Jermaine Jackson gives all Jackson brothers a diamond ring to celebrate their 50th anniversary

JM77

Proud Member
Live on Good Morning Britain this morning, The Jacksons were guests as they are headlining the BBC Proms tomorrow (12th Sep.). After their 50th anniversary was mentioned during the interview, Jermaine gave all his brothers a 5 carat diamond ring for the celebration - including one for himself and for Michael.
See an article for more info: http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/604448/Jemaine-Jackson-Michael-Jackson-ring-The-Jackson-5-diamond-ring-Good-Morning-Britain

The-Jackson-5-604448.jpg

You can watch the interview here: http://www.itv.com/goodmorningbritain/entertainment/the-jacksons-bbc-proms

Last edited:
That's sweet of him.. When I first read the headline I wondered if he got one for Michael too.. That's awesome

When I first read the headline I wondered if he got one for Michael too..

The headline from the article is:

Blimey! Jemaine Jackson unveils ENORMOUS diamond ring for late brother Michael live on GMB

by the way

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-34224626

The Jackson 5 score UK number one

The Jackson 5 are at number one in the UK singles chart, after their 1970 hit single ABC was sampled by a British DJ.

Sigala's song Easy Love welds Michael Jackson's vocals to a summery house beat. It has beaten the original song's chart peak of number eight.

The track even has the seal of approval from Tito Jackson, who said he "loved the track", according to Sigala.

The headline from the article is:

Blimey! Jemaine Jackson unveils ENORMOUS diamond ring for late brother Michael live on GMB

The Headline of the thread is: Jermaine Jackson gives all Jackson brothers a diamond ring to celebrate their 50th anniversary

Thanks though lol

Maybe it's just me, but there always seems to be some kind of sarcastic tone to articles about Michael or his brothers-Jermaine "bizarrely said...." and "they seemed to have no idea about the Proms", the event they're going to play at.

Why would they? They're US citizens-wouldn't this be a good time for the hosts to go into some UK history about it? I have no clue what the Proms is.

Maybe it's just me, but there always seems to be some kind of sarcastic tone to articles about Michael or his brothers-Jermaine "bizarrely said...." and "they seemed to have no idea about the Proms", the event they're going to play at.

Why would they? They're US citizens-wouldn't this be a good time for the hosts to go into some UK history about it? I have no clue what the Proms is.

No, it's not just you. The bitchiness towards them is prevalent in numerous articles, many of them from overseas new outlets, but the snarky is worldwide. To me, a prom is a dance we attended in high school. I never heard of this festival or whatever it is, either.

I have to say, when I am a artist and agree to perform on a special festival in a ohter country I would do a little research aobut it and not go one day before the performance to a TV show in the country and have nothing to say abouut the festival. A little research in internet, which is done in minutes can be expected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Proms

I have to say, when I am a artist and agree to perform on a special festival in a ohter country I would do a little research aobut it and not go one day before the performance to a TV show in the country and have nothing to say abouut the festival. A little research in internet, which is done in minutes can be expected.

Well, true, which is what I did when I heard about it. I imagine they probably did the same and got this "Cliff's Note" version since Jackie said they knew it was old, happens once a year, and it's quite prestigious. Obviously it's an honor to be asked to perform.

I saw where the real name is the "Promenade Concerts" and that it's usually classical music or British nationalist music-it's at Royal Albert Hall with the last night at Hyde Park-but I guess I just expected the hosts to be more hospitable and kinda go into the history of the thing.

Nevertheless, looking at both the rehearsal and their performance, it looks like it was great. The audience was great-and I loved the orchestra behind them.

I guess I just expected the hosts to be more hospitable and kinda go into the history of the thing.

I would too. Another thing to point out is if you're inviting someone to a party, event, venue, special event, etc., then it is the responsibility of the HOST to inform the guests of the details of what it is about, not the other way around. That is the sensible thing to do; not invite someone to something they're not familiar with and expect them to do the research.

