Video & Arcade Top 10 Appreciation

PoP

Proud Member
Country
Canada
My god I missed a Canadian game show called "Video & Arcade Top 10" the runs on YTV from 1991-2006 and I 've been watching it since 92' and the show's the whole reason that got me interested in games more and the very next year we got our own console which is Super Nintendo with a game "Super Mario World". But since the entire year of 1998 until early 1999 I missed out the show until we got Bell satellite and I got into the again for sometime. Now I really wish YTV will bring "Video & Arcade Top 10" back, they should bring newer gamers to play either Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One and the winner of the game will win a prize like before.

[YOUTUBE]mbxXmMgwtaU[/YOUTUBE]

In this episode the games played features "Mario Kart 64" and "Star Fox 64" on N64.

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]Hed5WY97HzE[/YOUTUBE]

This episode features the games played or ExciteBike 64 and Mario Party 2.

Ohhhhh! I totally forgot about that show til I seen the name of this thread! I remember watching it too and yes I think it was also one of the things that really got my interest peaked about getting into and playing different games. Oh the memories. I do miss that show.

That show kind of reminds me of the one we had here in the U.S. Called Video Power. I used to watch that show all of the time. Back in the early 90s. When I was like 11 and 12 years old. It is a shame that it only ran for about 2 years. I thought it was such an awesome show to watch. At least You tube has the show.

I also remember watching "Nick Arcade", I saw the pilot episode one time, in the pilot they have "Double Dragon III", "Ski Or Die", "Super Mario Bros 3", "Sonic The Hedgehog", "Moonwalker", "Magician Lord" and "Aero Blaster", but nobody plays "Moonwalker" which is a let down.

This episode features the games played are Batman Returns & Cybernator

And oh yeah did you know that the "Video & Arcade Top 10" used the same theme from Crashman's Theme in "Mega Man II"?

[YOUTUBE]mOIjzmMZi_s[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
[video=youtube;jgkS2HLD8I4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgkS2HLD8I4[/video]

V&A YTV promo 1994

[video=youtube;VxRPKQmxKIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxRPKQmxKIs[/video]

The episode features “Kirby’s Adventure” (Half of the full episode)

Here's a tidbit question by Rob at 23:30, we obviously knew the answer right?

Back