• Fly Away (Rebbie Jackson)

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Night Time Lover (LaToya Jackson)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Alright Now (Ralph Tresvant)

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Do The Bartman (The Simpsons)

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Lisa It's Your Birthday (The Simpsons)

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

HIStory

Proud Member
I possibly left out some, but feel free to mention anything you can think of.

(You can pick more than one.)

He did a demo of Lisa It's Your Birthday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVxCIoKmjcQ

Listen to the part where he sings "and your first kiss fraaaam ah boiiiiii!!!" That gets me every time.

Holy childhood flashback! Man, you know, despite the 93 controversy which I was too young to understand (born in 87) I feel like the 90's for me at least was a great time to become an MJ fan. Dangerous was the first album I ever owned that I remember vividly (with solid living room dance memories to boot.) Black or White was the first video I ever remember watching. I had no concept of American football (still don't) and only watched the Super Bowl performance for the first time because of MJ and was blown away. Not to mention the sheer magnitude of the clips about the History tour. So many clips. So much MJ. Haha. And then of course, there was the introduction of the internet aka The Fanboard *swoon* These are all things I remember as a kid, and I miss it a heck of lot, especially when I'm listening to demos such as the above posted. *big big sigh*

I think both Centipede and Fly Away are very solid tracks, so I voted for those. I like Do The Bartman too, and Muscles is decent too. Joy and Alright Now are nice, but fairly standard R&B tracks. I love The Brothers Johnson but This Had To Be is not a very strong track, and I don't really like Eaten Alive and Night Time Lover (awful vocals by Latoya don't help). Lisa It's Your Birthday is the weakest of the bunch imo.

Last edited:
There is this one he wrote that was sung by a girl in the mid 80's, can't quite remember who it was but I love that song! But from that list I would go with Joy and Alright Now

^^'You're the One' -Jennifer Holliday (Dreamgirls)? Love the song. Love that Michael was such a dreamy romantic.
My favorite is probably 'Fly Away'.

Just listened to 'Alright Now'-pretty romantic too.

Last edited:
Holy childhood flashback! Man, you know, despite the 93 controversy which I was too young to understand (born in 87) I feel like the 90's for me at least was a great time to become an MJ fan. Dangerous was the first album I ever owned that I remember vividly (with solid living room dance memories to boot.) Black or White was the first video I ever remember watching. I had no concept of American football (still don't) and only watched the Super Bowl performance for the first time because of MJ and was blown away. Not to mention the sheer magnitude of the clips about the History tour. So many clips. So much MJ. Haha. And then of course, there was the introduction of the internet aka The Fanboard *swoon* These are all things I remember as a kid, and I miss it a heck of lot, especially when I'm listening to demos such as the above posted. *big big sigh*

LOL @ the opening words. I loveee this kind of stories where people go back to cherished memories of Michael, irrespective of the circumstances of his life.

Far as the thread goes......This had to be is pretty good, but my votes went to Joy and Alright Now.

I may have gone for the Other category as well, but there were a bit too many songs to include. Nah, just kiddin'; there's nothing that comes to mind.

I think "Fly Away" is the best, but "Eaten Alive" is by far the sexiest, you can't top that lol. Centipede is close though.

"Eaten Alive" is by far the sexiest, you can't top that lol.

Definitely very sexy.

Gotta do her, crawl all over me
You can rip my shirt, drag me in the dirt
I will be your slave, anything you say
I don't ever wanna be eaten alive

I felt Michael meant every word of it. LOL.

I really enjoy when both The Weeknd and Bruno Mars sing Dirty Diana!!

I think both Centipede and Fly Away are very solid tracks, so I voted for those. I like Do The Bartman too, and Muscles is decent too. Joy and Alright Now are nice, but fairly standard R&B tracks. I love The Brothers Johnson but This Had To Be is not a very strong track, and I don't really like Eaten Alive and Night Time Lover (awful vocals by Latoya don't help). Lisa It's Your Birthday is the weakest of the bunch imo.

Who covered Fly Away?

EATEN ALIVE: definitely very sexy.

I felt Michael meant every word of it. LOL.

I have been listening to this (and watching this video) for the last couple of days-I don't know if I heard it back in the day and just forgot about it, or never heard it before, but to listen to Michael spit out those lyrics in such an aggressive, overtly sexual way-in his full adult voice-and with Diana there-is almost embarrassing to me. I feel like I stumbled into an intensely passionate intimate moment or something here-Jeez-this is really some song!

CentipeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeede! And Eaten Alive! Unf.

OMG lol I love Lisa It's Your Birthday - all my MJ fan friends and I are always "Lisa" on our birthdays - on facebook you'll see a bunch of regular birthday greetings, and then our crazy asses are like OMG LISA IT'S *YOUR* BIRFDAI, IT'S *YOUR* BIRFDAI LISA HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISAAAA and everyone else is like wtf.

It's great. I love it.

I voted for Centipede and Do The Bartman. Eaten Alive has sexy background vocals, I agree but I'm not a fan of Diana Ross, the solo performer, I like more the songs she did with The Supremes.

I also love Lisa It's Your Birthday but not The Simpsons version, Michael's voice is unmistakably gorgeous.

I say Muscles. :yes: I never knew about "You're the One," so romantic! :heart:

They never performed it (yet!! YET!!) but I also LOVE "The Way You Love Me" that Michael wrote for Hanson :3 I'm a huge Hanson fan and it's one of my missions in life to see them perform it.

I don't caaaaare I still must believe it in my headcanon forever and ever. Based on the time he wrote it and their sound at the time as well, it would definitely ~work.

Hah! According to copyright, it was written in 2004 and not in fact during the beginning of the 2000's. But, if that works for their sound at the time, live your life girl :p

Hanson was being yanked around by Island Def Jam at the time, so it's not surprising if people weren't aware their sound was changing/maturing (plus the album they did release in 2004 was a lot like that). I also wonder if the copyright was just never submitted before the demo version of the song was released on the Ultimate Collection since that's the year it came out. PLUS they worked together on WMCIG (kinda, but Hanson are on both Spanish and English versions) so even if they didn't meet, by 2001 Hanson was kind of old news but in my head Michael probably thought they were awesome because Middle of Nowhere is a straight-up funk/Motown pop album and people don't even know lol

Gotta do her, crawl all over me
You can rip my shirt, drag me in the dirt
I will be your slave, anything you say
I don't ever wanna be eaten alive

Ah, the joy of hearing Michael say things like I'll be your slave & crawl all over me, rip my shirt.. not to mention gotta do her.. geez :heat:

Anyway, I do kinda like Eaten Alive & Muscles - can't believe Michael wrote that one, lol.. but voted for Fly Away (don't really like what Rebbie did with it but love Michael's version!)

Didn't he also co-write Satisfy You with Bryan Loren? I like that one too :yes:

^'my only wish is to satisfy you'... ugh. But yeah, it really is quite a nice song.. I read he actually recorded it during Dangerous sessions but didn't like it enough to use it. Still hope the demo is out there and we'll get to hear it some day! :D

Lisa it's your birthday and do the bartman. the simpsons was one of Michael favorite shows. i swear lisa it's your birthday has been in my head for years now. very sweet and cute song and episode.

Back