Jacksons: The Next Generation [REALITY SHOW DISCUSSION ONLY]

myosotis

Proud Member
Mods note: This thread is for discussing the new Jacksons reality show. All the relevant posts from the previous thread will be moved here. Please keep this one on topic. If you want to discuss the relationship between Michael and the Jacksons, there is a separate thread for it.

A trio of Jackson family members will be the focus of a new reality TV show.

Lifetime has ordered The Jacksons: Next Generation, a docuseries that tracks three siblings from one of the most famous musical families, EW has learned exclusively. Premiering Oct. 2 at 10 p.m. ET, the series will follow TJ, Taj, and Taryll (above) – the sons of Jackson 5 member/Michael’s brother Tito Jackson – and will even feature appearances by Michael’s three kids, Prince, Paris, and Blanket.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/03/jackson-family-reality-show-lifetime

LOL, I see we all saw this at the same time...mods please combine :)

Episodes 1 & 2

[video=youtube;fTDFyixOgrI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTDFyixOgrI[/video]

[video=youtube;h02Rtyg3IrI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h02Rtyg3IrI[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/0...e?hootPostID=ad290b4c0b409676a4d98a6a9a2246a1

Lifetime has ordered The Jacksons: Next Generation, a docuseries that tracks three siblings from one of the most famous musical families, EW has learned exclusively. Premiering Oct. 2 at 10 p.m. ET, the series will follow TJ, Taj, and Taryll (above) – the sons of Jackson 5 member/Michael’s brother Tito Jackson – and will even feature appearances by Michael’s three kids, Prince, Paris, and Blanket.

Episodes will delve into the professional and personal lives of: TJ, the 34-year-old father of four and the legal co-guardian of his uncle Michael’s kids, Prince, Paris and Blanket; Taryll, the 39-year-old father of two with a “very complicated” relationship with his sons’ mother; and the 41-year-old Taj, who is pursuing careers in music and film directing when he’s not defending the family name. The Jacksons: Next Generation will show these siblings raising their children, coping with the stresses of being a Jackson (which includes dealing with “the constant rumors, stalkers, and frauds who all want a piece of anything and anyone related to the family’s legacy,” according to the network), and performing with their R&B group 3T, whose 1995 debut album Brotherhood went triple platinum.

This isn’t the first time that Jackson family members have been the subjects of a reality show. For example, the four suriving members of the Jackson 5 were the focus of The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty, which aired on A&E from 2009 to 2010, and Life with La Toya ran from 2013 to 2014 on OWN.

Joe Jackson, the 87-year-old family patriarch, suffered a stroke last week while in Brazil and is currently recuperating.
the-jacksons-next-generation-03.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Lifetime to air Jackson family reality series (3T)

Well, I just got an alert on my news feed about Hayvenhurst and jumped over here to see if anyone was talking about it, and saw this. Interesting. I wonder if this is why Alejandra's show was stopped.
I don't know what to think-I'm just surprised about it. Guess I'll have to think about it a bit.

I'm not too sure what to think either? I mean, the way I see it is this: MJ isn't coming back, and he's been gone 6 years. I know he probably wouldn't want this kind of exposure for his kids, but Prince and Paris aren't kids anymore, and Blanket seems to have spent more time since MJ's death in front of the camera / fans / etc. than he ever did when MJ was alive, I call it being "Jackson Conditioned." I like TJ. I think he's been a great guardian. I don't think him, Tarryl, or Taj would force PPB to be on the show if they didn't want to? So, for those reasons, I hope they get what they're looking for out of this, though I would be lying if I didn't say it gave me mixed feelings. I mean, I also just don't understand the Reality Show movement, but who am I to judge :)

Well, I just got an alert on my news feed about Hayvenhurst and jumped over here to see if anyone was talking about it,.

I posted a thread about this in the new-section, but obiously it was deleted. I don`t know why.

And on this topic. I don`t think TJ is a great guardian selling MJ kids to a reality show to gain more audience and for sure to get a better salery.