Last edited:

Yes, I would too:) I kind of understand the interviewers astonishment (or if they used of word bizarre in this occasion) as who in this internet age admits that they don't know what the festival is about if they have agreed to appear to it.

On the different note, I see Jermaine is still man of comedy:D
"he explained their longevity had come from their astounding dedication and devotion to their craft while he enthused that five decades on from their debut single I Want You Back, the quartet still "strive to be the best"."

Well, true, which is what I did when I heard about it. I imagine they probably did the same and got this "Cliff's Note" version since Jackie said they knew it was old, happens once a year, and it's quite prestigious. Obviously it's an honor to be asked to perform.

I saw where the real name is the "Promenade Concerts" and that it's usually classical music or British nationalist music-it's at Royal Albert Hall with the last night at Hyde Park-but I guess I just expected the hosts to be more hospitable and kinda go into the history of the thing.

Nevertheless, looking at both the rehearsal and their performance, it looks like it was great. The audience was great-and I loved the orchestra behind them.

It's only really the last half of the last night that is 'nationalistic'; the rest of the Prom concerts always include all kinds of classical and several newly commissioned works from around the world too. I was amused that this year's ''Last Night' was an 'American takeover', with the Jacksons headlining in the Park, and a wonderful American (female) conductor , Marin Alsop, in the Royal Albert Hall, conducting the BBC Symphony orchestra and chorus. (The Jacksons were backed by the BBC concert orchestra). Marin has conducted the last night before, and has a wonderful 'lightness of touch', bringing deep musicality and a very 'fun' sense of humour to the proceedings.

(The concert in the Park and the concert in the Hall join up for the second half of the last night. They even sing part-songs together!...helped by concert audiences linked from Glasgow, Swansea and Belfast...the Titanic slipway was the latter venue this year.) The BBC likes a technical challenge!

Here are the joined up audiences in 2015 singing Aaron Copland's 'I bought me a cat' ( also American!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40MEJIOAEz8

Last edited:
Just seen this pic on Twitter...the rest of the diamonds were on 'erms guitar! WOW
(Love the bracelets but I think they were just decoration, not bullion/ diamonds)

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/f05QdBxjp][/URL]

Jermaine Jackson ‏@jermjackson5 · 11m11 minutes ago
The fine 400-carat @CoronetDiamonds Gibson, a Guinness world-record for most valuable guitar ($2m) #aaronshumjewelry

I told my friend last night that the Jackson brothers had been on Good Morning Britain this week showing off their rings.

I nearly crashed my car from the laughing that followed.

This is a beautiful gesture by Jermaine. If the remaining Jackson brothers do not celebrate their musical legacy, who will?

The Headline of the thread is: Jermaine Jackson gives all Jackson brothers a diamond ring to celebrate their 50th anniversary

The headline is correct. Despite his passing, Michael remains a Jackson brother and member of The Jackson 5.

I would too. Another thing to point out is if you're inviting someone to a party, event, venue, special event, etc., then it is the responsibility of the HOST to inform the guests of the details of what it is about, not the other way around. That is the sensible thing to do; not invite someone to something they're not familiar with and expect them to do the research.

Correct. It is the host's responsibility.

To be honest, I do not believe the Jacksons do not know about the Proms. London is one of Tito's favorite cities, if not the favorite, and the Jacksons have performed in London throughout their careers. I believe Michael said similar comments about Parliament soccer/football during the Geller documentary when he was Fayed's guest. It is simply easier at times to feign ignorance and defer to a gracious host.

Last edited:
lol how tacky. how much did it cost katherine er sorry michael to pay for that publicity stunt.who even thought of such a tacky stunt?! dont answer that. should use the money to pay for your child support instead flashing around fake wealth paid for by others mike would be so impressed not. . patheticly embarrassing

50th annivers of what? i guess they made something up as they cant wait till 2018 ,2019 a date thats actually relevent.

lol how tacky. how much did it cost katherine er sorry michael to pay for that publicity stunt.who even thought of such a tacky stunt?! dont answer that. should use the money to pay for your child support instead flashing around fake wealth paid for by others mike would be so impressed not. . patheticly embarrassing

50th annivers of what? i guess they made something up as they cant wait till 2018 ,2019 a date thats actually relevent.

