ULTIMATE MJ Fashion Trademarks

What's your favourite/s MJ Fashion Trademarks from the list?

• Total voters
The Rhinestone glove was the true trademark of the whole Thriller era and the Smooth criminal shoes because its Smooth criminal, the coolest video ever made!

Link with facts:
STYLIGHT-version-v3-Final-COM.gif

If you can think of any other MJ Fashion Trademarks, feel free to share others :)

God I was thinking about this just yesterday!

IMO almost every one of his fashion choices were trademarks. For example the rhinestone glove, the Black or White button-up over a white t and black pants. The leg + arm armor, the finger-tapes, the fedora, the belts + buckles, the penny loafers+ visible white socks. The military jackets, the curls, the shiny Billie Jean coat, the red Thriller jacket, the Beat It jacket, the armband, the Smooth Criminal attire, the aviator sunglasses, the Dangerous outfit, the gold pants.

However, his best fashion trademark for me is the Black or White look. That might be his most recognizable trademark, next to the one glove and the Thriller Jacket and the Billie Jean coat.

I voted Fedora hat but you forgot the pants with white line:
1252690819968_f.jpg

I knew that there would be other trademarks as MJ had a lot of signature clothes/accessories ;) I was just referring to the link :) In addition to this, this is why I knew that others would be posted / wanted other trademarks to be posted as well (y)

God I was thinking about this just yesterday!

IMO almost every one of his fashion choices were trademarks. For example the rhinestone glove, the Black or White button-up over a white t and black pants. The leg + arm armor, the finger-tapes, the fedora, the belts + buckles, the penny loafers+ visible white socks. The military jackets, the curls, the shiny Billie Jean coat, the red Thriller jacket, the Beat It jacket, the armband, the Smooth Criminal attire, the aviator sunglasses, the Dangerous outfit, the gold pants.

However, his best fashion trademark for me is the Black or White look. That might be his most recognizable trademark, next to the one glove and the Thriller Jacket and the Billie Jean coat.

Maybe I should have added an 'Other/all the others' option :) Oh well... similar to what you said, there are so many trademarks! :D

The Single Rhinestone Glove

The Fedora Hat

The Aviator Sunglasses

- I would say that's the 3 most iconic/known MJ fashion trademarks.

The Single Rhinestone Glove

The Fedora Hat

The Aviator Sunglasses

- I would say that's the 3 most iconic/known MJ fashion trademarks.

You're forgetting the jackets and the footwear!

It is pretty much a tied between his glove and his hat as my number 1 favorite. But out of those 2 it is definitely his hat. That I really L.O.V.E. the most. Which explains why this MJ pic has remain as my desktop background for months and months now. I just so totally L.O.V.E. this picture of Michael. As well any other picture of him wearing his hat. But the S.I.M. pic is probably my most favorite one.

I chose the 'Fedora hat'! That is so Michael really! It really fits him.

MJJCrocks_zps073acae9.jpg

I was exactly looking for the 'GOLD' pants :blush: You forgot that one! As to me, it's an ICONIC piece of clothing too! :cheeky:

manhoodthread_zps1e685e99.jpg

:pirate:

Man everything was trademark for MJ, from his hair style with pieces of bangs coming down to just everything... He has to have the most recognizable silhouette ever!! From to top bottom it's straight trademark - he was an expert at making himself a sellable brand!!

The Smooth Criminal jacket, hat combined with the "metal" pants on Bad Tour is what blasts anything for me. Only he could pull of that stuff, because he was so thin, everyone else would look fat in that outfit, lol.

Also the Billie Jean video outfit. Pink socks and shirt and a Leather Jacket. It's a fantastic look, as if he took that "Jesse Woods Johnson look" and made it much better. He looked perfect in that video.

This made me remember the Motown 25 night-when he stepped out on his own, and hiked up his pants and slammed on the fedora-and struck the pose-It was at that moment that I noticed the socks, loafers, high pants, and sequin jacket all together-and I was freaking out-what was he going to do? When he had been singing with his brothers I barely noticed his outfit-I was just so happy to see them all together-and I just stared at his beautiful face and gorgeous curls.

I remember staring at my mother and words wouldn't come out-and I thought the jacket and Fedora was Judy Garland, the pose was Sammy Davis Jr. and Ben Vereen, the high water pants and gloves were Bob Fosse anything-the socks and loafers were definitely Gene Kelly in American In Paris-what was he going to do???????????????And the bass lick started and of course, he did all of them all mashed together uniquely Michael and became a global phenom.

But if I had to pick iconic Michael-I'd say the red leather jacket in the inverted V shape-the single glove. And of course, the combo of the military jacket with the fedora-no one else had that look ever. And he just looked fantastic in those together.

for me it would have to be the glove and the socks/shoes. Whenever I see anyone wearing white socks and black shoes in public I automatically think of MJ, so do most people I would assume.

The Fedora.

Why?

Because I wear a Fedora and despite wearing it for a number of years and it having nothing to do with Michael, every person I meet, especially since last year, all keep saying, "Oh you're trying to be Michael Jackson" :(

I chose the rhinestone socks and penny loafers. michael took a trend from the '50s, and literally put magic on it to make it his own :)

Red Leather Jacket, Fedora Hat, Military Jacket, Aviator Sunglasses, Sequin Jacket. i also like the penny loafers and the belts but i didn't vote for them.

The Fedora.

Why?

Because I wear a Fedora and despite wearing it for a number of years and it having nothing to do with Michael, every person I meet, especially since last year, all keep saying, "Oh you're trying to be Michael Jackson" :(

how old were they?

Back