Reality shows seem to get quite a lot of comment in various 'tabloid' media (paper and online). I guess this is an opportunity for the family to 'promote' Michael as having been a wonderful uncle / dad. I hope that the media will get lots of positive quotes, and maybe some more balanced insight into Michael 'the man' to counteract the more ridiculous output from media following the court cases.

I posted a thread about this in the new-section, but obiously it was deleted. I don`t know why.

And on this topic. I don`t think TJ is a great guardian selling MJ kids to a reality show to gain more audience and for sure to get a better salery.

The Jack$on'$ took more time to pimp out the children for their own benefit again, I guess money is running out and it's not enough for TJ the payment he receives as guardian. Michael never used his children to promote any of his projects and he'd have never exposed them to a reality show.

Wasn't 3T's limited success 20 years ago mostly in Europe? If so, I can't imagine that Lifetime would offer them a U.S. reality series in 2015 without them promising to show PPB.

Reality shows seem to get quite a lot of comment in various 'tabloid' media (paper and online). I guess this is an opportunity for the family to 'promote' Michael as having been a wonderful uncle / dad. I hope that the media will get lots of positive quotes, and maybe some more balanced insight into Michael 'the man' to counteract the more ridiculous output from media following the court cases.
Even though I don't watch them, (except I did watch LaToya's on OWN and the Jackson Family Dynasty on A&E) just because of who they are, it does seem like these reality shows get a lot of NEWS coverage in mainstream media anymore-which just goes to show how shallow we've become when we should be worried about the real social/economic issues going on right in front of us.

BUT, having said that, a lot of the next Hollywood generation is doing this-Magic Johnson's kid is in a show-and George Hamilton and Alana Stewart and their kids have a show, David Foster's family has had a show, the Kardashians, Jenners, and Nicole Richie all had shows and they went to Buckley with Tito's sons. They do get a lot of press and it doesn't have to be all trashy and gossipy like the "Housewives" shows. It might even lead to better things for all the kids and their showbiz careers in terms of networking. You never know who is going to see you.

Although I will say that one show I watched a bit of "Ex-Hollywood Wives" or somethng like that-Eddie's Murphy's wife was on, and Prince's ex-wife was on-and it was very above board-no dirt was spoken by anyone-and they all came off very classy. Of course, there was no drama, so I believe it got cancelled fast. LOL.

Get Your First Look at Lifetime's 'The Jacksons: Next Generation'

by Raphael Chestang 9:44PM EDT, August 21, 2015
[video]http://videos.kargo.com/now/od/auto/cd348911-f595-4b05-849c-4dbc353e3a11/85df08eb-5f67-48f1-bd1b-5c6e4f5d64fc/df66c35c-8273-46f4-ab2e-be6060060ca9/content.once?umxbeacon=http%3A%2F%2Ftraffic.kargo. com%2Fpiwik.php%3Fidsite%3D110%26rec%3D1%26ucorn%3 D1%26piwik_campaign%3DKRG-134353%26cookie%3D1%26action_name%3DTV%2B-%2BGet%2BYour%2BFirst%2BLook%2Bat%2BLifetime%2527s %2B%2527The%2BJacksons%253A%2BNext%2BGeneration%25 27%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fm.etonline.com%252Fv %252FTV%252FGetYourFirstLook9%252F%253FKSID%253D98 5286d7469c7ae372ea582819ce45f4%2526piwik_kwd%253DT V%252B-%252BGet%252BYour%252BFirst%252BLook%252Bat%252BLi fetime%252527s%252B%252527The%252BJacksons%25253A% 252BNext%252BGeneration%252527%2526piwik_campaign% 253DKRG-134353%26piwik_kwd%3DTV%2B-%2BGet%2BYour%2BFirst%2BLook%2Bat%2BLifetime%2527s %2B%2527The%2BJacksons%253A%2BNext%2BGeneration%25 27%26cvar%3D%257B%25221%2522%253A%255B%2522Channel %2522%252C%2522TV%2522%255D%252C%25222%2522%253A%2 55B%2522Entry%2522%252C%2522Get%2BYour%2BFirst%2BL ook%2Bat%2BLifetime%2527s%2B%2527The%2BJacksons%25 3A%2BNext%2BGeneration%2527%2522%255D%257D%26_cvar %3D%257B%25221%2522%253A%255B%2522Source%2522%252C %2522On%2BDeck%255C%252Fentryview%2522%255D%257D[/video]

If you ever wanted to know what it's like to be a part of the famous Jackson family, here's your chance.
Tito Jackson's three sons TJ, 37, Taj, 42, and Taryll, 40, are opening up their family to reality show cameras for Lifetime's docuseries The Jacksons: Next Generation, debuting Oct. 2, and ET has a first look.
WATCH: Michael Jackson's Legacy By-The-Numbers
While their father became famous as part of The Jackson 5 with brothers Michael, Jackie, Marlon and Jermaine, TJ, Taj and Taryll have mostly kept their private lives out of the public eye -- until now.
"First it was really hard because we are so private," Taj told ET. "There's certain things that you see and then we're like, 'No, you can't show that!' But then that's what keeps it real."
In addition to Tito's three sons, the late Michael Jackson's three children Prince, Paris and Blanket will also appear in the series.
PICS: Remembering Michael Jackson
"We opened it up to everyone -- to whoever wanted to participate," Taj said. "That was the way we did it because it's kind of their story as well."
The show will primarily deal with the professional and personal lives of Taryll, Taj and TJ, who is the legal co-guardian of Prince, Paris and Blanket, as they navigate through the obstacles of being a Jackson while trying to defend their family name and perform with their R&B group 3T, whose debut album, 1995's Brotherhood, went triple platinum.
Watch the video for more.

From Entertainment Tonight-quick clip. http://m.etonline.com/v/TV/GetYourFirstLook9/?KSID=a7b24ea1f333e46058292fe505f235d8

Sorry I couldn't get the video to embed-it's on some kind of cloud thing.

Last edited:

^^Prince has the best line in the trailer.
I'll say this again about Prince. He may not want to be there or even the events in Gary, but he never lets it show. I can't help but think he does it for Michael. Always leaves a good impression.

It could be worse. The press is always all over Steve Irwin's little girl, (she's Paris's age) and she just announced she's joining DWTS.
Celebrity kids don't have an easy life. Expectations are enormous.

^^Prince has the best line in the trailer.
I'll say this again about Prince. He may not want to be there or even the events in Gary, but he never lets it show. I can't help but think he does it for Michael. Always leaves a good impression.

You are right here i notice that too. Prince know how important the fans was to his father. Last year in Gary i got the chance to see Prince up close i ask him to sign my shirt and he said sure and i told him that his father would be proud of him.

If the Kardashians employees at Dash can get a reality show for their own than any Jackson can.. People have/will get fame by association! It's just the name of the game, it's about who you know much more than what you know..

of course when it comes to association with Michael it touches us differently because we are emotionally evolved - but it is no different than 90% of celebs out there..
Jon Voight - Angelina Jolie (daughter)
Jerry Stiller - Ben Stiller (son)
Kevin James - Gary Valentine (brother)
Ariana Grande - Frankie Grande (brother)
Richard Hilton - Paris Hilton (daughter)
Paris Hilton - Kim Kardashian (friend)
Alan Thicke - Robin Thicke (son)

* The list can be multiple pages.. Some of the most famous people are famous because of association.

People have gotten fame/notoriety because of association for as long as there were people on earth.. "the cool cousin", "the jock brother", "the gangster uncle", "the famous second cousin twice removed"..

We can't always fault people for taking advantage of there relation because it would be stupid not to... Of course there are it's limits which several times some Jacksons have crossed numerous amount of time - but that does not speak for every person with that last name nor does it speak for EVERYTHING they do. It's just a fine line..