:coffee: The only thing tacky is the way you went off on the gesture made by Jermaine to his brothers. As for what is relevant or not, it's not up to you to decide what is relevant to THEM. The original band's name was the Jackson Brothers (pre Marlon and Michael) and they formed in 1964. Shortly after that Marlon and Mike were added to the line up and they became the Jackson 5. There's nothing wrong with Jermaine commemorating their beginning before the fame came. All bands/artists have to start somewhere and they aren't stars out of the gate.

You, nor I nor anyone on this site knows if he's paying his child support or not and it's none of our business. They are touring and they aren't doing it for free; he could have used some of his earnings from that to buy the rings. Maybe he used funds from some of his investments or something, I don't know.

People need to focus on their own bank instead of someone else's... :crackingup:

I don't think Jermy has paid his child support and don't think he never will:D
Jermy didn't pay for those rings nor Michael's estate (always good thing), he has just moved from promoting vita water to promoting Diamonds for that company.
I checked what is going on as Jermy is not known for his generous heart unless he himself is in the receiving end, so here you go:
http://www.aaronshum.com/en/press_detail.php?id=30

Kinda sad that their 'family moment' on TV was mainly about advertising. I guess that the UK TV hosts didn't realise....

SheilaMJFan4Ever, I agree with much of your post.

Michael also wrote that The Jackson Five was not an overnight sensation; years of work before being signed to Motown.

At the risk of sounding rude, some of these posts are simply ridiculous. Attempting to diminish the brothers achievement directly diminishes Michael's lest one forgets or simply is not aware.

Michael also did not finance his 30th anniversary special independently nor did he finance other celebratory specials about himself independently. It would be economically foolish (and some would see such actions as vain) for an artist to do so.

Coronet could have chosen any star and any guitarist/bassist. It was an honor to chose the Jacksons and Jermaine. They are living legends. Coronet wisely knows what artist(s) they want their products and brand to be associated with.

Coronet could have chosen any star and any guitarist/bassist. It was an honor to chose the Jacksons and Jermaine. They are living legends. Coronet wisely knows what artist(s) they want their products and brand to be associated with.

I suspect that the choice is not unconnected with Jermaine's planned investments in China, like this one (from a previous thread):

GoJLJ Entertainment will partner with Guangxi Satellite TV to jointly develop 'China Hollywood City' in the Guangxi province. (....which is bordered by Hunan, Guangdong, Yunnan, Guizhou, and also by Vietnam in the SW.)

The Project, to be named 'China Cinematic Crystal City (CCCC)' has been approved by the Guangxi Provincial government. The original concept of crystal city was conceived and developed by Jermaine Jackson, founding shareholder and Chairman of GoJLJ Entertainment.

The objective of CCCC is to establish a fully-functional centre to foster the development and expansion of China's movie and TV industry. The Guangxi Provincial Government has nominated three suitable cities within the Province it will support for this development; Nanning, Fangchenggang, and Qinzhou.......CCCC will be the go-to place where Hollywood's and China's entertainment industry stakeholders meet to do business.

CCCC will embrace a range of activities including movie production facilities, TV studios, green screen studios, soundstages, post-production, CG and animation facilities for films and TV shows, a school for film, TV and professional acting. The chosen city will become the official headquarters for the global movie industry in China, and the place to produce movies for the rapidly -expanding Chinese entertainment market. It will also provisionally host a 5-star Jermajesty hotel and resort, a Jackson Life museum and entertainment centre, a movie-based theme-park, a walk of fame, commercial and residential developments ('CCCC Businesses').

............It is envisaged that the CCCC development will take at least 10 years to complete, in a number of stages, and will involve investment of at least US$ 10 billion...... Go JLJ Entertainment and Guangxi Satellite TV have agreed to work together to secure investors..... TheGuangxi Provincial Government will ensure that land, human resources, tax concessions, and licenses will be provided to advance the CCCC project and to create a Hollywood in China.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2014051...j1x1p93gvz.pdf

Myosotis, it seems Jermaine’s idea is very impressive.

