‘She’s out of my Life’).

mj_frenzy;4097850 said:
Why MJ did not, for the most part, “come down there” during the performance of ‘She’s out of my Life’?

One time that he did that was during his performance in Japan (‘Bad’ Tour, 1987) but apart from that it appears that MJ never again “came down there”:

[video=youtube;85Y2AqM2IfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Y2AqM2IfQ[/video]

Lol at the bolded part.. now that I think about it for the most part he always said can I come down there and waited for a girl to "come up" instead and hug him.

I'm gonna take some serious heat for this, but I could never get down with the crying breakdown in I'll Be There. I get it was to add to the emotion of the song, but for me it was just always so awkward that it still makes me cringe when I watch it to this day. I know I know. I'm sorry :p

I'm gonna take some serious heat for this, but I could never get down with the crying breakdown in I'll Be There. I get it was to add to the emotion of the song, but for me it was just always so awkward that it still makes me cringe when I watch it to this day. I know I know. I'm sorry :p

I was 10 when I saw him with my dad and even at that age when he went down I just looked awkwardly at my dad who was skitting laughing!

Michael always knew how to hold an audience in the palm of his hand and he knew he'd get an orgasmic, frenzied... response from the girls with that question.

I think maybe he said it because he wanted a fan to come up and comfort him during the song because if he went in the audience, too many people would want to touch him.

Michael started saying this durinf tge Triumph Tour performing She's Out of My Life, its featured on the Triumph Live album

He didn't in the Triumph tour??
I had asked this earlier-and now that we've seen that new Triumph Tour clip, I see that he didn't-he just laid down on the stage-and rolled over in "anguish." It's funny how things are different than we remember.

Was it Todd Gray who did the photography for the Triumph tour? I remember the story where Michael told him to stand in a certain place in front to capture the moment when he sang S0OML-and when Michael said "Can I come down There?", three rows of fans surged forward and almost crushed him to death.

Was it Todd Gray who did the photography for the Triumph tour? I remember the story where Michael told him to stand in a certain place in front to capture the moment when he sang S0OML-and when Michael said "Can I come down There?", three rows of fans surged forward and almost crushed him to death.

Yes, it was in Todd Gray's book.

Back