Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jermaine Jackson gives all Jackson brothers a diamond ring to celebrate their 50th anniversary

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Default Jermaine Jackson gives all Jackson brothers a diamond ring to celebrate their 50th anniversary

Live on Good Morning Britain this morning, The Jacksons were guests as they are headlining the BBC Proms tomorrow (12th Sep.). After their 50th anniversary was mentioned during the interview, Jermaine gave all his brothers a 5 carat diamond ring for the celebration - including one for himself and for Michael.
    See an article for more info: http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-...orning-Britain

You can watch the interview here: http://www.itv.com/goodmorningbritai...sons-bbc-proms
    Last edited by JM77; 11-09-2015 at 02:21 PM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JM77 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,766 Times in 2,232 Posts

Default Re: Jermaine Jackson gives all Jackson brothers a diamond ring to celebrate their 50th anniversary

That's sweet of him.. When I first read the headline I wondered if he got one for Michael too.. That's awesome
    Walk in truth, stand IN JUSTICE https://twitter.com/rasheedKOPV?s=09

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 833
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,693 Times in 1,330 Posts

Default Re: Jermaine Jackson gives all Jackson brothers a diamond ring to celebrate their 50th anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    When I first read the headline I wondered if he got one for Michael too..
    The headline from the article is:

Blimey! Jemaine Jackson unveils ENORMOUS diamond ring for late brother Michael live on GMB

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,056 Times in 1,439 Posts

short video of rehearsals in the Park tonight

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1037333856290217
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,400 Times in 3,820 Posts

by the way

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-34224626

The Jackson 5 score UK number one

The Jackson 5 are at number one in the UK singles chart, after their 1970 hit single ABC was sampled by a British DJ.

Sigala's song Easy Love welds Michael Jackson's vocals to a summery house beat. It has beaten the original song's chart peak of number eight.

The track even has the seal of approval from Tito Jackson, who said he "loved the track", according to Sigala.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,766 Times in 2,232 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Annita View Post
    The headline from the article is:

Blimey! Jemaine Jackson unveils ENORMOUS diamond ring for late brother Michael live on GMB

The Headline of the thread is: Jermaine Jackson gives all Jackson brothers a diamond ring to celebrate their 50th anniversary

Thanks though lol
    Walk in truth, stand IN JUSTICE https://twitter.com/rasheedKOPV?s=09

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 683
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,036 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but there always seems to be some kind of sarcastic tone to articles about Michael or his brothers-Jermaine "bizarrely said...." and "they seemed to have no idea about the Proms", the event they're going to play at.

Why would they? They're US citizens-wouldn't this be a good time for the hosts to go into some UK history about it? I have no clue what the Proms is.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to barbee0715 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but there always seems to be some kind of sarcastic tone to articles about Michael or his brothers-Jermaine "bizarrely said...." and "they seemed to have no idea about the Proms", the event they're going to play at.

Why would they? They're US citizens-wouldn't this be a good time for the hosts to go into some UK history about it? I have no clue what the Proms is.
    No, it's not just you. The bitchiness towards them is prevalent in numerous articles, many of them from overseas new outlets, but the snarky is worldwide. To me, a prom is a dance we attended in high school. I never heard of this festival or whatever it is, either.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SheilaMJFan4Ever For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 833
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,693 Times in 1,330 Posts

I have to say, when I am a artist and agree to perform on a special festival in a ohter country I would do a little research aobut it and not go one day before the performance to a TV show in the country and have nothing to say abouut the festival. A little research in internet, which is done in minutes can be expected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Proms

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Annita For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 683
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,036 Posts

I have to say, when I am a artist and agree to perform on a special festival in a ohter country I would do a little research aobut it and not go one day before the performance to a TV show in the country and have nothing to say abouut the festival. A little research in internet, which is done in minutes can be expected.

Well, true, which is what I did when I heard about it. I imagine they probably did the same and got this "Cliff's Note" version since Jackie said they knew it was old, happens once a year, and it's quite prestigious. Obviously it's an honor to be asked to perform.

I saw where the real name is the "Promenade Concerts" and that it's usually classical music or British nationalist music-it's at Royal Albert Hall with the last night at Hyde Park-but I guess I just expected the hosts to be more hospitable and kinda go into the history of the thing.

Nevertheless, looking at both the rehearsal and their performance, it looks like it was great. The audience was great-and I loved the orchestra behind them.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barbee0715 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,462 Posts

I guess I just expected the hosts to be more hospitable and kinda go into the history of the thing.
    I would too. Another thing to point out is if you're inviting someone to a party, event, venue, special event, etc., then it is the responsibility of the HOST to inform the guests of the details of what it is about, not the other way around. That is the sensible thing to do; not invite someone to something they're not familiar with and expect them to do the research.
    Last edited by SheilaMJFan4Ever; 15-09-2015 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Because I'm BAD!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SheilaMJFan4Ever For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,220 Times in 4,834 Posts

Yes, I would too:-) I kind of understand the interviewers astonishment (or if they used of word bizarre in this occasion) as who in this internet age admits that they don't know what the festival is about if they have agreed to appear to it.

On the different note, I see Jermaine is still man of comedy
    "he explained their longevity had come from their astounding dedication and devotion to their craft while he enthused that five decades on from their debut single I Want You Back, the quartet still "strive to be the best"."

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Well, true, which is what I did when I heard about it. I imagine they probably did the same and got this "Cliff's Note" version since Jackie said they knew it was old, happens once a year, and it's quite prestigious. Obviously it's an honor to be asked to perform.

I saw where the real name is the "Promenade Concerts" and that it's usually classical music or British nationalist music-it's at Royal Albert Hall with the last night at Hyde Park-but I guess I just expected the hosts to be more hospitable and kinda go into the history of the thing.

Nevertheless, looking at both the rehearsal and their performance, it looks like it was great. The audience was great-and I loved the orchestra behind them.
    It's only really the last half of the last night that is 'nationalistic'; the rest of the Prom concerts always include all kinds of classical and several newly commissioned works from around the world too. I was amused that this year's ''Last Night' was an 'American takeover', with the Jacksons headlining in the Park, and a wonderful American (female) conductor , Marin Alsop, in the Royal Albert Hall, conducting the BBC Symphony orchestra and chorus. (The Jacksons were backed by the BBC concert orchestra). Marin has conducted the last night before, and has a wonderful 'lightness of touch', bringing deep musicality and a very 'fun' sense of humour to the proceedings.

(The concert in the Park and the concert in the Hall join up for the second half of the last night. They even sing part-songs together!...helped by concert audiences linked from Glasgow, Swansea and Belfast...the Titanic slipway was the latter venue this year.) The BBC likes a technical challenge!

Here are the joined up audiences in 2015 singing Aaron Copland's 'I bought me a cat' ( also American!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40MEJIOAEz8
    Last edited by myosotis; 15-09-2015 at 12:40 PM.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

24. The Following User Says Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Just seen this pic on Twitter...the rest of the diamonds were on 'erms guitar! WOW
    (Love the bracelets but I think they were just decoration, not bullion/ diamonds)

http://

Jermaine Jackson ‏@jermjackson5 · 11m11 minutes ago
    The fine 400-carat @CoronetDiamonds Gibson, a Guinness world-record for most valuable guitar ($2m) #aaronshumjewelry

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

ChrisC

I told my friend last night that the Jackson brothers had been on Good Morning Britain this week showing off their rings.

I nearly crashed my car from the laughing that followed.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisC For This Useful Post: