' A new look on xscape' - Xscape Album Cover Redesign

Euan

Proud Member
6398775_orig.png

A new look on xscape

22/10/2015

A lot of people didn't like the original artwork for the 2014 Michael Jackson posthumous ' Xscape'.

Two of the problems they had were the fact they used a created picture of Michael and not an actual picture. The other problem was the fact it was the ring used around the head was like a dog cone or something.

Although the design has good ideas behind it. It can be hard to warm too.

"Michael is all around us, in our universe and beyond, on earth and in outer space."
- Mat Maitland, the creator of the Xscape artwork. Read more here.

To me, the futuristic design is a nice and it feels MJ. I could have seen Michael moving this way. It gives of vibes of ahead-of-the-game, very much like Michael always was.

I decided to give it a go myself and I redesigned the cover using an actual picture of Michael which I knew would be more preferable and I don't see why they didn't use one in the first place.
I kept the main themes and I tried to keep it inline with the original design as much as I could. This isn't a huge project but something I'm very happy to share and to have created.

Hope you like it,

Thanks
- Euan.

http://www.euanturner.co.uk/blog/a-new-look-on-xscape

Last edited:
I have to say, I prefer the original cover, where his face is u front. But you did a hell of job man! Looks very professional!

Nice design! I like the Xscape cover but this is a really good redesign! :)

I prefer the original cover. The original image is like mature Michael from around the BOTDF era. This one is clearly from the Dangerous era, which is too long ago to use for a 2015 album cover, in my opinion. His eyes in the original art work are incredibl. I think his eyes have always been his trademark, so therefore, I'll always be in favour of seeing an image that is facing towards the front.

This is a nice picture of Michael.

But I don't like the idea of using a picture that's already been used for a cover before...
Michael-Jackson-Will-You-Be-There-22671.jpg

The cover of Xscape was not a big issue for me. I kind of like it.

Yeah, this work is okay. Poorly executed. I can do better now.

I'll probably remake the cover to something else in the future...

Wow, this is really good. The original was fine, the artwork was probably the best drawing of Michael I've ever seen.

Back