A reality show is a goldfish bowl. Michael was immensely famous at a young age, and for all of his life, because he WORKED for it, as a musician, dancer, and all-around performer. His loss of freedom as a celebrity was the price he paid. We know that he wanted his children to choose their own paths, because he SAID SO. His children are famous only because he was their father; they have no OTHER accomplishments yet. Putting them in the public eye before they have chosen life paths on their own, in terms of what they want to DO as adults -- makes me sad.

The bashing and accusing in this thread is unbelievable.

This reality series is about 3t.
They are the ones being followed for this show, not MJs kids. However, them being Jacksons and (some of) the family being close, of course its inevitable that we're going to be seeing some of the children in this series. And if we do its because they wanted to be in this. Contrary to what some of you may think, 3t are very down to earth and care an enormous big deal about the well being of Michael's children. They respect them and treat them as if they were their own.

You dont have to like 3t, but give them a break. These guys have had to put their careers on hold many times due to things happening to either Michael (Michaels fight with Sony, the trial and unfortunately, his death) and Janet (the Superbowl incident). They have been patient and never left Michaels side when it comes to supporting him.

Last edited:

Are you blaming the lack of interest 3T had on the unfair and undeserving backlash from the media and general public both Michael and Janet received? Are you serious?

Michael was being publically lynched for being accused of a crime he NEVER commited, his life was at stake but somehow he was the one to blame 3T put their career on hold for 9 years. Neither Michael nor Janet had problems for 8 years but the nephews didn't do anything to take advantage of the push Michael gave them in 1995. Why did they wait such amount of years to release another record? That's a lame excuse they put to justify their lack of hard work and constant dedication.

Last edited:

Are you blaming the lack of interest 3T had on the unfair and undeserving backlash from the media and general public both Michael and Janet received? Are you serious?

Michael was being publically lynched for being accused of a crime he NEVER commited, his life was at stake but somehow he was the one to blame 3T put their career on hold for 9 years. Neither Michael nor Janet had problems for 8 years but the nephews didn't do anything to take advantage of the push Michael gave them in 1995. Why did they wait such amount of years to release another record? That's a lame excuse they put to justify their lack of hard work and constant dedication.

Read my post again. They spent those years writing and recording their 2nd album which was never released due to Michaels problems with Sony. They had to start over as their 2nd album was litterally locked away in a vault.

Do some research bedore you call them lazy and not dedicatec. You dont know what youre talking about.

^^Michael started to have problems with Sony in 2000, 5 years without releasing second album was a lot of time time they waited either way.

That REALLY isn't up to you to decide. There was 5 years give or take between Michael's albums so what is your point? What I stated is what happened and whether you like it or not, it's the truth.

He released an album every 4 years since Bad, so MJ didn't even take that long just until the second allegations occurred and couldn't really recover. As I said, they began having problems in 2000 but it scaled quickly the following year, as new comers who were successful mostly in Europe, they SHOULDN'T have taken such amount of time to release another album. They don't have the seniority Michael had to give themselves that liberty.

To add that as new comers, people in general forget about the acts if they don't keep themselves relevant. They waited a lot to release a new material.

Last edited:

How do one compare 3T to MJ is beyond me. Who are they but MJ's nephews?!

For God's sake much more popular acts did not survive 5 years, how would these 3 with less than mediocre talent expect to stay relevant?

That's why it's beyond me Michael and Janet get the blame 3T put their career on hold.

why you have to be on reality shows...whyyyyyyyyyyy???

Huh? Who blamed them for it?

Prince Jackson retweetete
Lifetime ?@lifetimetv

"People don't want to know the truth." - Katherine Jackson
Go beyond the headlines with #JacksonsNextGen on Oct 2.
Videohttps://twitter.com/lifetimetv/status/646787492834742272

Taryll Jackson ?@tarylljackson 23. Sep.

Getting closer to Oct 2nd! Make sure you tune in and catch us @TheReal3T on @lifetimetv #JacksonsNextGen
CPkJ4t_UcAAhH6e.jpg

So my guess is some fans are thinking Prince was forced to retweet that ha? and has no desire for fans to tune in!!

Back