More Black or White Behind The Scenes

HIStory

Proud Member
This is not newly leaked footage, it seems to come from some old TV program, but it was recently uploaded on YT and I have not seen it before.

That sounds and looks like Pat O'Brien who used to host Access Hollywood. He got caught up in a pretty nasty scandal of his own.

But this was fun to see. I must not have seen it at the time bc I watched the big premiere and don't remember having any sneak peeks. Michael could be so nice to press sometimes. Lol.

This is not newly leaked footage, it seems to come from some old TV program, but it was recently uploaded on YT and I have not seen it before.

It was new to me. Loved it, very cute :)

Whooooaaa ... I haven't seen this since I was a kid. I just had an image of 5 year old me sitting cross legged on the floor thinking MJ was the coolest looking dude on the planet. Haha.

Whooooaaa ... I haven't seen this since I was a kid. I just had an image of 5 year old me sitting cross legged on the floor thinking MJ was the coolest looking dude on the planet. Haha.

No wonder you would think that. Cause it's exactly what he was :D that and a few other things as well.

I have really enjoyed watching this over and over today-it's really fun. But I noticed that John Landis has already started his spill that "Thriller" was all him and Michael just wanted to turn into a monster. HA. No wonder he doesn't feel bad about it-he did it right in front of Michael's face.

I have really enjoyed watching this over and over today-it's really fun. But I noticed that John Landis has already started his spill that "Thriller" was all him and Michael just wanted to turn into a monster. HA. No wonder he doesn't feel bad about it-he did it right in front of Michael's face.

Landis wasnt trying to take all the credit, Michael did pursue Landis to direct Thriller

Landis wasnt trying to take all the credit, Michael did pursue Landis to direct Thriller
Yes, I know he did. Just like he hired him to direct "Black or White." Because of 'Werewolves in London' he called Landis and got the whole Rick Baker team too.

It's well known that they didn't want a third video for Thriller and it was Frank diLeo's idea in the first place and since Michael was so impressed with the werewolf makeup in that movie, he called him. I know Landis wrote up a story idea, but they have both talked about how they worked on the story together-and the dance was definitely figured out by Michael Peters and Michael. ("we had to figure out how to make the zombies dance and not look silly."

Landis has a tendency to make it sound like ALL of "Thriller"-the story, idea of a short film, everything about it was due to him alone-and Michael, let alone Quincy, Michael Peters, his own wife, etc. had any contributions to make at all. You heard him say here "Michael just showed up."

I even heard him tell a story that he sneaked into the studio to get hold of the master tapes to change the song-extend it or something-it was all him.

I'm not one of those that thinks Michael did every single thing with this project at this time. He was definitely in a learning mode-he let Steve Barron go with his original story and added a bit, he did the same with Bob and Beat It and again he was an attentive student with Landis. He knew to hire the best and he learned from the best. He was an attentive student. And he's a great with collaboration-probably comes from working with his brothers.

But he did contribute by then-a lot-. But it's OK-if that's the way Landis wants to remember it and tell it, that's fine.

Last edited:
Yes, I know he did. Just like he hired him to direct "Black or White." Because of 'Werewolves in London' he called Landis and got the whole Rick Baker team too.

It's well known that they didn't want a third video for Thriller and it was Frank diLeo's idea in the first place and since Michael was so impressed with the werewolf makeup in that movie, he called him. I know Landis wrote up a story idea, but they have both talked about how they worked on the story together-and the dance was definitely figured out by Michael Peters and Michael. ("we had to figure out how to make the zombies dance and not look silly."

Landis has a tendency to make it sound like ALL of "Thriller"-the story, idea of a short film, everything about it was due to him alone-and Michael, let alone Quincy, Michael Peters, his own wife, etc. had any contributions to make at all. You heard him say here "Michael just showed up."

I even heard him tell a story that he sneaked into the studio to get hold of the master tapes to change the song-extend it or something-it was all him.

I'm not one of those that thinks Michael did every single thing with this project at this time. He was definitely in a learning mode-he let Steve Barron go with his original story and added a bit, he did the same with Bob and Beat It and again he was an attentive student with Landis. He knew to hire the best and he learned from the best. He was an attentive student. And he's a great with collaboration-probably comes from working with his brothers.

But he did contribute by then-a lot-. But it's OK-if that's the way Landis wants to remember it and tell it, that's fine.

38c518bd48947b487776b92f2eac89abc7847091ee91a3ab988c7d2f9a927a83.jpg

@respect77, thanks for sharing this!

I didn't get the part when the narrator links the Bad album with a part of the lyric of the song. Can someone please explain?

I didn't get the part when the narrator links the Bad album with a part of the lyric of the song. Can someone please explain?
The way I understood it is that Michael hadn't done an album since Bad ("this is the first recorded sound since the BAD album 3 years ago") and this was his comeback of sorts-that's why he invited the press to the set.

He said Michael was full of "nervous excitement about getting it right" and wants to prove there's no one else like him: "I ain't second to none."

Back