I personally do not see the connection you are suggesting however; according to the press release from Coronet that Bubs posted above, Jermaine and the Jackson family’s musical history are referred to as legendary, three Jackson Five hits are referred to, and lastly, their 50th anniversary is referred.

You personally may not see the Jackson Five as legends and Michael’s brothers as living legends for whatever reasons. Others rightfully do; so much so, they prefer to have living legends support their products and brand such as this owner of Coronet.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this....so I've added another 'Jermaine' initiative here: The Jermaine Jackson 'Jelephant watch'! (Which apparently 'never forgets ???)

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pohjvvYTj][/URL]

example details:
Movement No: MO 1211
Watch diameter: 43 mm
Watch thickness: 13 mm
At least 155 pieces of subassembly module and 18 jewels
Frequency: 28,800 Oscillation/Hour
The balance wheel and the escapement system
encircle the center of balance wheel
The tourbillon located at 6 o’clock rotate at a speed of
60s for one circle
40 hours power reserve
Flying tourbillon
Jelephant embossment on the dial
2 Rubies on Jelephant’s eyes
12 diamonds as index
Red hands
Alligator strap
Both sides sapphire crystal

Tourbillon:
In horology, a tourbillon is an addition to the mechanics of a watch escapement. Developed around 1795 and patented by the French-Swiss watchmaker Abraham-Louis Breguet on June 26, 1801, a tourbillon aims to counter the effects of gravity by mounting the escapement and balance wheel in a rotating cage, to negate the effect of gravity when the timepiece is stuck in a certain position. By continuously rotating the entire balance wheel/escapement assembly at a slow rate, the tourbillon averages out positional errors

http://jermainejackson5.com/en/business/119-jackson-series-jelephant-tourbillon-watch

https://www.bizapedia.com/trademarks/jj-86908427.html

The mark consists of a gold elephant head wearing gold headphones with silver highlights on the trunk and white eyes on a black background.

https://trademarks.justia.com/867/46/n-86746446.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[An opportunity to meet Jermaine Jackson!!]
The very first collaboration between Memorigin and JHH Entertainment Ltd.! Memorigin is proud to present the Jackson Series: Jelephant tourbillon watch designed by Jermaine Jackson. Simply answer 1 question to stand a chance to win a free ticket to meet Jermaine Jackson at Jelephant tourbillon product launch event! It will be a moment to remember forever!

If you have already pre-ordered Jelephant tourbillon and won the game, the watch will be presented by Jermaine Jackson at the event. You will also have a chance to take a photo with Jermaine and receive that photo with his autograph on it!

Are you ready? Follow these steps to join the game!

Question: “Which song from Jermaine Jackson do you like and why?”

You must:
1) Answer the question in the comment box
2) Tag 3 friends
3) Like Memorigin US Facebook Page

If you have already pre-ordered Jelephant tourbillon, you must also:
- Send the receipt of purchase to us via INBOX message

Prize: A free ticket of Jelephant tourbillon product launch event in New York x 10 pcs
Game Period: 1 May 2017, 00:00am (EDT) - 31 May 2017, 11:59pm (EDT)
Announcement Date: 2 Jun 2017

**Terms & Conditions: https://goo.gl/0BqHHD

The story of Jackson Series: http://memorigin.com/miniwebsite/jackson/
To purchase the Jackson Series: http://memorigin-us.com/

Last edited:
I cannot judge the quality, but that watch looks creepy and corny at the same time ... and the name "Jelephant", come on! :lol:

Regarding the watch and other Jermaine venture.. I'll have to say I appreciate it.. Cool or not, at least he's trying to make money himself. That is more than many other jacksons that ONLY depend on Michael.. Jermiane has the watches, has that water that goes partially to charity.. Some Jacksons only have the old albums and Michael..

Back